Crew cab or bust

-
This is how Dodge did it, still used the same door glass.
unnamed.jpg

Alan

That also looks halfway done...but at least you can tell it was factory

I guess the question on the model will be " do you want it to represent something in real life, or do you want it to look as good as it can?"
I couldn't tell you...im not even sure what I'm looking at, some sort of Chevy?

But to me, the picture you posted looks like it was an amateur job

So, if I were doing a model of one, and going through all that work, I would make it look the way I like it

It ain't factory, but it's cool.

This is how Dodge did it, still used the same door glass.
View attachment 1715659620

Alan
At the end of the day I'm the only one that's gotta like it or be happy with it I think it looks bad *** both ways . Idk if I will change it I doubt it but you never know as I've put it on the back burner for a few kits I thank you feller for your input

At the end of the day I'm the only one that's gotta like it or be happy with it I think it looks bad *** both ways . Idk if I will change it I doubt it but you never know as I've put it on the back burner for a few kits I thank you feller for your input

That's right boy. Piss on um. LMAO

I don't think they made those IRL.

gm was notoriously absent from the extended /crew cab market until 1973, despite fomoco and Mopar being in the crew market since the early 1960's.

Early crew cabs 40s thru the early 60s were typically custom one offs made out of new trucks by custom coach builders. Union Pacific used these a lot. I see em pop up from time to time. Ford and Chevy crew cabs. Interesting because they used modified front doors in the rear as well, and left the vent windows in place on the rear doors. Pretty neat that what your doing in styrene is exactly what UP would order back then. Crown Steel Products in Ohio, and Stageway Coaches in Arkansas made crew cabs to order out of standard cab trucks typically for the railroad industry.

International Harvester was making factory built crew cabs since the late 50s. Dodge entered the crew cab market in 1963, Ford in the late 60s, and Chevrolet in 1973 with the introduction of the "new" body style that would tend to rust out badly very quickly LoL.

Last edited:
I'd like to see pics of those railroad custom builds.

I'm pretty sure I've seen 65-ish ford crews.

Thanks for reminding us of ih. those were pretty hard core trucks.

Besides someone being at a Concert while still in there Momma's womb back in the 60s.......who's winning so far????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I dug it outta the "It pissed me off shelf" let's see how far I get this time be for I put it back up. I know this is going to be a long build because all the scratch built things I've got to to. Today I've started building the camper and fixing the roof ( why it pissed me off in the 1st place)

20220119_122652.jpg

20220119_124023.jpg

20220119_124220.jpg

20220119_125925.jpg

20220119_130020.jpg

No progress on the model today. I did take off the wood siding I didn't like it. But i spent the day cleaning and reorganizing my model 1/2 of the room after 10 kits things got really outta shape it was driving me crazy

20220122_183040.jpg

20220122_183033.jpg

Well I got the top bonbo in then got the frame rails started before . Someone wanted to cuddle with me. So now im Cuddling of course lol. Yes that's her pillow she's sitting on beside my seat lol she's my best buddy.

20220123_100513.jpg

20220123_101114.jpg

20220123_101156.jpg

20220123_101158.jpg

Another coat of putty. Then working on the camper . I'm about at a stopping point because I'm waiting on my styrene trim stock I ordered for the camper and I've lost one of the interior tubs in my move .

20220123_153720.jpg

20220123_154636.jpg

20220123_154640.jpg

I'm at a stopping point again I need supplies to continue I've put so much work in it I don't want to rush it and it turn out bad.

-
Back