chat

-
I've visited a few times over the past couple of months and can't even get the window to open; it always seems to want some update that never fully downloads. It used to be a very lively place to be almost on a nightly basis but I don't know what happened.

this is what I get when I go to chat!

This Chat Software requires Java:
Get Java Now

so I tried to load the Java it says I'm up to date?

I haven't been in for a couple months, but when I was it would always ask me to update Java. I'd just ignore it/decline, and the chat window opened up after about 5 seconds.

I didn't have any issues opening it, but like mentioned, no one there!

First time I've ever gone into chat but whatever, might check back at a time people are alive.....

It just opened for me twice.......:)

Doesn't really matter if no one is there. lol

btw, the "chat" features on most websites have, or are become dormant.

People seem to be losing interest in real time chat, verses, spare time posting. The regular forums are just far more convenient to use. "Chat" requires that people be in the "room" at the same time. Really no different than a phone call, except it "free", but, you have to be there at the same time.

It does have it's advantages, too. Information processing in real time.

I suppose the issue is that in most cases, the chatters either become a clique and essentially the discussion are reduced to banter, or differing opinion result in on going arguments, and people taking sides in those arguments.

I suppose the issue is that in most cases, the chatters either become a clique and essentially the discussion are reduced to banter, or differing opinion result in on going arguments, and people taking sides in those arguments.

Agree. Obsolete and unneeded.

Doesn't really matter if no one is there. lol

Exactly right!!

I used to regular in there but it changed towards the end of last year. There was always a resident trouble maker in there and people got real rude and wouldn't talk or ignore one or more people.

After so much hassle and rudeness its not worth the time.

Facebook has a much better chat because you can chat to one specific person and anyone who will chat with you is your friend, so no risk of some random smart *** coming in and being a wet diaper on your chat with your friend.

Haven't stopped in since the format changed.

the chatters either become a clique and essentially the discussion are reduced to banter, or differing opinion result in on going arguments, and people taking sides in those arguments.
exactly that. the last time I was in there, it was like a week straight out of junior high school.

It doesn't work for me anymore either. I guess since the mods aren't having trouble with it, it's fixed.

It works for me, I have no trouble getting in. But like mentioned, nobody ever there. A person does not have to talk to the group either, can start your private messages with your friend. I do most talking in the chat room in a private conversation. But, it is what it is....

-
Back