Cranks but won't start. Unplug ground at field spade on Alternator and it starts?

-
Converted the new Carquest single point distributor to electronic ignition:

1) Pertronix Igniter I, the old school base product.
2) Distributor advance slots welded to shorten them to .33 inch. Ended up with 12 degrees at the crank mechanical advance. 20 initial and 32 total.
3) Found an old Mopar Performance advance spring kit in a box of parts I had in garage so put those in.
4) Auto parts store replacement coil. 1.5 ohms primary coil resistance, 8 kohm secondary resistance, and .8 ohm ballast resistor. Pertronix says primary resistance should be 1.5 - 4.5 ohms for Igniter I. Igniter II and III have different specs.

Timing is stable at idle and through RPMs:

Converted the new Carquest single point distributor to electronic ignition:

1) Pertronix Igniter I, the old school base product.
2) Distributor advance slots welded to shorten them to .33 inch. Ended up with 12 degrees at the crank mechanical advance. 20 initial and 32 total.
3) Found an old Mopar Performance advance spring kit in a box of parts I had in garage so put those in.
4) Auto parts store replacement coil. 1.5 ohms primary coil resistance, 8 kohm secondary resistance, and .8 ohm ballast resistor. Pertronix says primary resistance should be 1.5 - 4.5 ohms for Igniter I. Igniter II and III have different specs.

Timing is stable at idle and through RPMs:

Car sounds great
My unilte has never let me down 41 yrs was a conversion kit
that rotor looks so bad surprised it ran at all

-
Back