code enforcement

-
All my nieghbors have old tractors, and old cars kicking around. We have lesbian nieghbors too, no one gives a damn about either one. Gotta love Mt Nemo!!

We should all buy up a buttload of land and make it into a township. Our cops will give tickets for going under the speed limit. We'll have a dragstrip just on the outskirts along with a road course and circle track.

If anyone complains about car noise, we'll ticket them for being a public nuisance and egg their house. The town will buy all the fuel for residents in bulk and we'll have ID cards you have to swipe at a CO-OP to get fuel at the reduced rate.

There will also be plenty of places to recycle your used oil. Using it for chainsaw bar oil or heating will be optional. No dumping allowed. :)

We should all buy up a buttload of land and make it into a township. Our cops will give tickets for going under the speed limit. We'll have a dragstrip just on the outskirts along with a road course and circle track.

If anyone complains about car noise, we'll ticket them for being a public nuisance and egg their house. The town will buy all the fuel for residents in bulk and we'll have ID cards you have to swipe at a CO-OP to get fuel at the reduced rate.

There will also be plenty of places to recycle your used oil. Using it for chainsaw bar oil or heating will be optional. No dumping allowed. :)
I'm for it!

Now THERE'S an idea who's time has come!!

...we just dump our waste oil in the woods.

I do not consider myself any better then anyone else here, but this is foolish. I do not care how far in the country a person lives.

Two years at my old house ago I bought a 1975 Plymouth Valiant 4-door from an elderly man that ran and drove. I was going to use it as a parts car so it sat in my driveway for about two weeks and I got the letter in the mail saying I had to comply within 10 days or else...
The sad thing was I intentionally backed it up to our shed so you could not see the rear of the car. Yet somehow there it was a picture of my 'rear end' enclosed for proof.
I lived on a corner lot and the house took up most of the lot. Our driveway was about 10 feet wide and there was about 15-20 feet between our house and the neighbors house. The end of the driveway/shed is far enough back that you can't really even see either from the road.

I thought of leaving it there and waiting for the enforcement person (not the police around here) to come back and fill their @ss cheeks with pellets or BBs and claim I thought they were gonna steal it or were vandels or something... My other thought was taking a picture of my cheeks (or other genitals and put where the license plate goes with a note that saaid somthing like "If you can read this you're illegally trespassing"

It just frustrates me that these people just come tromping through my yard looking to 'get' me for absolutely nothing. I almost never have my classics at my house (unless I'm driving it). I keep them at my parents house or at my dads shop. I feel that they targeted me because it was an older vehicle. I mean a few days prior that very same vehicle was being used as a daily driver.

A couple days later our car club cut the roof off it and roller painted it blue and entered it in the local Universities homecoming parade and won first place ($150.00; which is what I paid for the car). We had a stuff buck deer head out the window, no hood on it, a gate for a drivers door, and a quart of oil sticking out of the valve cover. Of course we called it Tommy Boy.

Where are those pictures...

A note from behind the orange curtain in The Republik of Kalifornia.
I received a notice in the mail from the Air Quality Management Distrik saying that my '69 Valiant had passed a random roadside emissions testing van and was identified as a polluter. Now, with the exception of the two trips to LAX that I made to drop off my kid and pick her up on for her visit to her mom. I rarely if ever drive more than two exits on the freeway. (Wich is where I am guessing the stealth van was parked.) Mind you, I am still running the leaning tower of power that Ma' installed at the factory.
Now, they were kind enough to offer me 500 dollars credit towards repairing the old girl at one of their designated test and repair stations. Or, UP to 1000 dollars to participate in their very popular scrap program....

I have yet to reply

Don't even get me started on the ticket my fifteen year old daughter got for possession of tobacco.

Rev.

It's the job of the military to protect the state from her enemies.
When you use the military to enforce the laws of the state,
You make the people her enemies........

My family has quite a few vehicles here. in the garage sits my 68 dart and my dad's 85 dodge shortbox, both unregistered, the city has a law about unregistered vehicles but all it entails is keeping them covered so any projects at my house are covered with tarps or a car cover. The back yard has a 46 Fargo 3/4 ton, and the front yard has my brothers 79 Aspen R/T(unregistered/covered) my 98 ram, my dads 96 ram, his 04 ram, and my mom's 97 caravan, then my 84 ramcharger sitting on the street, all registered. And the city can't say squat because we are complying with the laws, basically it's registered or covered, or it's junk. I dare somebody to come by my house and take a picture of whats in my backyard or garage, I'll take the assault charge, because the trespassing charge will probably be ignored.

got home and saw a realtor sign in her front yard. see is mad cause they wont make me get rid of my cars. hope it sells and I get some kool people in there that likes cars.

Sounds like she wanted your cars gone before she put the house on the market. She wanted it to look good before anyone came and looked at the house.

I remember my dad having to deal with something similar to this back in the late eighties. He & my mom had just divorced so he moved into a small home in a new subdivision. The people that moved in next door hated his '46 Dodge half ton (an admitted work in progress) that sat in the driveway, as well as the endless parade of project vehicles that the kid accross the street was working on. My dad would also perform minor automotive repair jobs for other members of his church that had no automotive know-how or couldn't afford to take their vehicles to a shop. These clowns next door to him called code enforcement on one or both of them weekly for one "infraction" or another. Then one day the word "A$$HOLE" began to appear in giant letters in the form of burnt, brown grass on their beautifully manicured front lawn. Seems the kid accross the street had taken all of the crap from them that he was inclined to take! "Round-Up" or something like that was mentioned, accusations flew, nothing was ever proven, and shortly thereafter the house next door went up for sale. Thankfully, the guy that then bought the house was into boats and cars and everyone got along just smurfy...
:cheers:

Ray

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the way you think Daniel.

Hahahaha, Thanks!

I was just angered.

To me these classics are a serious part of Americas history. In fact we should try to make some type of law/ordinance stating that any vehicle pre 1976 is protected by law and is not to be disturbed, like an endangered species of sorts.

Why are we such cry@sses nowdays? Why can't people just deal with their neighbors? If you do not like what is in your neighbors yard, tough luck. Mind your own business, put up your own fence, or move. Why should I have to change my lifestyle to please YOU. So your property can be worth 5-50,000.00 more? PLEASE! :angry7: That sounds pretty arrogant/selfish to me.

Personally I think these codes are way out of hand. I understand and am all for keeping the environment clean, yada, yada. My problem is when houses are worth $150-400,000.00 average (depending on where you live) and it takes you 35 years to pay it off, and you can't have your own boat/RV/classic car in public view. In Denver when I live their you couldn't keep your boat/RV in your yard! WTF?!? That really, really bothered me. I loved it there, but I would have to live far outside of the metro area. Some neighborhoods require signatures to paint your house! sounds like communism to me. Yet people can display this nasty 'Art' & sculptures everywhere.

Maybe we can get clssic cars listed as art? No matter how ugly art is, it still gets appriciated.

I say if there are cars that aren't roadworthy make the owners check the fluids. As long as they are all dry (by now most are anyways) so it isn't hurting our enviroment I say let them sit and rot until we want to get rid of them!

if we could we'd dump it on our road infornt of our house to keep the dust down from all the ATVs the haul *** by. but in the winter it works as a good fire starter in the wood stove

you don't feel the need to actually recycle the oil? don't you care? dumping your oil in the woods is very IGNORANT...........

you don't feel the need to actually recycle the oil? don't you care? dumping your oil in the woods is very IGNORANT...........

I agree. It doesn't take a lot of oil to pollute the groundwater. Hell, around here the oil suppliers PAY for used oil. The dealer I work at gets 50 cents a gallon. 3000 gallons=$1500.

Where do I sign up?

In NJ all vehicles must be registered and insured. If a vehicle is not then it has to be either in an enclosed area such as a garage or a fenced in area on private property. But most area it's not strictly enforced unless the township enforces it.

Years ago I had a Duster that I had to get rid of because I let the registration and insurance laps and didn't have anywhere to store it. I had moved to a city and couldn't bring it with me. So I was left with no choice but to junk it. The Duster was all original six cylinder and MINT interior and only minor dents. This was a grandma's car. One of the only regretful things I ever did in my life. I went back to the salvage yard where it was towed a couple years ago in hopes that maybe it would still be there maybe in pieces but I had the intention of bring whatever was left home. But I had no luck. It was gone.

Sounds like she wanted your cars gone before she put the house on the market. She wanted it to look good before anyone came and looked at the house.

I think you right. code had to look hard and a little oil spot was all they could find. just trying to play tuff with me. he'll be back monday, just have to wait and see what happens.

-
Back