Cuda Capers: 1-27-07

-
OldVart said:
John - PROGRESS!! :headbang:

Yeah....FINALLY! You have no idea how good I feel seeing cosmetic progress being made!

And yes, Amy's happy too. The sooner I finish this one I can start HER car: She wants a white VW Cabrio with pink scallops, 17" wheels, exhaust, stereo, yada-yada..... which should be a check-book project with no insane parts scrounging involved. Just gotta find a clean one and pretty it up.

FASTBACK340 said:
The bodyshop should be done with it by the end of March, which is just right for me to start assembly. Color....I've dreamed of color for 8 years. I can't wait. And as for the Conn. road trip, stop by NY. I'll show you what pizza & bagels are SUPPOSED to taste like... :cheers:

Hey now, I may need a pet Bear of my own. No go on that Dart parts car. Front end is pretty crappy.

EvilScamp said:
Lookin good John,it's progressing very nicely!
How soon until it's ready for some color?

My Duster is covered in primer and at a stand still until i can find a fender for it!
Maybe i'll take road trip to Conn.,I know there's a real nice Brown Scamp with the fender on i need!:evil2:

Dude, what fender do you need? I still have both front fenders off the Scamp and they are very clean.

70Duster440 said:
Swwwweeeeeet! Must be nice to have a bodyman who's actually doing something.

Yeah...my man Brett is a worker, NOT a jerker. I can't believe how fast it's all rolling along. It's going so quickly, that now I'm scrambling to get everything here to assemble it. As a matter of fact, I just heard from Tri-City on the bumpers: $295 ea. plus Pa. sales tax if I get them at Spring Carlisle and exchange mine. Looks like I'm coming out to Pa. this April !

FASTBACK340 said:
I just heard from Tri-City on the bumpers: $295 ea. plus Pa. sales tax if I get them at Spring Carlisle and exchange mine. Looks like I'm coming out to Pa. this April !

John let me know if you do me and my brother are going down and i'm planning on meeting up with Brett (416 Scamp )

I think you will be very pleased with Tri-City's work!

Guitar Jones said:
Dude, what fender do you need? I still have both front fenders off the Scamp and they are very clean.

What year is your Scamp?
I need the left front for my 71 Duster.

I just send a month's mortage payment to Year 1 this afternoon. Shiney stuff a-coming! I've never heard anything bad about dealing with them so I'm expecting a painless transaction. I sent for my side marker lights, headliner, a harness, and all the little clips, fasteners, headlight adjusters, starter relay, and rubber bumpers for under the hood. My engine harness was the only thing not in stock, and it has to be ordered. I send my bumpers to Tri-City this weekend. Then we shop for the exhaust and taillight assembly chroming, or replacement. Then we call Laysons for lenses, which hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm also just finishing up restoring my heater box. I removed the doors , freed up the hinges, and hit `em with a fresh coat of paint.... it looks GREAT! Scrubbed the box and pressure checked the heater core. I'll install fresh foam and we're good to go. I designed an adapter plate to mount the non-A/C heater box on the A/C firewall. If it all goes as planned, it'll look like it grew there. My fingers are crossed as I can't double check until next week. And I'm sure as hell NOT changing the firewall. Or installing A/C....

As previously mentioned, details to follow.

congrads John.. your just flyin along now eh?

hows it feel?.. Pretty good? :thumbup:

Im really jealous... :cussing:

Cerwin

Movin' right along - that's great! I've ordered from Year One before - no problems. In fact, I'm waiting on a delivery from them right now. The stuff isn't cheap. After spending a boat load of money with them, when the package arrives and you open it, it always feels like, "That's it? Seems like there should be more in here." (or it should be bigger or something - ha!)

Same story here. Always had good luck with Y1.....it's like others have said though....not cheap. In fact I always think of that John Mellencamp song everytime I order something from them........."Hurts So Good". LOL I figured since you were a musician and a Mopar nut you could relate. Good luck on your project, and keep us posted.

i just have installed about 4 mopar cars wiring harnesses, recently and all from Y1. all fit and look original. when there is a problem, they are pretty good about fixing it. you're right, not always the cheapest.

ValiantMike said:
Sounds like an expensive week. Can't wait to see the finished product. Mike

I just called them and made an additional $$$$ order.....Lord help me.

And yes, I can't wait to see the finished product either!

They are expensive, especially their freight. After a 4 1/2 year complete restoration of my 69 SBee I learned to shop around a little, try and buy at shows to save shipping and ask around on this and other Boards for cheaper sources. That being said, Y1 sometimes is the only source. Also, after your FSM and Parts Book (musts) the Y1 catalog is a pretty good parts source.

I have used them but it has been a few years back.head liner for a 66 barracuda and carpet.I would say they are the best!!. And it show's in there pricing.
You can bet the part's will be right and fit perfectly.Good choice :thumbup:

I received my first order from Year1 this week. It only took about 3 days between the phone call and one of the primates at work to throw the box across the shop floor to me (assholes...) The only problem is holding that $46 side marker light and saying to myself "and there's 3 more in the box...". Or waiting for the back-ordered $800 worth of wiring harnesses to arrive.

Yeah....lotsa cash, but nice stuff.

:wack: thats when you want to yank them across the counter and through them around :headbang: . I dont even buy my parts from the dealer I work at, I caught them trying to charge me $100 over cost on a part. now I buy from another dealer that only charges me there employee cost.
anyhow great to hear its getting closer.

dodge-n-it said:
:wack: thats when you want to yank them across the counter and through them around :headbang:

We only have 2 guys that are certifiable knuckle draggers in the parts deptartment. When I told him he just threw 2 weeks worth of HIS paychecks across the floor at me he kinda caught my drift.... This is the same guy whom throws light bulbs & oxygen sensors across the parts counter. This is his station in life: to be the exmple of what NOT to do or be.

Besides, if he broke anything of mine they're find him with his crushed, bloody head stuffed in a urinal in the locker room.....

Nothing much to report here... Progress was being made, but at a slower pace. The guy who's doing my car has been swamped with work (his lot was FULL today, plus inside the shop...) but he promises it won't be too long before it'll be done.

I can't wait.
Barracuda042-vi.jpg

The trunk lid is almost done, although it was nice to begin with...

Barracuda066-vi.jpg

The lower right edge of the body line is whacked right on the crease and under both tail lights are dents from where the rear bumper was drilled into the quarters at one time in my car's past. This was all cleverly hidden with a HUGE application of Bondo....

Barracuda068-vi.jpg

Here's the drivers side being pulled. The entire rear valance is seperated from the quarter panel. He's not sure if it'll be easier to just graft in the areas from the quarter panel skins I brought out to him. I left before he made a decision.

Barracuda067-vi.jpg

Next week I'll run out there and see where we're at. Updates to follow.

-
Back