crossover or x-pipe

-
I've always been told H pipe for torque and X pipe for hp.
I believe that H pipes help with bottom end torque quite a bit.
Every dual exhaust system I've ever had built car or truck gets an H pipe as close to the engine as possible.
Not to mention I love the way exhaust sounds with an H pipe, a little more mellowed out but at the same time it's a distinctive sound that you don't hear everyday like the sbc's

Every dual exhaust system I've ever had built car or truck gets an H pipe as close to the engine as possible.
Not to mention I love the way exhaust sounds with an H pipe, a little more mellowed out but at the same time it's a distinctive sound that you don't hear everyday like the sbc's

This brings up the one point no one seems to dispute. They do change the sound.

Hyup, with the H in there it was mellow all right. I liked it a lot.
But,I love more, the way it sounds now, after I took the H out.
The Banshee Scream at 7000 is unbelievably addictive. And with gear-splitting, if everything goes right, I can stick the tach on "7" and keep it about there for, from 5 to 7 seconds, cuz those Coopers just won't stick. But then it's on the brakes HARD!
I love that 7000 rpm DynoMax-imum scream,hyup!

An H pipe will reduce noise.
Back in the 60's the factory installed an H in some muscle cars to reduce the noise which allowed a less restrictive muffler to be used.
Installing an H or X pipe today will reduce noise and the weight of your wallet.
This argument will go on forever!

-
Back