Crazy Drivers

-

lhearold

Reaction score
Well, my $25k investment now needs repair! Driving down the street at about 25MPH when this 19YO bimbo on a cell phone thinks she can make it across the intersection in front of me. Needless to say she didn't make it! I hit the right rear of her Suzuki and knocked it into another car that was witing at the interection for me to go by (like a normal driver). So I need a right front fender, hood, grille, bumper and brackets, and probably a core support (bowed in in the middle), plus who knows what else once it gets into the repair shop! This state sucks as far as accident investigation goes! Cop just took the info gave all the drivers a copy and said to go to the state RMV site to download a form and send it in. Didn't ticket the girl or nothing although he did tell her in front of all of us that it was definately her fault since she pulled out in front of me! Haggarty says "Lets wait and see what her insurance company is going to do." Thats BS too. Once I get it repaired I'm looking for a different insurance company!!!!!!

Pics:

IM000449.jpg

IM000450.jpg

IM000451.jpg

IM000452.jpg

IM000453.jpg

IM000454.jpg

IM000455.jpg

IM000456.jpg

IM000457.jpg

man that SUCKS thats a sweet looking car at least it wasnt toataled like another members duster people need to learn how to drive after seeing all the acidents i dont know if i want to take my car out and drive it i dont want to get into a wreck cause i will loose it and kill someone

I seriously thought about beating the bimbo to a pulp but it would have only made me look bad. I stood there and listened while the cop talked to her and she was trying to tell him it was my fault because I didn't stop and let her go across. Cop told her that it was her fault but I know that her insurance company is going to be a pain in the rear. Its Plymouth Rock and they are notorious for trying to blame someone else when their insured is at fault. There was a case here last year where a car hit a woman in the cross-walk and it was in our local court for 9 months while they tried every way they could to make the woman in the cross-walk look to be at fault. My friend was a witness for the woman and they even dug up dirt on him trying to discredit his testimony. Looks like its going to be a long haul and its only begun!!! Just glad it was relatively minor. I drove it home (only about a block away from where the accident happened). Seemed alright, even the TS and headlight still work but I'll have to get it on a frame machine to make sure its still straight. Don't want to take any chances.

Larry

that sucks. i have heard from others that hagerty was great to deal with, maybe they are changing there ways. keep us posted as to your dealings with them, my policy is up for renewal in a few months and if they hassle you i will look elsewhere. my statefarm agent told me that they could write collector car policies, at least here in washington.....

Man that sucks big time, for this reason they are looking at making it illegal to talk on a hand held phone while driving down here.
From the looks though, I think your frame should be OK, I did similar while being a bit silly with my right foot, I hit a concrete pole hard, I really destroyed the fender, folded the inner fender badly, and mangled the brackets. Cracked the windscreen too, I just slightly tweaked the frame so I got it pulled, and broke the shops chassis puller, (they don't make em like they used to LOL). But from looking at your car, and seeing you hit a suzuki (kinda like a nerf ball) I bet its only cosmetic.

Gonna chime in with everyone else...that sucks. A give you my sympathy on dealing with the friggin' cop not issuing a ticket. I got rear ended last week in my Ramcharger by an a**hole who tried to blame me for stopping in front of him...the cop blew it all off, didn't even give the guy a warning. So, now, if I experienced back or neck pain as a result who's insurance company foots the bill? Mine would have to, because there was no ticket involved to say the accident ever took place.
When I asked the cop what happens when you follow to close? His response was "you have an accident." So I asked again. Got the same response. Called the cop useless and got in the truck. The other guy just about fell to his knees 'cause he knew he just got away with one because the cop couldn't care less.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you and the car get compensated for.

...for this reason they are looking at making it illegal to talk on a hand held phone while driving down here.

Illegal to talk on a hand held phone while driving in California. Just wish there were more cops around to ticket all the people I see talking on them while driving. A bit nerve-wracking when I'm on my motorcycle.
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!

Sorry to see that. Hope you are ok and unhurt. Good luck with the rebuild. Hope the frames not bent at all.

that sucks. i have heard from others that hagerty was great to deal with, maybe they are changing there ways. keep us posted as to your dealings with them, my policy is up for renewal in a few months and if they hassle you i will look elsewhere. my statefarm agent told me that they could write collector car policies, at least here in washington.....

They didn't say they wouldn't take care of it but the way it works in Massachusetts, youe insurance company does the estimate, pays for the repairs (or car if its totalled), and any medical bills, etc., then they get payment from the insurance compaany of the person that was at fault. Haggarty didn't seem to understand that and assumed that the other person's insurance company would contact me, etc., to handle the damages. I explained to the rep how it was done up here and all I got was silence then a "well, ok". I'll have to wait and see. For a long time Haggarty did not insure up here but with the changes in the insurance regs they started. Had heard good things about them so I signed up. Now I will see if it was the right decision.

Just eyeballing it I figure about $2500 for parts plus the labor. Building the hood was about 20 hours in itself.

Now just have to wait for the insurance adjusters.....

Larry

-
Back