Cheap *** headers at it again!!

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
340/4 Speed fit like a glove
Summit G9040 $205 before tax

Just jumped some train tracks last night with 2 people in the front seat and 3 in the back no scrapes lol.

IMG_2604.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

One time does not a crimp-free header make.

I knew I was done with that crap when I went round a banked corner that had a VERY slight crown and it crimped em shut. A little extra compression in the suspension and a little less clearance between the tires was all it took, and I had six inches clearance in the driveway.

Of course, that was day three after the install.

You had most all your extra weight in the *** end of the car and went over something perpendicular to the car.

I wish you well but I am skeptical they'll be great in a year

Dougs and tti headers fit like a glove even with power steering. Seen a A with Dougs and they look great. Cheaper headers make it hard to change the plugs and burn the plug wires.

That is probably the only reason I can accept.
let's go back to the report and see if we can extrapolate some reasoning:

2 passengers in the front
3 passengers in rear
night time

so, full boat of dudes making a beer run after wrenching? or bombing around town to check the veracity of repair and slamming some wobbly pops at the local, gettin' a little loose and frisky?

somebody in the car is definitely an instigator... but then again it don't take much to get all nimbly-bimbly when you're piloting a 340 4spd car...

let's go back to the report and see if we can extrapolate some reasoning:

2 passengers in the front
3 passengers in rear
night time

so, full boat of dudes making a beer run after wrenching? or bombing around town to check the veracity of repair and slamming some wobbly pops at the local, gettin' a little loose and frisky?

somebody in the car is definitely an instigator... but then again it don't take much to get all nimbly-bimbly when you're piloting a 340 4spd car...
Well done Sir, well done!

I've been tellin people on here for years that the cheap headers work fine as long as you don't have your chit ghettoed out in the weeds, but I always get blasted.

Sadly, I was stone sober. For almost 28 years at that point. I’m at almost 32 now.

So I can’t claim a “hold my beer” moment. Just a straight dumb *** deal.
Proud of you. Kitty just realized yesterday that she's been quit smokin now for 27 years. Those are two habits that really grab you. I consider myself very fortunate. I've never smoked and I can live with or without alcohol. I've gone YEARS without drinking and then sometimes I like a drink or a beer. I've never had an addictive personality and I'm thankful for that.

I've been tellin people on here for years that the cheap headers work fine as long as you don't have your chit ghettoed out in the weeds, but I always get blasted.
I had to screw 2x10 boards to my trailer, and make an extended ramp for my beater.lol. I smashed some cheapies back in my day!

on my challenger i bent a 10" x 5" bit of 1/4" plate and welded it to the k member. it went under the header tubes and acted as a sacrificial part. the new headers were 1 3/4" off the floor, the plate reduced it to 1 1/4". i was young and stupid and liked the spark show lighting up the road sides on country lanes. the header tubes stayed great though.
neil.

One time does not a crimp-free header make.

I knew I was done with that crap when I went round a banked corner that had a VERY slight crown and it crimped em shut. A little extra compression in the suspension and a little less clearance between the tires was all it took, and I had six inches clearance in the driveway.

Of course, that was day three after the install.

You had most all your extra weight in the *** end of the car and went over something perpendicular to the car.

I wish you well but I am skeptical they'll be great in a year
I have them in my 67 as well, the key is a decent front tire height and a rebuilt suspension, I can’t image the car getting that low on a dip to compress enough it hit. Now I use to have them on a worn out a body front end years ago with a 225 60 14 tire that was a bad combo for front end and header clearance lol

-
Back