CB Radio Handel?

-

Plymouth 340

Triple Digit Ride
Reaction score
Can you guys recomend me a CB radio handel, never thought of a good one so i decided to ask you all.

I've got my ham radio license now so i haven't been on the CB for quite some time. My handle was "Stringer" and there's a story behind it.

Pick something easy to say and easy to understand over the air and with a little humour behind it but not contraversal.

I used to be Midnight Rider because I was out running arount until dawn most nights. I also had Yellow Submarine because I had a yellow 1972 Gran Torino Sport that looked like a submarine.

You could use something like Mopar Man, 340, Hemi, 426 Hemi or something similar if you want to have something in the Mopar line.

My old friend was the rubber ball. He,d answer radio checks with you got the rubber ball wall to wall kdk30 30. You bouncing off the walls in here,come back.I will never forget that handle of my departed friend.Saw your homepage of Martin Wasp Motors. Maybe the Wasp would make a good handle.I can here it now. You got the Wasp flying at cha thru the air waves. Hope were loud and clear and youre not hearing any buzzing. Cb operators are kinda like poets.

I COULD tell ya what mine was - back in the 340 Landcruiser days, but I'd have ta kill ya first, it's THAT secret.

I started out with the Red Baron and get called other things too.

My old friend was the rubber ball. He,d answer radio checks with you got the rubber ball wall to wall kdk30 30. You bouncing off the walls in here,come back.I will never forget that handle of my departed friend.Saw your homepage of Martin Wasp Motors. Maybe the Wasp would make a good handle.I can here it now. You got the Wasp flying at cha thru the air waves. Hope were loud and clear and youre not hearing any buzzing. Cb operators are kinda like poets.
Well 500 i think ill go with Wasp. Sounds good and it easy to understand a has a story behind it.

"Mountain Boy"?

I go by "longwalk' which is what you have when your ballast resistor dies in your duster and you don't have a spare on-board.

(Dont' ask me how I know that...)

Wow, CB handles. Those go back a few years.
Mine was "Bullfrog" back then. I had a 20-mile commute in SoCal rush-hour freeway traffic back in the CB heyday and used to talk all the way to work and back home to the same group of people. We all started meeting most workday mornings at a little coffee shop that was just down the street from my work. We even had a little picnic get-together at one of the regional parks here in Orange County one summer.
Good times and good people. Just like FABO is now but on a much more local scale.
Some favorite handles from my friends back then: Shotgun, Peanut Butter, Speed Racer, and Mother Nature - she was a real cutie!

heard a guy once called big kitchen. i go by ringo cause my last name is ring and my dad used to be g. string cause his name on the driver board was g. ring. also got and uncle called 9 fingers. guess why lol

Around here there is a huge salmon fishing derby and the guys here on Winnipesaukee dont use marine radios but CBs so there was a guy Domino and Armidillio and tons of others out there talking.

Mine was special ed [probly cause i was high often] my later one was deep kimshee [i'm married to a Korean woman and when you get her angry at you your in deep kimshee]. Wasp sounds good.

I've got my ham radio license now so i haven't been on the CB for quite some time. My handle was "Stringer" and there's a story behind it.

Pick something easy to say and easy to understand over the air and with a little humour behind it but not contraversal.

Mud Bug here, memike might slip out thought :eek:ops:
Concrete to sheet rock .
Happy new one Brother :D It's gong to be a dandy :cheers:

"Mountain Boy"?

I go by "longwalk' which is what you have when your ballast resistor dies in your duster and you don't have a spare on-board.

(Dont' ask me how I know that...)
Why isnt it "Mountain Man"? I like mountain man, sounds good. I may go with that.

Haven't had a CB radio since the 70's, but my handle back then was "Moby Banana". I used to have a 1976 Yellow Dodge B200 Tradesman Van (long wheel base) and that was the name given to it by my sister, and it stuck. lol

Back in the early 70's a long time ago I had a silver Barracuda 340 Formula S 4 speed and went by "The lone Racer" in the Silver Bullet! Now that was the early 70's mind you .

Brings a smile to my face. Been a few yrs since i used one. Back in the day i was "Sunshine Cowboy". I got that name because i'd was in So Cal and i'd ride em all. I didn't cull many. Never rode any bulls or horses though. Let's see, there was this redhead one tim......never mind.
Small Block

-
Back