Cuda Capers 3-27-10

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
This should really be a continuation of last weeks thread, but what the Hell....

This morning I trekked out to American Muffler on Merrick Road in Baldwin to have my sub-frame connectors welded in. Ricky did a great job and had it done in no time.
Cuda_Capers_32710014-vi.jpg

Here's Ricky welding one in. These guys are hardcore racers.... In another thread I'll post some pictures of the toys they had there.

Cuda_Capers_32710017-vi.jpg

He did a really nice job. Unfortunately I have no idea as to what it cost as my buddy Tom picked up the tab as a favor returned. Thank you!

Cuda_Capers_32710019-vi.jpg

I'll hit them with some POR-15 when I get a chance. Today we're visiting friends and tomorrow is our anniversary and I think it might be a bad idea to go in the garage...
Cuda_Capers_32710015-vi.jpg

I have to say I was skeptical on the "seat-of-the-pants" difference people talked about after installing frame connectors, but wow.... The car handles so much better. It also hooked much straighter when launched. I realize there's much better fitting frame connectors available today, but these work. Plus I didn't have to move my e-brake cable.

One more thing off the "To-Do" list.... more to follow.

After installing them and feeling how much tighter the car rides I'll be installing a set on every Mopar I own from here on. You can REALLY feel it.

All welded in :cheers: now body twist know I bet :cheers:
Short true story :happy10: A friend of everyone showed up in a 68/9 camero and had a dandy built engine in it and small set of slicks
He heated the tires up good in the burn out box and got up to the line and lifted the front leaving =P~ But on his way back there was only three tires on the ground and could barely drive it back on the return lane :toothy10:
no worries doing that when you have frame connectors in :cheers:
Congrat's on a very nice install John :cheers:

From past experience in a pony I owned, sub-frames really make a difference. Did the same silly drag launch and ended pretty much the same. After a few dollars spent and subs welded in, next drag launch almost made the passenger piddle in the seat while looking at the stoplight dead on. Great times!!! I will be adding them to my 65' Cuda even more-so after seeing this post. Thanks guys

I know subs stiffen your frame and help with handling but do they really help with traction.

Thanks for posting. I've been set on selling my car since the fall but when I see cars like yours I kinda rethink it. It looks great.

-
Back