D Dart article in Mopar Magazine

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Mopar puts out a magazine that is sent to customers that install Mopar Parts. In the latest issue is a article about the D Dart, a interview with Alan Hvizdos and quotes from Al Lewis. tmm

Attachments

• 20150517_083036.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 20150517_082939.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 341
  • 20150517_082853.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 331
Nice!

BTW, I called Chrysler and told them what I think of their new RAM grill (not much).

Mopar puts out a magazine that is sent to customers that install Mopar Parts. In the latest issue is a article about the D Dart, a interview with Alan Hvizdos and quotes from Al Lewis (ddartdude) .tmm
Toolmanmike,
I, Alan Hvizdos, am DDartDude. I have been DDartDude since the beginning of AOL. Alan Lewis runs the D/Dart web site.
Alan Hvizdos

I think Keith Price did a great job on the article. It was going to be a two pager based mainly on the Trans Am car but ended up being 4 pages with the additions of the drag racing pages and my interview. I like the way they used Dominic Rinaldi's Big B'wanna as the background of the spread. It looks cool.

Since this is a dealership distributed magazine, hopefully, some of the old dealership employees will see the article and maybe pass on some information to Keith, the other Alan, or myself on these cars. It's getting harder to find info on these cars.
Alan

Toolmanmike,
I, Alan Hvizdos, am DDartDude. I have been DDartDude since the beginning of AOL. Alan Lewis runs the D/Dart web site.
Alan Hvizdos

Thanks for the correction Alan. All the names were familiar but I messed which one was which.
Sorry for the mix up. I corrected it in my original post. Is Al Lewis a member here too?

Thanks for the correction Alan. All the names were familiar but I messed which one was which.
Sorry for the mix up. I corrected it in my original post. Is Al Lewis a member here too?

I know about the Alan bit. Many people mix us up. I think I know of 2 other Alan's (same spelling) that have contacted us on the cars.

I don't think he is a member. I know that he lurks around. Especially if and when I tell him something is going on. He just updated the D/Dart website, at my request, with some dealer numbers that we have and need info on. Hopefully we'll be able to get a little info there. We're running out of people to contact on this stuff.

It's fun to see how much excitement is generated by 11 surviving cars. I hope you find out about more. I'm sure there are a few more cars stuffed in garages somewhere and the owners think they are just a old 66 Dart.

No, Al Lewis was Grandpa on The Musters. Don't you know anything?

D Dart

Any article on the 1966 Dodge 'D-Dart' is great.

A 'mystery' factory-prepped 'Stocker'.

Well done. You can go on and on about these A-Body Bandits, that were
designed to tackle the 'highly competitive' NHRA D/Stock Class in 1966.

To go after the 'impossible-to-beat' 1961 Corvette 283/270 HP 'Dual-Quads',
especially the 'Musser Brothers' out of Pennsylvania in 'NED 1.'

Also the light and 'tough'
> 1965 and 1966 ~ 289/271 HP 'HiPo' Mustangs

And the 'Poncho Beasts'
> 1960 Pontiac Catalina ~ 389/348 HP 'Tri-Power'

That my friend........ one friggin' tough day at the Office.

It's fun to see how much excitement is generated by 11 surviving cars. I hope you find out about more. I'm sure there are a few more cars stuffed in garages somewhere and the owners think they are just a old 66 Dart.

Is the Dana Vincent car listed among the 11? I haven't seen or talked to him in a long time, but he bought his out of San Francisco in the late 1980s.

Is the Dana Vincent car listed among the 11? I haven't seen or talked to him in a long time, but he bought his out of San Francisco in the late 1980s.

Jim,
I do have his on my list. Galen passed his list (6 cars) on to me when I registered my first D/Dart back in Oct, 1998. We're up to 11 and I might have a lead on another one or two.

Dana's car came from San Rafael Dodge in San Rafael, CA. It was shipped on May 16, 1966.
Alan

I've got copies of the documentation that Dana got with the car, including fender tag and broadcast sheet. I still remember the night he called me to say that he found a Dart that he wanted to buy...He knew nothing about the D/Dart, but had an interesting story that he was told (original dealer de-tuned it). That's when I suggested that he look at the VIN...

Hey Alan, @ddartdude Which car is this? I just found the photo on Facebook. I think I have seen the shot before.
ddart.jpg

Hey Alan, @ddartdude Which car is this? I just found the photo on Facebook. I think I have seen the shot before.View attachment 1715045155
That is the Sam Brown car. It was raced by Crutch Crider. There are photos in both the "Then" and "Now" sections of the D/Dart website as well as a story about the car. It is one of the 11 cars that are survivors.

-
Back