CHROME EXHAUST TIPS APPLICATION

-
FWIW, both of mine appear to have a slight angle to them..............

View attachment 1716080504

View attachment 1716080505

View attachment 1716080507

Then there's this............
FWIW, both of mine appear to have a slight angle to them..............

View attachment 1716080504

View attachment 1716080505

View attachment 1716080507

Then there's this............
I was talking about the round inlet pipe angle compared to the rest of the tip. As in great lakes picture and picture of my charger tip.

Reminds me one of these days do something to get my reproduction tips on TTI tail pipe to tilt up for correct look....

Actually 3 years 68,69 Barracuda and 70 dart.

I have the one. It's for sale.

Are you sure you weren't using them as wheelie bars. LOL

So they ARE different. Looking at glnos pics the taper is different as well as the angle of the round inlet section!
Again, this for sale thread is out of control, can't keep up with who the seller is and way WAY to much information being dug up, get your information needed and let's try another thread, I had spent to much time reading about different sellers, there options and never had so much commentary in ONE for sale thread, surely you guys can understand why these rules are set, lats fallow the rules and be fare to all that do.
Take this to a private conversation, come up with a fit, price and shipping...

What do you All think ?
Start over ? or do I delete 3/4 of this thread ? I should have just deleted it, but I want everyone to understand.
Staff member just doing my job, and I have been particularly patient.

memike

Again, this for sale thread is out of control, can't keep up with who the seller is and way WAY to much information being dug up, get your information needed and let's try another thread, I had spent to much time reading about different sellers, there options and never had so much commentary in ONE for sale thread, surely you guys can understand why these rules are set, lats fallow the rules and be fare to all that do.
Take this to a private conversation, come up with a fit, price and shipping...

What do you All think ?
Start over ? or do I delete 3/4 of this thread ? I should have just deleted it, but I want everyone to understand.
Staff member just doing my job, and I have been particularly patient.

memike

Uh, the thread I'm reading right now (and hence replying to) is posted in Home/Forums/Mopar Technical Forums/Mopar Exhaust Systems... ?

Shoot !! I thought this was a for sale thread I asked to lower the commentary in yesterday about these tips, sorry, carry on men, its been a full night guys :lol:

I was unable to find any reproduction I'd consider "100% correct" for either application after closely looking at all the photos that flew around this discussion. The reproductions all look like they have way too much "barrel" and not enough oval, including Accurate's:

ep9b-scomp.jpg

The long barrel ones are for Duster, demon, and dart sport. Fastback with no valence under the bumper

Close but no cigar. For the longest time there wasn't even reproduction available. That's why oem are so much more money than repops.

So '68 '69 Barracuda and '70 Dart use same tail pipe but original Barracuda tips had an extra bend in them for more tilt up?

So '68 '69 Barracuda and '70 Dart use same tail pipe but original Barracuda tips had an extra bend in them for more tilt up?
I can't speak to the tail pipes ...unless they have the same part number I'd assume they're different also.

2925670 & 671 are the tailpipes listed for both 1969 Barracuda and 1970 Swinger, as well as 1971 Duster and Demon.

However, the 1968 Barracuda and Dart show numbers 2883887 and 888. According to the Chrysler parts system, 2883888 never superseded to the 1969 part number... oh yeah, and its final dealer list price was a whopping $8.97! I wonder when that was.

Curious.

Last edited:
2925670 & 671 are the tailpipes listed for both 1969 Barracuda and 1970 Swinger, as well as 1971 Duster and Demon.

However, the 1968 Barracuda and Dart show numbers 2883887 and 888. According to the Chrysler parts system, 2883888 never superseded to the 1969 part number... oh yeah, and its final dealer list price was a whopping $8.97! I wonder when that was.

Curious.
Didn't '69 have the different gas tank straps then '68 maybe thats why tail pipes were different?

-
Back