Cool score at old Dodge Dealership

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw an add last week for Hershberger motors having a "yard sale" as they termed it. it used to be one of the top ten Direct Connection/ Mopar Performance dealers in the country. I met the original dealership owner and one of his sons. Great people to chat with and just lit up their faces when I tell them what cars I ran and what I'm putting together (71 440 Demon).
Anyway- they sold out back about 8 years or so ago, and leased the building. Then in 2009 THAT dealership went belly up. it's now just a tire shop that works on cars and sells flatbed trailers.
They were just selling odds and ends:eek:ffice equip, tv's, chairs, a newer caravan (used), a gmc pickup, and a nice 20 ft car trailer.
I ended up being allowed to go through the whole place and pick and choose what i was interested in. Heres what i got:
67,68,72,73,74 original parts manuals in the mopar binders
1964 plymouth valiant service manual
1969 plymouth service manual
1972 plymouth service manual
1975 plymouth service manual
2 really cool Prowler posters that have a 70 Cuda in one and a Superbird old cool coupe and a 70 Cuda conv in the other.
2- LOKAR 727 cable kits in the package
4- small block and 2 bigblock custom made carb spring brackets with springs
7 cans of turqouise, red, and blue engine paint

A huge lot of folders from #2 -#38 of the old Direct Connection bullitens from the "bibles". Which also included some really cool flow #'s of some "NEW" in 1978 Stage IV heads VS. 67 high perf 440 heads.

A large floor rug that says " Grab life by the horns"

And a sign that the 5 star dealers would have with 5 pentastars.

A NOS front bumper for a 76-78? Volare/Aspen

I'll post pics later this coming week.

The owner said that they believe that they still have some Direct Connection wearables. We exchanged numbers and we'll see from there.

What a great way to start the day! I would love to talk with these guys just to hear the way things were back in the day...:toothy7:

Thanks!! There are tons of double bulletins that I need to sort through- I'll post more later.

Neat! Better than going to Granny's attic! Hey if you ever want to part with 1964 plymouth valiant service manual let me know. I certainly would buy it!

-
Back