Checking out a hoarder Tuesday!

-
if you made an offer on all of it and tell them you will clean it up for them .you might be surprised how cheap you can get it.then you could get your stuff for O and make sum money.just a thut......Artie

Wow, one could probably take a year off and live well just selling this stuff one by one on eBay.

if you made an offer on all of it and tell them you will clean it up for them .you might be surprised how cheap you can get it.then you could get your stuff for O and make sum money.just a thut......Artie

I know, I simply dont have the space, or time for that undertaking. Now if he was a mopar hoarder instead of a gm hoarder......I WOULD MAKE TIME AND ROOM!!

Seriously if anyone wants anything send me an email, I dont want to keep making trips to his place, I have a trip planned for Saturday(3 hours round trip) and want to grab whatever I can to help any car guy out!
email [email protected]

Steve

I know, I simply dont have the space, or time for that undertaking. Now if he was a mopar hoarder instead of a gm hoarder......I WOULD MAKE TIME AND ROOM!!

Seriously if anyone wants anything send me an email, I dont want to keep making trips to his place, I have a trip planned for Saturday(3 hours round trip) and want to grab whatever I can to help any car guy out!
email [email protected]

Steve
maybe someone will see this and partner up with you that has room.it would be to much red tape to go threw for me to come up.O well good luck.........Artie and I know what your saying about the mopar parts.

motorcycles, there is I think 4 in all 3 1000's and a 750
That gs 1000s is a very rare bike only about 500 made. they were the Wes Cooley replica bike back in the day when he used to battle Eddie Lawson 79-80s.Very cool bike I would have if I was close by as it is in excellent shape!

That gs 1000s is a very rare bike only about 500 made. they were the Wes Cooley replica bike back in the day when he used to battle Eddie Lawson 79-80s.Very cool bike I would have if I was close by as it is in excellent shape!

Any idea what year it is? Im guessing 82-83, we looked on the neck, but couldnt see a mfg date, we could see the vin and it matched the engine, but couldnt see any date. I may just snag it up as I am looking for a bike anyway:banghead: Lori DO NOT READ THIS THREAD!!

How much for the a-body Hurst shifter and 340 intake in post #21pics in the pile of junk? :D

Any clue as to what they would want for the Suzuki GS1000s. That would be the first bike you showed. A quick look and I would say the bike is a 1979 version

Steve ,I don't know how much it is worth but as soon as I seen it I knew it was a rare bike I read a article quite a few years ago about them.They were from the super bike era when Eddie Lawson Wes Cooley and Fast Freddie spencer races super bike in the late 70s early 80's .As far as how much I don't know I'd do some searches on Ebay or google I would think you could get it for less than what they want. And you also have to decide if you really want a old bike altough it is very cool bike!

Don't know how much cash you have, but I would ask for a whole lot price. Even the toys brong a fair price on ebag. Throw out a number like 10k just for grins, and you may get a bite. We sold off my Uncles estate last year. We had a guy bring a trailor and haul off nearly everything. Some of it was good stuff, antiques, that we just didn't feel like dealing with. We had just finished doing Mom's estate a few months earlier. You may be in the middle of the same situation, and pick up everything for 5k, because the junk is in the way of selling the house. It may have zero value to te sellers. Ask what they would like to get out of the house. You might be able to find a rehaber willing to by it, and some of that money rub off on you as a finders fee. This may be an opportunity where you can't see the forest for the trees. Is there much land with that building? A house? What does he think all of it's worth? And if you ask that question...hold your tongue, and let him speak first. What would you say it's worth? If the price is cheap...I may be interested in it. If I bought it, you would get a finders fee, and/or some stuff you would like in the building. Your decision. Thanks

OK since I also have a Suzuki I went out and asked some of the guys on the GS-resource forums for their insight. As usual answer were quite opinionated but some were quite useful.
One person offered a grand running or not. Another said between 3 & 5 K is where the bike would be. So we have both the high and the low. One guy stated he had 2k in hand to buy.
We also had the info as: Have your friend to check VIN# on steering column; should start with GS1000-52xxx.
Is that the correct swingarm? It looks like a later 1100e arm, did those ever come on a Cooley?
If you swap out the chrome windshield screws for black screws.
It has the wrong seat on it.
The exhaust is also an area that isn't original. But that may be somewhere in the piles of stuff.
Most tend to agree that the bike is what is looks to be and is in the reasonable area on price. Big questions are does it come with a title? Is there any history on the bike?
Just like an old car there is a market for it but overall condition and does it run and have a title are the real issues to determine price. If you can get it between 1 & 2 k I would buy it as you will not loose money.

Thanks everyone for the advice!! The brother is handling selling the goodies and the house, he has hired people to clean up and sell what they can. I know for a fact the mortgage owing is $80k, and when the house is fixed up its worth $260k, but it needs a chunk of work($50k) It is on the market for $190 right now. Back to work ...thanks!!

Was that a tow truck light bar hanging on the wall? I'd be interested in that if it was all there and cheap.

I would be interested in the bell helmet with the Canadian flag on it in post #16

Its hard to say from the picture .Is it old school bulb or strope, or newer LED. Control unit if strope or LED? Then there's width. 36,42,48,54 inches? Mounts? Working of WILL work. Not trying to say its crap and give ya 5 bucks, but old school ones go pretty cheap. I won't be there but you will ,so you will have to evaluate it and ask yourself if it seems like a good deal. You could text me to call your cell while your there and discuss his asking price. BC time zone. Thanks for putting up with me!!!

Well made another run today, I was finally able to meet up with the guy again. Brought home a truck full. Mostly chebby/pontiac stuff...loads of trim rings, nice 68/69 dodge thumbwheel radio, and some real nice plymouth diecast. I will post pics friday.

-
Back