Champion radiators

-
Why do you like to complicate things? Haha j/k! I dont think the universal fit hassle is worth saving 2 dollars I'd spend more in the long run fabricating brackets. 179 fitted seems the best route to me. Although idk if either place offers free shipping like summit does. What do you have against jegs?
Well I agree if you can find one for $2 more that's a direct fit go for it...
Both Jegs and Summit offer free shipping for orders over $99..
If you have a problem with your Jegs radiator they will make you send it back to them before they will do anything. They won't even look at another one to see if it has the same flaws... Unless you're ready to purchase a second one and wait for your money to come back for the first one.
If you have a problem with your radiator from Summit before you get off the phone you'll already have an email saying your new one is on the way and you'll have 30 days to return the old one....

Well I agree if you can find one for $2 more that's a direct fit go for it...
Both Jegs and Summit offer free shipping for orders over $99..
If you have a problem with your Jegs radiator they will make you send it back to them before they will do anything. They won't even look at another one to see if it has the same flaws... Unless you're ready to purchase a second one and wait for your money to come back for the first one.
If you have a problem with your radiator from Summit before you get off the phone you'll already have an email saying your new one is on the way and you'll have 30 days to return the old one....

It's arguable though that the cross flow cools a lot better. Since I'm certainly not worried much with originality, that may be what I do.

Thanks man. That will fit in my car. I have it saved "in case" what I have now doesn't cool the fat motor.
Instead of looking for one that is a direct fit for my car I just looked under radiator and then even pushed in my price range which was 100 to 250.. then I measured what would fit between the frame rails and that was 27 in and what wouldn't hit the Hood from the bottom of the support.
Mounting it was more than simple I just riveted 2 c shaped rubberized pieces of metal on the bottom to cup it into and on the top I just bought one of those chrome Chevy style radiator caps ($21?) that hooked onto the radiator and to the front of the core support up top. It looks pretty nice. I could have bought it in a powder coated black or just raw metal and painted it any color but I got chrome...

Instead of looking for one that is a direct fit for my car I just looked under radiator and then even pushed in my price range which was 100 to 250.. then I measured what would fit between the frame rails and that was 27 in and what wouldn't hit the Hood from the bottom of the support.
Mounting it was more than simple I just riveted 2 c shaped rubberized pieces of metal on the bottom to cup it into and on the top I just bought one of those chrome Chevy style radiator caps ($21?) that hooked onto the radiator and to the front of the core support up top. It looks pretty nice. I could have bought it in a powder coated black or just raw metal and painted it any color but I got chrome...

It's funny I keep reading the frame rails are narrower on the early A bodies, but mine measures 27" from rail to rail too.

It's arguable though that the cross flow cools a lot better. Since I'm certainly not worried much with originality, that may be what I do.
okay damn it it's still early here on the West coast and I'm in my jammies and now I'm out in the garage and I'm going to take pictures and post them..
Of the radiator not me and my jammies weirdo...

It's funny I keep reading the frame rails are narrower on the early A bodies, but mine measures 27" from rail to rail too.
what's nice about stuffing this big radiator in here is I did get one 27 in wide or just a hair short of that. And I got one I believe about 20 in tall.. what I was really aiming for was having the entire window my Mopar left us for the radiator filled completely with the fins of the radiator allowing the most air flow through the cooling part as possible..
So like I said real simple I put three rivets in two c-shaped pieces of rubberized metal 2 cup the bottom of the radiator in. I noted where the radiator was touching the core support and put some window stripping there two cushions from vibration and rubbing.. are then topped it off with a Chevy style radiator support on top that fits and looks just fine... This all works with a factory water pump, and a 16-inch puller fan... I bought a more expensive $140 one with a thermostat controller and have had no problems with my Stroker motor I'm very hot days...(with AC a-blowin)..
IMG_20200816_082156.jpg
IMG_20200816_082106.jpg
IMG_20200816_082055.jpg
IMG_20200816_082047.jpg

Now I don't know the one that I posted for dartfreak was the same exact one that I have I was just on a mission to prove that it didn't cost $300 or more. I thought I remember paying around $150 for mine and was pissed because the week before they were on sale for 130...
AKA measure twice purchase once lol...

what's nice about stuffing this big radiator in here is I did get one 27 in wide or just a hair short of that. And I got one I believe about 20 in tall.. what I was really aiming for was having the entire window my Mopar left us for the radiator filled completely with the fins of the radiator allowing the most air flow through the cooling part as possible..
So like I said real simple I put three rivets in two c-shaped pieces of rubberized metal 2 cup the bottom of the radiator in. I noted where the radiator was touching the core support and put some window stripping there two cushions from vibration and rubbing.. are then topped it off with a Chevy style radiator support on top that fits and looks just fine... This all works with a factory water pump, and a 16-inch puller fan... I bought two more expensive $140 one with a thermostat controller and have had no problems with my Stroker motor I'm very hot days...(with AC a-blowin)..
View attachment 1715579061 View attachment 1715579062 View attachment 1715579063 View attachment 1715579064
Now I don't know the one that I posted for dartfreak was the same exact one that I have I was just on a mission to prove that it didn't cost $300 or more. I thought I remember paying around $150 for mine and was pissed because the week before they were on sale for 130...
AKA measure twice purchase once lol...

That's cool to do it that way......but a lot of these guys don't realize that you don't have to have the hole in the radiator support the same size of the core. For instance, if you only have a 22" hole in the support, but have a 26" radiator, ALL of the water will be cooled since it's constantly flowing through the radiator. Every bit of it will see air flow.

That's cool to do it that way......but a lot of these guys don't realize that you don't have to have the hole in the radiator support the same size of the core. For instance, if you only have a 22" hole in the support, but have a 26" radiator, ALL of the water will be cooled since it's constantly flowing through the radiator. Every bit of it will see air flow.
Yes basically the tanks don't get any wind flowing by them as they're off to the side for the most part. The hole that my Mopar gave us is just full of fins now...
Of course I had my original slant 6 radiator that was just barely keeping up on good days and having trouble on hot days. having the two side-by-side the ma Mopar one was like a brick and the new aluminum one was like a feather... What I really should have done was capped the bottom of both of them off and fill them with water and then weighed them because I could tell the aluminum one had a vastly bigger capacity... Could have ended up being just about close to the same weight once they were filled but what would you rather have...

I just looked that one up on summit that you showed me @j par thats not gonna work for me. No trans coolant lines. I guess technically I could run a separate trans cooler but nah! Lol

I just looked that one up on summit that you showed me @j par thats not gonna work for me. No trans coolant lines. I guess technically I could run a separate trans cooler but nah! Lol
Me personally for something I keep for myself I always run a separate transmission cooler... They do cost fifty bucks, but how much does a new transmission cost...

Me personally for something I keep for myself I always run a separate transmission cooler... They do cost fifty bucks, but how much does a new transmission cost...
That is true. Iv never had trouble with a over heating transmission but then again iv never really had any performance behind them either.

I got my Champion from Challengergary on here a few years back, I think it was right around $200. Car hasn't ran hot since I installed it 6ish or so years ago.

I used their 26" version in my Duster and my factory shroud fit right on with the mounting holes in the radiator.

-
Back