Dad and I went cruising this weekend.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
My dad and I went out to the local Sonic drive in for a shake Sunday night. Was alot of fun cruising in our hot rods. Finally got to run with him on the highway. the dart did better then i expected. we lined up at about a 50 mph roll. we both took off ( I left a bit early on him lol) i cheated and put about 2 cars on him from the start. by the time we tach'ed out in drive (about 130mph) he had caught me and put a door on me. I was pretty suprised at how well my lil 383 had performed. dads demon has a 451 under the hood and the car runs consistent 10.60's in full street trim.

The Sonic. They just closed ours down.

I bet! the food is pretty lousy and expensive. cost $13 for 2 med. shakes and 1 order of onion rings. ive had better store bought rings cooked in the oven. ANDDDDDDDD i had to scoot the roller girl off my car. she came up with our tran and leaned against my quarter panel with her coin dispenser sitting against my paint. i asked her politely to not lean against my car and she gave me the dirtiest look. other then that the cruising was fun. was pretty cool hanging with the old man and beating the cars a bit.

My dad and I went out to the local Sonic drive in for a shake Sunday night. Was alot of fun cruising in our hot rods. Finally got to run with him on the highway. the dart did better then i expected. we lined up at about a 50 mph roll. we both took off ( I left a bit early on him lol) i cheated and put about 2 cars on him from the start. by the time we tach'ed out in drive (about 130mph) he had caught me and put a door on me. I was pretty suprised at how well my lil 383 had performed. dads demon has a 451 under the hood and the car runs consistent 10.60's in full street trim.

Sounds like a good day.

We now have three in a town of just under 50K and there is many times that you can't find a place to park. To me their food is just about like every other place that is a burger joint. Our best as far as I am concerned is Braums.

We've hit our local Sonic several times this summer. Not for food so much, just usually shakes, and maybe onion rings.
Our Sonic has half priced shakes after 8pm, all summer long. Pretty cheap, like $4.50 for two medium shakes. Makes for a cheap date night, and its a good way to get the wife in the Dart for a little cruise.

Attachments

• IMG_20130714_181932.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 118
Amen to braums! Ron's is pretty darn good too. Hey young gun! Sounds like an awesome night aside from the waitress! Can't wait to cruise a bit with my ole man too

So who's faster , your dad or you?

dads got me beat! i built my 383 back when he had a 383 in his demon. i woulda trounced him with his old motor but he went and built the stroker motor. i think i can safely say that his car is easily one of the fastest TRUE street cars in our area. he drives it to the track, runs it with no changes what so ever and turns 10.60s on pump gas and drives it home. car has been doin that for 6 yrs now.

all that said he was very surprised at how hard my dart ran. he was barely pulling me. im thinking the dart is a mid-low 11 sec. car

-
Back