Coolant coming out of timing cover bolts?

-
Not what I meant at all. I live in an extremely hot and humid climate in the summer. Usually dry as hell in the winter to a degree. What may last for you may well dry out in no time for me.

At least I know where I stand now.

Not what I meant at all. I live in an extremely hot and humid climate in the summer. Usually dry as hell in the winter to a degree. What may last for you may well dry out in no time for me.

At least I know where I stand now.
<a href="http://s729.photobucket.com/user/geeorge1/media/IMG_0484.jpg.html" target="_blank">

This is the can in question , the only reason I know how old it is that I brought it from my old house to my current one around 10 years ago.

And it has survived 10 years of screwy Indiana weather

Used it on a 340 build around 3 months ago

I apologize to you and the forum for my language

No problem. That's the thing with the internet. No tone of voice. I can certainly see where you might have thought I was calling you a liar......I could have and should have worded it differently, because that's not what I meant at all.

I have problems with things down here drying out even when I put a piece of plastic wrap between the lid and container. Stuff just don't last once it's opened. That's why I don't buy big cans or bottles of stuff very often, unless I know I will use a large amount then.

No problem. That's the thing with the internet. No tone of voice. I can certainly see where you might have thought I was calling you a liar......I could have and should have worded it differently, because that's not what I meant at all.

I have problems with things down here drying out even when I put a piece of plastic wrap between the lid and container. Stuff just don't last once it's opened. That's why I don't buy big cans or bottles of stuff very often, unless I know I will use a large amount then.

this stuff hasn't even had the lid put on tightly , just enough to keep the dirt out.

Probably find nothing anywhere near as good as it when it runs out, normally banned because of toxic materials and then stuck with a weaker environmentally safe version:thumbup:

Yeah you caint find the good stuff anymore. Thanks EPA.

There's a big difference between plumber's pipe dope and automotive grade liquid Teflon sealant. You seem to be leaving that out.

Yep plumbers pipe dope is superior. It can be used on boilers and steam and is good to over 2000 psi. I want to see automotive grade do that.

There are many different products out there that can seal the threads from leaking. Find something that is available near you and that you are comfortable using.

There's more than one way to skin a cat... (not that we recommend/condone skinning cats...)

-
Back