1500swinger

it's for sale not on sale
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Assembly line correct for dart swinger.

20230412_172026.jpg

20230412_172034.jpg

Last edited:
I was told 68 and 69 Barracuda are different than 70 swinger. The narrow part of the tip has a bend in it for the sharper rear valance angle. I have one here.pic to follow.

Last edited:
The bend is in the tailpipe on all a-bodies. Barracuda Tips OEM same as Dart. The last picture is repops they they are still available.

DSCN0660.JPG

DSCN0661.JPG

DSCN0662.JPG

images.jpg

More pronounced on Barracuda. I will produce pictures of oem Barracuda on monday. Bend is in the inlet pipe of the tip.

Last edited:
Parts catalog information, Group 11-09-37:

1968 Barracuda exhaust extension w/340 & 383: 2883835
1969 Barracuda shows the same number as 1968.
1970 Dart exhaust extension w/340 w/o Noise Red pg: 3466066

I can find no other applications that use either number, nor can I find any supersession information regarding the two.

Wow, take this information to a private conversation, back and forth comments and opinions are smothering this for sale thread, if the OP seller wants to start a new sale thread let me know, I will delete this sale thread if he elected to start a new one.

Tip on left is for 68 69 Barracuda. Tip on right is 70 swinger. Left Tip is for big block (and yes it's for sale..only have one). See the different angle on Barracuda inlet. 70 swinger Tip is one year only. Barrel part of tips is also different length.

20230417_140408.jpg

Wow, take this information to a private conversation, back and forth comments and opinions are smothering this for sale thread, if the OP seller wants to start a new sale thread let me know, I will delete this sale thread if he elected to start a new one.
I think the conversation is informative to members and potential buyers.

Tip on right is assembly line correct. Tip on left is later version sold over the counter by mopar. Notice the difference in the tapered section. Autopar is Canadian parts name. Seen on label left tip.

20230418_101634.jpg

Tip on left is for 68 69 Barracuda. Tip on right is 70 swinger. Left Tip is for big block (and yes it's for sale..only have one). See the different angle on Barracuda inlet. 70 swinger Tip is one year only. Barrel part of tips is also different length.

View attachment 1716079083
The tip on the left is for a 68-70 charger. I had those also

We have tips from all models. All the tips from 68 - 69 Barracuda and 70 dart including tail pipes look to be identical. I also had a set NOS for a Duster I sold to Mike on the site for his Duster.

As far as part numbers I don't know. But all Tail pipes for tips have the bend in the end tilting the tips upward on A-bodies. On the bumper cars the tips tilting upward put them closer to the bumper also as it does on the valance cars. I see many facing straight out which is not correct. But to each their own. Tilting them up allows the drain hole to function as it should when the car is on the level.

The old pictures are of some of the cars I had with the original correct tips and tailpipes and all tilted up as they were. I know they are not swinger but the tailpipes are the same with the tilt an the back. The orange car has Coronet R/T tips moved inboard with 2 1/2 tail pipes made with the bend. The hanger was removed and shortened to a-body height . Blue 72 Duster had a replacement tail pipe on the drivers side

Hopes this helps the seller with his sale . They will fit several cars correctly. And are very hard to find OEM with the correct indent in the top the repops do not have.

076.jpg

016.jpg

011.jpg

spoiler pics 660.jpg

dus1.jpg

Steve 051.JPG

060.jpg

014.jpg

DSCF0085[1].jpg

103.jpg

Would really be interested in seeing original Barracuda tips on the car. As for part numbers I know plymouth gave dodge the ralleye dash from Barracudas to the dodge darts and in return dodge gave the ralleye dash from chargers to plymouth for the road runner. Maybe plymouth gave the Barracuda tips to dodge at the same time. Since at the time they were separate divisions dodge gave the tips there own part number? However the over the counter tips only have the dart part number with no reference to the plymouth number.

I already know about duster, demon, dart sport tips. I've had lots. Longer, different hanger locations etc.

From my '69 Barracuda I've had since '80....................

1681928593304.png

Couple more if it helps........

1681992480508.png

1681992627624.png

Last edited:
Yep. Sames as all the tips that are here. For A-body cars with a rear valance including Dart. There was never a bend in the tip to face them upward. It was in the tail pipe
The charger tip confused me. That one does have different inlet angle. See pictures.

So they ARE different. Looking at glnos pics the taper is different as well as the angle of the round inlet section!

-
Back