Damn Just when I thought I was OK

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I sold my 71 Road Runner a last may.Worked slowed way down and I have been laid off off and on all year.So I pay a few things off, Doctors bills and a loan.Had enough left over to buy a decent slant 6 Duster.Now today at work they tell us we are all losing our jobs Oct 31,13.So I guess I can no longer buy the medication that I need after Oct,31.Damn and Monster Mopar is a week away.I need $350.00 for title,plates,and taxes for the Duster.And money to go to Monster Mopar.So I am not sure if I will make it to Monster Mopar.And I may have to sell my 67 Formula S project.I just do not see ever having the money to finish it now.I think I am going to sell the 67 Formula and put a wall in the middle of the garage.Then put a pool table on that side.I have always had 2-4 Mopars at a time,since 1989 anyway.I just can not afford more than one Mopar anymore......

Just be thankful (and I know you are) you have stuff to sell. I know I am. Good luck.

As my father would say, "you were looking for a job when you found this one." Stay positive and be proactive! Good luck on the job hunt. This could be a blessing in disguise!

Just not many jobs out there.And I have been there 18 years, gonna be hard to find a job that pays worth a s**t I am afraid.

It could always be worse. At least they didn't just come in today and tell it was the last day. An almost 4 1/2 months notice is great. You apparently have a big garage with some land while many people have nothing to keep their cars in or a place to work.

Well.....if it's any consulation, Kitty was out of work 60 straight days. She's workin now making less than half what she was......BUT, she was drowned in stress on her other job and now feels GREAT. So, money aint always the most important thing. We haven't turned on the A/C one single time this year. ....cause I'm bound to make this work for Kitty. We're just adjustin. lol Its actually turned out to be a real good thing.

I know I am better of than some.But the wife and I still live pay check to pay check for the most part.We assemble things for Caterpillar tractors.I have wired generators,built dash assemblies,test dashes,dressed out engines,built steering modules,tested steering modules,inspection,auditor,lead person,and at this time I am in the Quality department.
We are having a 2 week lay off in July and a 1 week lay off in Aug.Yes I am grateful they gave us some notice.

Well, I am sure you would prefer a job close to home. However, if you find yourself in a pinch I live near the Bakken oil field and jobs are plentiful. Lots of people from all over the nation are here making hay while the Sun is shining. Keep it in mind. While oil jobs are plentiful, supporting jobs like welding and mechanics are too!

I know I am better of than some.But the wife and I still live pay check to pay check for the most part.We assemble things for Caterpillar tractors.I have wired generators,built dash assemblies,test dashes,dressed out engines,built steering modules,tested steering modules,inspection,auditor,lead person,and at this time I am in the Quality department.
We are having a 2 week lay off in July and a 1 week lay off in Aug.Yes I am grateful they gave us some notice.

got a super nice pool table offical size real wood cost 3200 new i ve had about 5 years might give some boot

Well.....if it's any consulation, Kitty was out of work 60 straight days. She's workin now making less than half what she was......BUT, she was drowned in stress on her other job and now feels GREAT. So, money aint always the most important thing. We haven't turned on the A/C one single time this year. ....cause I'm bound to make this work for Kitty. We're just adjustin. lol Its actually turned out to be a real good thing.

A reduction is stress can be priceless. Making it work is what it is all about my Friend.

Last post,priceless(INK's).. Best wishes, 383.....Any luck,you could hook up,with a local similar subcontract?. This knowledge, doesn't grow on trees.

badlilred.....What would you do with a 67 Formula?It would be out of place with all the Dusters you have?My Dad buys,sells,and restores pool tables so I am good there.I may take a working pinball machine or a old jukebox.I also would maybe take another A body that is complete,a driver would be nice.

My condolensces Jim....you wouldnt know it by the way I act on here sometimes, but Im 45 years old and had to move 2 provinces away from home to get a job in the field I went to college for. Left everything behind...temporarily mind you.
Now that I am working in my field(water treatment plant) I see how much $$ the oil guys/mechanics/welders are making and I wish I could turn the clock back. Welders here with there own truck invoice around $900 a day...

Oh by the way my layoff that led to me going back to school was from Toromont Industries(a-holes) Canadas largest Caterpillar dealer

Good luck n wish you the best!!

Are you working at the cat plant close to Decalb co. I had a few friends that worked there, Steve and David Lampson from Paw Paw Ill. That is a big place.
Sounds like you would fit right in at Eng's Ink where my son works building generator units for John Deere and for the rail roads all over the world.
Creed wires panels and gets to fly to do service work.
I hope things get better, I am looking forward to meeting you this year..

-
Back