Damn snow

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to a couple inches of snow.
I daily drive a 73 2door HT Dart and go when I'm called for appts and I don't want to drive my car on snowy roads.
I personally don't really care about driving in it except this is the first snow of the year and between all the new drivers from the high school, and women that like to tailgate while on the cellphone forgetting that it takes longer to stop on ice I'm a little freaked out about it.
Last year it snowed about 6 inches and you woulda thought that nobody ever saw, or drove in it before.
For about 4 days last year the roads were solid bright white ice and cars were going everywhere.
Mailboxes all along the sides of the roads were run over as well as stop signs and some peoples yards had tire marks all over them, especially on the outsides of corners.
Saw a 4x4 go through a red light spinning in circles, but only hit the curb across the street from me while I was driving my Nissan PU.
Four teens driving a Honda sedan flew by right in front of me and almost up to someones front porch in thier yard before it stopped. (All laughing of course)
That day I was doing about 15 miles an hour and a cop went to do a three point turn when I was about 100 feet from him.
He got crossways in the road and his car wouldn't move because he got his front tires of the edge of the pavement.
I told my Son "This is gonna be interesting" and finally got stopped about 6 feet before I hit him.
Did'nt care when I was driving a falling apart 500,000 miles truck that had already been hit in the right front fender and been rear ended twice.(The second time with my dirtbike in the back):wack:

Different story with this car.
Maybe I'll just stay home today.

Yep, some days it don't pay to be a target.
I grew up in Ohio so I know how to drive on snow and ice.
it's the fools that I worry about. :violent1:

Stay home and call it a day :glasses7:
I am not looking forward to our first big snow, all the kids don't go to school and the roads are full of them, Not pointing fingers here at this site just the bone head brats here in my area :eek:ops:
On the up side:cheers: our first good snow makes tracking the woods and pasture lands so much easier :colors::colors:

We have a big pot of chili and I make really good cornbread.
Think I'll call today Sunday number two.:cheers:

Stay home and call it a day :glasses7:
I am not looking forward to our first big snow, all the kids don't go to school and the roads are full of them, Not pointing fingers here at this site just the bone head brats here in my area :eek:ops:
On the up side:cheers: our first good snow makes tracking the woods and pasture lands so much easier :colors::colors:

We have a big pot of chili and I make really good cornbread.
Think I'll call today Sunday number two.:cheers:

I took my wife out for a good supper for her 50th birthday and she even enjoyed a strawberry dakery ( how ever you spell it ) she wanted to stay home today and work in the yard, Chilly sure sounds good :colors:
I am glad to hear you have another day away from the masses :cheers:

Trail, what part of AZ. do you live. I am in Yarnell and this morning is the 3rd day I woke up to the white stuff.

Ah, you are over by Peoples Valley.
Nice and open out there.
I used to go through there on my way to Wickenburg to go dirt bike riding.

Trail, what part of AZ. do you live. I am in Yarnell and this morning is the 3rd day I woke up to the white stuff.

It's melting really fast and the roads are already clear.
I guess the word/words of the day will probably be (washer fluid) since it's supposed to be overcast most of the day

No snow here, but a nice steady rain that will help our drought.

I don't appreciate that 4 letter language, LOL. I just can't believe someone so far down south has to use that S word this early in the season. Heck it is 63 here now so just keep the S word out there. Our day is coming but we DON"T want any S word or any 3 letter I word either.

I hear ya. We got our first snow this last Friday. Of course it was in the local mountains and not in the metropolitan areas. But the temperature did get down to a bone-chilling 48 at night. I had to actually put a comfortor over my blanket!!!! Saturday and Sunday I had to wear long sleeved t-shirts. Man, this early winter is brutal.

I don't appreciate that 4 letter language, LOL. I just can't believe someone so far down south has to use that S word this early in the season. Heck it is 63 here now so just keep the S word out there. Our day is coming but we DON"T want any S word or any 3 letter I word either.

All that bad language..... It hurts my virgin ears. :tongue2:

About three years ago my brother drove a 1969 Lincoln Mark4 out here from my parent's house in that nasty iccee(not 3 letters) storm you guys had out there that year.
They lived in Webbers Falls, and the car's heater didn't work.
He told me the entire car was frozen solid all the way to New Mexico.
No defrosters either, so he had to leave a window part way down to clear the fog from breathing.
He told me he stopped and got a cup of coffee in Oklahoma City but it was too cold to take his hand out of his pocket to hold it, and it ended up frozen solid.

Maybe we can send some warmth from the Great White North..........iit.s 60*F in Toronto today.

About three years ago my brother drove a 1969 Lincoln Mark4 out here from my parent's house in that nasty iccee(not 3 letters) storm you guys had out there that year.
They lived in Webbers Falls, and the car's heater didn't work.
He told me the entire car was frozen solid all the way to New Mexico.
No defrosters either, so he had to leave a window part way down to clear the fog from breathing.
He told me he stopped and got a cup of coffee in Oklahoma City but it was too cold to take his hand out of his pocket to hold it, and it ended up frozen solid.

I remember that winter well. As I grew up I was always told that if I didn't like Oklahoma weather wait 10 minutes. It isn't as fast at 10 minutes be we do get most weather conditions and some of them are extreme.

Got a little here this weekend. Not much though. Up heigher they got a lot more and the mountains are all white. To early for that stuff around here.

Move to Phx. And avoid the white stuff (no 4 letter words here :)) although summers are brutal but hey that's life. I just keepthinking that a trip outin my 4X4 sounds likefun. Rather be playing in the mud than workin but that's life I guess.

The back way to crown king would be fun today.

Maybe we can send some warmth from the Great White North..........iit.s 60*F in Toronto today.

Send it, as our high today is supposed to be 44:cheers:

I remember that winter well. As I grew up I was always told that if I didn't like Oklahoma weather wait 10 minutes. It isn't as fast at 10 minutes be we do get most weather conditions and some of them are extreme.

I flew out there to drive a motorhome back to AZ before that storm.
NASTY COLD and rainy when I was there.
The main saying here is that it can rain at your neighbor's house, but sunny and warm at home.
I'm just glad I got my heater rebuild all done a few weeks ago.
Also glad I replaced the sealing strips inside the floor vent doors.:prayer:
I hate having cold feet unless it's in the summer.

we got frozen rain with 3 inches on top and you talk about getting sideways. my poor little 225/3 speed manual duster was subjected to a healthy dose of 3 cinder blocks and 2 275/60/15s on steel wheels thrown in the trunk and it was still a wild ride. i had to call in 3 hours late to work waiting for the sun to come out. i cant believe the boneheads out there driving like its dry. rollovers and crashes left and right

Down here these people drive so bad it isn't funny and we don't even have snow and ice!
I'd hate to see if we did. Between the senior citizens and the young kids texting non stop it would be a disaster.

That would be kinda fun to do on a crappy weather day in an inclosed vehicle.
I usually do it on my XR500, and the back way from Prescott to CK is not bad either, but when it's 40 degrees out,,,,,Brrrrrr

Move to Phx. And avoid the white stuff (no 4 letter words here :)) although summers are brutal but hey that's life. I just keepthinking that a trip outin my 4X4 sounds likefun. Rather be playing in the mud than workin but that's life I guess.

The back way to crown king would be fun today.

Yeah my off road toy is a bone stock 06 ram. So it's more of a drive down a dirt road than a true 4 wheel trip. But still fun none the less.

-
Back