-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm just testing the waters and trying to see if there are any Mopars in a daily driver condition near southeast Kansas for sale. I don't want anything newer and I understand that you don't get greatness with a limited cash flow. When I say cheap I mean $1,000-$1,500. I also don't care if it is a car, wagon, truck, or suv just no vans.

1970 Valiant 4 door, was /6, 3-speed, correctly changed to auto trans and power steering. 70,*** miles, no rust anywhere but has 'garage rash' from previous old lady owner. Next owner's dogs trashed the seats, headliner, and floor mat.
It hasn't been driven much for a year but I think you can drive it home from here in south central MO without any problems. $1350 cash firm.
Edit; engine pic was taken a couple of years ago but still looks nice.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_8157.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_5766.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 340
That body is ugly but man that motor makes up for it. Where are you located in south central Missouri?

That body is ugly but man that motor makes up for it. Where are you located in south central Missouri?

The car has had 30k put on it since that engine compartment pic was taken but it still looks nice. Did you miss the part about NO RUST? The car came from OK. The trunk metal is nearly as nice as the engine compartment and the floors have just some surface rust on them due to no paint from the factory.
I'm just south of I-44 and Ft. Leonard Wood at 65557.
Thanks,
Dallas

The car has had 30k put on it since that engine compartment pic was taken but it still looks nice. Did you miss the part about NO RUST? The car came from OK. The trunk metal is nearly as nice as the engine compartment and the floors have just some surface rust on them due to no paint from the factory.
I'm just south of I-44 and Ft. Leonard Wood at 65557.
Thanks,
Dallas
That is a 4-5 hour drive one way for me. I don't have a truck and trailer so I would need more recent pics and some thinking on that, cause I would have to drive it back home.

1970 Valiant 4 door, was /6, 3-speed, correctly changed to auto trans and power steering. 70,*** miles, no rust anywhere but has 'garage rash' from previous old lady owner. Next owner's dogs trashed the seats, headliner, and floor mat.
It hasn't been driven much for a year but I think you can drive it home from here in south central MO without any problems. $1350 cash firm.
Edit; engine pic was taken a couple of years ago but still looks nice.
Dallas

good deal

good deal

I know that this is a excellent deal for me but the slight sound of doubt about the car making it back to my place worries me. I don't have a truck and trailer anymore so driving is my only option. I have a dart in my drive way now but it would take a few months for me to get it daily driver condition again, and I cant wait that long. I need a good daily driver now so I can get a job that pays above minimum wage before my family and I get to far behind.

That Valiant looks like a sweet deal. If I needed another car like I need another hole in my head, I'd be all over that myself.

But have you considered a Diplomat or Grand Fury or I think they called those a couple other names too. They're probably an acquired taste, but if you have any interest, they're really nice cars and can usually be had cheap with a small block and ready to go. Easy to get parts for, easy and cheap to work on, and can be made fast. Comfy to drive. I've seen them frequently in my area in your price range for pretty nice ones and have considered getting one myself if I had the space for it. I think one would make a great daily driver.

I don't care if it is a car, truck, or suv. I just want it to be old and carbureted. I have a project car that I tried to sell a few times that I will toss in to get something that is reliable, good body(no major rust), and save for my kids to ride in. No vans but station wagons are accepted.

that green valiant looks like a really solid car ....take a look at the inner fenders where they meet the firewall ....NO RUST!!!.

that looks like a clean Colorado car ......usually when they are rusty those corner areas will be rusty .....I would be willing to bet quite a bit that the underneath is that clean too.

and its priced right from a straight shooting guy....if I was closer I would be all over that one :pirate: like I don't have enough cars already LMAO

and the best part is that its a pedal car so your not stuck with a boring automatic :D

I don't care if it is a car, truck, or suv. I just want it to be old and carbureted. I have a project car that I tried to sell a few times that I will toss in to get something that is reliable, good body(no major rust), and save for my kids to ride in. No vans but station wagons are accepted.

Yeah, then look at the Diplomats. Nice cars, carbureted, cheap to buy a pretty nice one!

that green valiant looks like a really solid car ....take a look at the inner fenders where they meet the firewall ....NO RUST!!!.

that looks like a clean Colorado car ......usually when they are rusty those corner areas will be rusty .....I would be willing to bet quite a bit that the underneath is that clean too.

and its priced right from a straight shooting guy....if I was closer I would be all over that one :pirate: like I don't have enough cars already LMAO

I agree with everyone that it looks solid but I need it to be reliable as well and he said in his post that he thinks it would drive back home. That makes me a little worried since I would have no choice but to drive it back.

for under 1500 what do you expect? bring a small tool kit. its a slant what could go wrong? if your that worried bring a carb kit with and throw it in before you leave, clean points real good, and drive that beast.

Those cars are not found around my area very often.
I haven't seen a diplomat or even a Omni in a very long time!

I rarely see Omnis, but I see Diplomats driving around very occasionally. But I see them (Diplomats) on CraigsList all the time. There's several of them for sale in southern Wisconsin right now, and they can hardly give them away.

24 Hrs,
Give the man some time.
A running daily driver that needs nothing for $1500........ they are real rare.
You have already complained so much that I would not respond to you with a free car.
By the way MoBody man shipped me parts fast when my daughter hit a deer, I am in WV she had the parts in a couple of days.

24 Hrs,
Give the man some time.
A running daily driver that needs nothing for $1500........ they are real rare.
You have already complained so much that I would not respond to you with a free car.
By the way MoBody man shipped me parts fast when my daughter hit a deer, I am in WV she had the parts in a couple of days.

I never said it had to be perfect. I need it to be able to drive for 6 hours without any issues to get me back to home town, then I can address any issues. I hate doing roadside repairs with a wife and kids having to wait on me by the side of the road in the chase car. When I said the body looked ugly I wasn't meaning the car was horrible, I was speaking towards the color.
I don't mind if the vehicle needs minor body or interior work. I just don't want big *** holes in the floor and a gutted interior.

Oh and I have not said anything about the members integrity or character. I have contacted him and I hope to be able to discuss the Valiant further via PM or phone.

That Valiant is a no brainer...screaming deal on a solid car. If that thing took a **** halfway home, you could have it towed, part it out and double all your total outlay within a week. Hell, I could sell those hubcaps for $100 three times over the first day I had them!

I know that this is a excellent deal for me but the slight sound of doubt about the car making it back to my place worries me. I don't have a truck and trailer anymore so driving is my only option. I have a dart in my drive way now but it would take a few months for me to get it daily driver condition again, and I cant wait that long. I need a good daily driver now so I can get a job that pays above minimum wage before my family and I get to far behind.

Sorry about the 'slight sound of doubt'. The only reason I worded it the way I did is because I haven't been driving it regularly and it's been mostly sitting around for about a year. I started to clean it up, then other things took priority and I just never got back to it. It starts right up every time you go to it, though.
They guy I got it from (I originally sold it to him with 42k on the odometer, then bought it back when he was moving, now has 71k I believe) drove it from here to KC several trips without incident.
Anyway, I'll give you more details about it tomorrow when you call.
Thanks,
Dallas

I never said it had to be perfect. I need it to be able to drive for 6 hours without any issues to get me back to home town, then I can address any issues. I hate doing roadside repairs with a wife and kids having to wait on me by the side of the road in the chase car. When I said the body looked ugly I wasn't meaning the car was horrible, I was speaking towards the color.
I don't mind if the vehicle needs minor body or interior work. I just don't want big *** holes in the floor and a gutted interior.

Oh and I have not said anything about the members integrity or character. I have contacted him and I hope to be able to discuss the Valiant further via PM or phone.

You might be better off with a small Corolla or Nissan. I drive a green '74 Valiant and while it requires slight tinkering from time to time, it runs hundreds of miles a week some weeks.

Perhaps the seller can deliver it to you if you give him 2-300 extra.

Those cars are not found around my area very often.
I haven't seen a diplomat or even a Omni in a very long time!

check dippy.org transactions, there posted there all the time. personally I would go with a newer FWD daily driver mopar, I own 2000+ style neons, I couldn't afford a RWD v8 mopar everyday

I agree about M bodies.

Diplomats and Gran Furies can be found under $1000 around here.

I scored a running, driving, very roadworthy 5th Ave for $450.

The holy grail IMO of the M body world, would be a loaded "boat tail" with t tops.

These cars usually have nearly bulletproof roller cam 318s, and lots of stuff is familliar if you're used to A and B body cars.

I'm selling some projects and auto parts to get more funds available. I will be contacting the member with the 70's Valiant when I get some things sld. If the car is gone then I will start searching again but in a higher price range. Thanks for the suggestions of other vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back