computer info

-

godfatherofchry

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
If you have a camera eye on your computer can any one get on there to see ya if this make-sense.or am I watching to much TV.lol.......Artie

Are you asking can they hack your pc and see you through your web cam?? if that is the question I would say NO especially if you have a router, as that will have a firewall and very difficult to get through that AND you have to run some sort of a program to get the web cam active ie; skype, etc.

What are you doing in front of your computer that you are worried about people seeing??

Ink... there are some things that just should not be asked.... LOL.

I have never tried it, but it is probably easy if you have more than one computor on your network and they are setup to communicate with each other.

Years back when some company released a webcam that you could control (ie move it up down sideways) using a program on your computer there was a bug that allowed someone else to turn on and control the camera.

There used to be a cool virus that we played with years ago that allowed control.. could even open/close the CD tray lol..

Grant

for the paranoid, click on a flash video from xnxx, (oops, I mean youtube) right click inside playing video and click flash settings, then click camera...du du dum! the older flash player asked if it permission to use your hardware...soooo.?

I have a piece of electrical tape over mine. Just cause I want it there. lol

As long as you don't see the light on, if it has one, it's off. Period. there is no way around that. If the webcam is on, the light is on and vice versa. So if you don't see a light on, it's not on. There, the younger (tech savvy) generation has spoken. Thread done. :D

In all seriousness though, it is possible to have your webcam hacked so that people can see what you are doing. But this means that you have to literally be completely computer illiterate or stupid, and the fact that you came on here asking proves that you are neither. The best way to keep it from happening is to run your firewall, which I assume you are doing because otherwise windows just does not shut up about it, have a good anti virus program like AVG (free), or Avast (costs money), if you have a wireless intranet system in your house, make sure you have WPA on and a fairly secure password, don't download anything suspicious (obviously), and the best part, tape or cover over the lens when not in use if you really are paranoid about it. Really that's all you need to keep it from happening. Although why anyone would want to take pictures of you is something that I don't think anyone here would understand. :D jk.

Hope that helps.

. Although why anyone would want to take pictures of you is something that I don't think anyone here would understand. :D jk. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE said:
becuse i'm sexy?ooooooodamit I couldn't resit..LOL....Artie

for the paranoid, click on a flash video from xnxx, (oops, I mean youtube) right click inside playing video and click flash settings, then click camera...du du dum! the older flash player asked if it permission to use your hardware...soooo.?
Best site ever!

-
Back