Cool cars no matter what brand

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Post em' up. Here's one to start. A 40 LaSalle coupe.
40 Lasalle.jpg

These have kinda grown on me through the years.

MATADOR.jpg

Our very own Fishypete and his neighbor have almost identical trucks just a couple years apart. This is Pete's neighbor. Pete has the boat. Cool truck
IMG_20160604_164724715.jpg

35106940716_d358aa4d5a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Another fave, '73 Porsche 911RS 2.7.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-2.7-Coupe-front-side-view-2.jpg

I remember these when they were $10K used cars for enthusiasts... now they're for millionaires only. Sad.

I went to the Spokane Festival of Speed last year. There was a 70 "Boss 302" there. I thought it was just a clone, recently found out that it is a legitimate Ford racer from "back in the day". Doesn't even have a VIN on it. Have some shots of it...just need to find them....owner of it has a relative that is a NASCAR owner...so needless to say it has one helluva power plant in it...

1968 Rebel convertible. If it looked any more like a Mopar, Plymouth would have made it! But they are rarer than Hens teeth, so I will never own one. I have never even SEEN one.

Dads 58 Apache Fleetside. He sold it to buy the 67 cuda.
If I could sell the 69 vert I would buy it back if seller is willing. Sexy.

downloadfile-128.jpeg

One of my favorites, 1974 Opel Manta. I owned one back in the early 80s. I modified the 1.8 L 4 cyl engine a bit to be 105 hp with a down-draft Webber carb.

Not bad power in a 2100 lb car with a 4 speed manual and the damned thing handled like it was on rails! It could out handle most Porsche’s of the day and was even banned from SCCA competition as being too much better than the rest could compete with in its class. I once dusted a Porsche 930S so badly that the owner traded his car in on a new Manta.

This one is yellow, mine was bright red.

04B30A41-6DFA-4BE5-8E0C-3C386418C7E1.jpeg

One of my favorites, 1974 Opel Manta. I owned one back in the early 80s. I modified the engine a bit to be 105 hp with a down-draft Webber carb. Not bad power in a 2100 lb car with a 4 speed manual and the damned thing handled like it was on rails! It could out handle most Porsche’s of the day and was even banned from SCCA competition as being too much better than the rest could compete with in its class. I once dusted a Porsche 930S so badly that the owner traded his car in on a new Manta.

This one is yellow, mine was bright red.

View attachment 1715281894
My buddy had a 1900 model? Looked like a Manta only cheaper. He got rid of the Solex and adapted a Holley 2 stage 2 barrel. It was a screamer. Ah yes. The days of the German Opels.

-
Back