Complete fuel system

-
So on third thought…

Tanks inc efi tank with efi pump regulated (with return) down to 5-7 psi. Fuel filter back by tank. Steel braided or hard lined (-6) to front. Mount regulator close to carb as possible without being on fire wall or on top of exhaust manifold. Build fuel log to chosen carb.

Much more expensive. But hey.

So on third thought…

Tanks inc efi tank with efi pump regulated (with return) down to 5-7 psi. Fuel filter back by tank. Steel braided or hard lined (-6) to front. Mount regulator close to carb as possible without being on fire wall or on top of exhaust manifold. Build fuel log to chosen carb.

Much more expensive. But hey.
that's the route i went.

on the big D i used a blazer tank between the rails just behind the cab. with some creative fittings and hose i was able to run the stock filler up on body at the door. the tank came with all the stuff for the vent, but i needed a different/aftermarket inlet/spout, easy enough thru jegs. the fuel line kit was enough to get me to the engine bay where i mounted the filter and regulator for ease of serviceability.

to note: the kit only comes with enough fittings to get you from the pump to the regulator and out, so you're on your own at the carb.

i ordered up the same kit for the 68 Nacho, but have yet to install it. but i've installed three or four of their kits for both EFI or carb on A's & B's so i know that the install is going to be smooth and the parts will all work without drama.

I’m not so confident the pump can be changed without removing tank, but they say it can…. Either way, that’s the one. Might find it cheaper someplace but summit is usually the lowest??

After all fittings, pump and lines, you are getting up there in price.

Lines I’ll have to figure out (unless I can use the hard line I just bought last night) fittings too, but the pump and sending unit are included.

Lines I’ll have to figure out (unless I can use the hard line I just bought last night) fittings too, but the pump and sending unit are included.
i don't see why you couldn't use the hard line. i mean, it may not pick up in the stock location so you'll need to cut it wherever and then just use a soft/braided line to whip in with a fitting.

-
Back