Control arm issues

-

billyboyd

Reaction score
Bought the duster 2 years ago. It was supposed to be a parts car for the demon. Well that changed. Now sports a warm 440 and 727. Fun car but we have an issue. The passenger control arm mount looks to have been modified in the past. Nothing looks to be from an accident. Car was an ex drag car. Clean. But like I said the control arm. I'm wondering if someone can get me some measurements from their car so I can cut and reweld the mount. Picture is of the arm completely adjusted outward. Thanks guys. Trying to get it ready for a show in Wisconsin dell's this summer.

Didn't realize it never posted the pic sorry

Attachments

• 2016-03-14 12.42.34.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 209
The sleeve welded into your K frame often breaks loose and wallows out a slot. The front of the lower control arm shaft should still be close to original location. The control arm shaft and torsion bar are supposed to be on the same axis, if that helps. Forgot I had a picture. One with control arms mounted and the other you can plainly see where the sleeves are supposed to be. (By the tips of the strut rods of the other K-member)

vbpgimage.php

I can see where the mount on my frame has been cut and welded. I will get some more pics of it tonight.

Man that right side is screwed up. I can't tell so I'll ask... Do you see similar altering on the left ? I think I would be looking for K member.

I would also get up close and personal with the upper control arm mounts and make sure they're not rolled in or a bent knuckle.

Dug into it a little more. Found the k member to not be an issue. In fact the upper mount has been welded on. I will post a pic as soon as I can

-
Back