Custom engine compartment pics????

-
Is your carburator pan homemade? I need one for my Aero lift-off hood.

I found one cheap, then had to do alot of modifying to it. Had to make it lower, modify the hole for the carb, make a section for the air filter to sit. Works great for the track with the hood scoop I have.

Attachments

• eng1.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 510
I really like what you have done so far, and what you are trying to do in general.

The only bars to frame rails I've seen are the bars that extend forward from roll cages. Is that what you have in mind? Don't know if they are still available, but XV Motorsports used to sell bars that went from the firewall to the tops of the shock towers to strengthen the shock towers http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=298&cid=40&cdesc=A-Body Products

Was following your posts about 2 years ago on T56 installation. How did that work out?

Beautiful job, younggun2.0! I have a few questions:
1) Is the "conduit" you made aluminum tubing, or is it something else?
2) Do you have pictures of how you arranged the interior electrics? Who makes the high voltage firewall feed-through for the coil wire?
3) I like the look of the radiator. Is it off-the-shelf, or custom?
Thanks

Beautiful job, younggun2.0! I have a few questions:
1) Is the "conduit" you made aluminum tubing, or is it something else?
2) Do you have pictures of how you arranged the interior electrics? Who makes the high voltage firewall feed-through for the coil wire?
3) I like the look of the radiator. Is it off-the-shelf, or custom?
Thanks

1. that is steel electrical conduit from the home depot.

2. fuse box up above driver kick panel

starter relay, voltage regulator, b+ bulk head and ground bulkhead on passenger side above kick panel.

msd box and coil on inside of firewall.

msd coil bulkhead

images.ashx

the radiator is a universal one from summit racing. paid 159.99 for it. i made the brackets to mount it. I also built the fan set up from scratch.

Thanks,, Younggun. Very nice work.

One day I keep saying :color: :coffee2: Wow, some very nice work being shown here 8) =P~

. Im thinking about having them start on the outside of the engine compartment then coming into the engine compartment ahead of the shocks and down to the frame rails....I think I've seen that somewhere?

A guy around the corner from me is building a 68" Dart, he did what you originally were talking about...

Attachments

• AtRosss12-13045_zpsc650626e.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 251
  • AtRosss12-13069_zpsafecafed.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 246
  • AtRosss12-13050_zps82a58b88.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 244
  • AtRosss12-13051_zpsfe98a890.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 274
Just a touch of custom

Attachments

• spoiler pics 641.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 333319.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 250
  • spoiler pics 320.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 212
  • spoiler pics 319.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 225
  • spoiler pics 662.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 235
Although my engine compartment is far from being finished, in these photos you can see the aluminum filler panel I made to replace the hood latch assembly. I fabbed a hood support out of aluminum rod after having removed the factory hood springs and attached switched LED lighting to the prop to aid with night time roadside malfunctions.

Attachments

• m.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 253
  • mm.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 220
-
Back