Classic Car Transport Recommendations

-

shg340

Reaction score
Fellow Mopar Guy Needing to select a good auto transport firm to move my Duster 340 from KY to NE. Anyone have a reliable firm they have used who has experieince and a good reputation and track record of taking care of classic Mopars or other cars?

Prefer to use enlcosed tarnsport. Thanks Folks for any help or recommendations Mopar On!!!

NOT bill avrich of transport connections!!!!!

Click here, to see why:
http://www.whosmells.com/

If you need to know more, I'll tell you in a pm.

The guys that moved my grandpa's truck were good but it was open truck.

About 2 years ago I used Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) to ship a Sport Fury from Indiana to Fresno, CA. They ship a lot of cars. The cost was about $1200 and it took 45 days. I believe it was shipped in an open truck and there were no problems.

When you read anybody's shipping contract, it basically says that no matter what happens, it is not their fault. Just accept it.

Also, look at negative online reviews with a grain of salt. Only people that have problems give a review. Some company may have 10 bad reviews, but they ship a 100 times more cars than the next guy. It's a crap shoot.

I wouldn't trust a "firm" for love nor money. There is an individual over on The Hamb that transports cars and parts. He brought a Dodge Pilothouse truck cab to me from Nebraska. Very reasonable. His user name over there is BenD.

Let's assume my 50-year-old Plymouth could go 2000 miles without a breakdown (highly unlikely). By the time I bought an airplane ticket, paid for several nights in a hotel, fed the 383, and then considered my lost days, the $1200 still looks pretty good.

View attachment IMG_0241.jpg

Let's assume my 50-year-old Plymouth could go 2000 miles without a breakdown (highly unlikely). By the time I bought an airplane ticket, paid for several nights in a hotel, fed the 383, and then considered my lost days, the $1200 still looks pretty good.

View attachment 1714840160
Yea but you still have some great memories. I drove a 1968 Land Rover from West Virginia to North Dakota a few years ago. It took me three days but I sure enjoyed my time.

010_zps79f1af2c.jpg

TFX worked great for me going from Ontario to northern Michigan

Attachments

• 089.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 084.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 081.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 171
Our 66 barracuda isn't in the greatest of nick, but I'll be damned if I'll fork over $1200 to guy who says he's not responsible for the new telephone pole dent in the rear end !! Lol
see you signed here, I'm not responsible :D
I'd do it myself - $600 gas -- $100×5 nights hotel =$500 + 3 day one way u haul trailer 3×$55=$165
Grand total $1265. And 5 days of swimming in hotel pool and letting someone else make my bed :coffee2:

TFX worked great for me going from Ontario to northern Michigan
I'm to cynical! I would think that little signature picture at the bottom of your post is the truck driver after he unloaded the car halfway to the destination to see what it could do !!! :burnout: LOL

I'm to cynical! I would think that little signature picture at the bottom of your post is the truck driver after he unloaded the car halfway to the destination to see what it could do !!! :burnout: LOL

It's a Mopar, that's what they are made for :)

You might give these folks a call.

www.PoffTransportation.com a call

Phone number is five seven four- five seven five- zero zero two one

6pk2goDemon used them to bring a car to Arizona from
here in Indiana. They were great folks and are car
people also.

Attachments

• DSC00122 (Medium).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00158 (Medium).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00123 (Medium).jpg