custom GM alt mount

-
From what I can see, it appears that the OP's bracket (post #22) attaches only at the 2 long bolts thru the water pump. I don't see a 3rd bolt to the head, like the factory brackets and all others shown here. I would expect the alternator mount to be springy in the sideways direction. At a certain rpm, it might start oscillating and perhaps eventually break the bolts from fatigue.

the KRC mount uses the same attachment points,and it is 3/4 thick aluminum plate. it does not move at all. we'll know for sure when she gets on the auto-x and run the piss out of it. and,the bolts are really no longer than stock since there are studs through the water pump to the stainless standoffs and then bolts holding the mount to the stainless standoffs.

From what I can see, it appears that the OP's bracket (post #22) attaches only at the 2 long bolts thru the water pump. I don't see a 3rd bolt to the head, like the factory brackets and all others shown here. I would expect the alternator mount to be springy in the sideways direction. At a certain rpm, it might start oscillating and perhaps eventually break the bolts from fatigue.

Who cares? It's a Chevrolet, you expect it to break...

looks like you are using a/c pulleys.. its atleast a a/c wp pulley.

usually the belts would go wp,alt,crank. then the ps belt would go crank to ps pump and thats it..

Its an original A/C car.

All these ideas are great. I am generally a purist but it would be nice to do away with all the other components and be able to use a gm alternator.

All these ideas are great. I am generally a purist but it would be nice to do away with all the other components and be able to use a gm alternator.

Around here (DFW Texas) probably about 99.5% of the people that would ever look under the hood wont have the slightest clue what kind of alternator is under there, much less where it is and or what it does !!!

-
Back