Chevy Corvette Driver Nails It, Loses It, Destroys It: Video

-
I think he has too much car for his skill level.

Then there is all the paperwork the trucker will have to do to be cleared of any wrong doing, for the actions of a moron.

Last edited:
This is an old story and happens. "leaving car show" didn't just become a saying. Neither is "Mustang leaving a car show"

Yeah. Poor trucker. He had to go through some bullshit over something that he had nothing to do with. Hopefully, the video helped him or her out.

To me it doesn't look like he "nails it", more like he speeds up to pass, saw the truck and over reacted or over corrected. The rear never came out.

wasnt @J par looking for a corvette?

looks like he found one

rofl.gif

Last edited:
I didn't see the truck stop. Looks like it kept going.

well... that's parts now. and not much of 'em at that.

hope the driver was okay, even if they were a jack ***.

Me thinks he was applying a bit of power as he was crossing over painted lane stripes...the rear tires alternately lose traction, spin a bit, then suddenly regain traction, not at the same time on each side. The automatic traction control might have been overwhelmed and "ka-pow" he goes sideways. I'll certainly be more gentle on the go pedal anytime lane paint is involved!

When I see things like this it just says to me there’s too much power for the skill level of the driver. Even if he has slammed the gas pedal to the floor before, you must have quicker than cat reflexes and experience in vehicles that can do this, “Quick loss of traction” at anytime anywhere in any state of mind. The proper reaction to the surprise action must be done quicker than lightning without thought to correct the issue.

I think he has too much car for his skill level.

Then there is all the paperwork the trucker will have to do to be cleared of any wrong doing, for the actions of a moron.

Yeah. Poor trucker. He had to go through some bullshit over something that he had nothing to do with. Hopefully, the video helped him or her out.

With the video and eye witnesses, shouldn't be a big deal. Trucker will need to hang on to the accident report.... for ever... Now if they drug tested the truck driver and he failed, he's screwed.

First though i had when i was hit head on...Was the driver dead. Then i heard her screaming and asking for people to hide her bag of weed. With the videos and witnesses, Officer said "There was nothing you could have done to avoid the accident".

20210618_142448.jpg

20210618_150108.jpg

Been driving semis since the late 80's. The stupidity of people maneuvering around trucks and the risks folks take are mind numbing. The stories and close calls are endless. With that being said, the quality and lack of professionalism in the trucking industry is in a downward spiral.

So the impatient moron illegally crosses the solid lines to maybe get ahead of another merging vehicle in slowed, heavy traffic. Instant karma perhaps.....hard to feel sorry for him. Fortunately one of the other motorists weren't hurt.

IDK what happened.
I've been slamming the go-pedal since 1969, and not-a-once has my car done that.
But I've seen it on videos where an axle snaps. The car instantly drives turns about 90* before the driver can lift, then goes the other way when he does lift. Pretty much what we see here.
IMO, He shouldda had BFG roller skates. They got no bite, and all they do is lite up when I mash it.
Well, over 50 years ago, I did have this nasty 70 Swinger 340 that had a propensity to change lanes unexpectedly, on those factory E70-14 Polygrap tires. If you learned to drive in one of those, I swear you can drive anything.

I had a rear diff lockup on a 70 F250 at 45 mph.

Rear end was heading around me before I had any idea what was happining.

All I could do was counter steer, and luckily it broke loose a split second before the pint of no return.

2 minutes earlier I was on the interstate in so cal doing 60.

Malfunctions do happen. This one did not look like a malfunction IMHO

just about one pint too many, leads to; barfing, monster hangovers, wet shorts in the morning, liver failure, brain damage, and occasionally to; where-did that-kid-come-from syndrome.

Nailed it over the divider section, probably covered in debris & small stones, it kicked out. Too slow to respond, was counter-steering but it was too little, too late.

I've never been a fan of the Corvette.
Never known any of their owners to be excellent drivers...theyre just able to barely control the power of their car, which is already light in the *** end. In other words.. aside from an all-out speed contest you could have a ******* nothing car and be out front if you're a good driver and NOT crash especially

-
Back