cloyes: made in USA?

-
What is a 'Cast in China, machined in USA' count as, ie. cranksfafts....?
Yeah, legally they can state "Made In USA" on parts like that. Components, castings, raw materials can pretty much come from anywhere.

so i just received my cloyes hd roller timing set from summit, label on box says made in USA. open it up and the label on timing gear package says made in taiwan,WTF! it better hold up is all i can say

Cloyes website history states; "2016 Cloyes establishes an office in Shanghai, China"
I think that says it all

so i just received my cloyes hd roller timing set from summit, label on box says made in USA. open it up and the label on timing gear package says made in taiwan,WTF! it better hold up is all i can say

Dam , glad u mentioned this I was heading to summit tomorrow to buy one because they list one for an engine that has been line honed !!!
Oh well looks like I will be buying a JP chain now thanks for info.

My cloyes timing set had a chain with Reynold name on links. It was a pre 2016. More like 1990's true roller set. So it is still the US made.

I had a few engines line bored. Never needed a shorter chain. Many line honed also. Never any set other than a normal set. Kim

That's because whoever you had do the work knew what they were doing. If it's done right, there's never a reason for a shorted timing chain. Ever.

Rollmaster is Aussie made & the premium chain sets use the German made Iwis chain.

Rollmaster is Aussie made & the premium chain sets use the German made Iwis chain.

Yup. I have two of their slant 6 sets here at the house. Totally impressed with them.

I have used a few Chicago made timing sets from SA Gear with good luck. Melling, Engine Tech and others are available. Some may be made by the big guys and are private label deals.

BTW just to be accurate timing sets have sprockets not gears...kinda like oil galleries not "galleys" which is where you cook food on a ship.

I have used a few Chicago made timing sets from SA Gear with good luck. Melling, Engine Tech and others are available. Some may be made by the big guys and are private label deals.

BTW just to be accurate timing sets have sprockets not gears...kinda like oil galleries not "galleys" which is where you cook food on a ship.

SA GEAR - sales alot of companies timing sets and they re box with their name on them including [ Milodon ] !!!
SA gear uses US made gears and chain made in India for the billet set up which India is still better than supporting a Communist country [CHINA].

Unfortunately (Most) US companies have sold out for profit over quality and Company reputation so why not support companies who only use (NON-CHINEASE) manufactured items - The AUSSIES are what we used to be and QUALITY is #1 !!!!!
Stop supporting companies who obviously are only concerned with max profits if u want a quality timing set here u go and if u have trouble finding a purchase source let me know and I will give info for a GA based private small company who is a distributor
Under $100 shipped to US address .

20210525_191331.jpg

20210525_191348.jpg

-
Back