circle track cam

-
i agree with krooser, work on the chassis! lift arm spring rates and damper shock has alotta control on the hit to the tires coming off the corners!!! that LA360 ant gonna like same set up as a crate 604! free car up to carry more momentum threw the corner and motor wont be down in rpm digging, itll already be spun up! after trying all this id retard cam next...time is cheaper than parts!

i agree with krooser, work on the chassis! lift arm spring rates and damper shock has alotta control on the hit to the tires coming off the corners!!! that LA360 ant gonna like same set up as a crate 604! free car up to carry more momentum threw the corner and motor wont be down in rpm digging, itll already be spun up! after trying all this id retard cam next...time is cheaper than parts!

cam has already been retarded by 2 degrees at the timing chain. Thanks for everyone's advice. Ill just keep working on the old girl till we get it right.

Have you ever thought about running gas? Probably 40 - 50 ft lbs torque less, 1/2 fuel burn off to keep rear % up. I would bet your motor is 60- 70lbs heavier than a 604, it's 2 ft behind front wheel centerline, could put that amount right in front of rear axle. May be over 2450 total but would get you closer to a crate cars % for rear.
30 - 40 years ago I went from a aluminum flywheel and stock type pressure plate to a ram coupler, iirc 25lb weight difference, way snappier but a lot harder to control on the slick, I was faster with the heavy stuff because it was easier to hookup.
Guess I didn't give you any answers to you question but just throwing this out there, good luck!!!
Almost forgot, my magnum 5.9 eq headed b mod motor weighed 495- 500, a 602 weighs 435. I have never weighed a 604. La block is 8-10 lbs lighter than 5.9.

-
Back