cracked block

-

larry b

Reaction score
i have a 72 340 block im building .but also have a 71 block standard bore but it has a crack from the water drain to the nearest freeze plug hole. is there a way to repair this ?

i would hate to think this block is just a lost cause.

i have used epoxy with no problums use a die grinder put a V in it clean the area good if you have a catapiler dealer in your area they have sum good stuff.

I have seen epoxy used also. Can't hurt to hop on the web and search your local area for place that fixes cracked blocks. Just my 2 cents worth!

i have a 72 340 block im building .but also have a 71 block standard bore but it has a crack from the water drain to the nearest freeze plug hole. is there a way to repair this ?

i would hate to think this block is just a lost cause.
find a welder who knows his **** when it comes to cast. thats the best fix imo.
why take a chance?

I would for sure Magnaflux the area, as likely the crack is longer then what you are seeing.

If we were talking about a numbers block, or somethin worth while, I'd say have a guy who knows how to stitch it stop the crack and fix it. But it's just a plain 340... The repair will cost more than 1/2 of what the block costs... And it's still fixed. I wouldnt bother.

-
Back