Dartin for Divorce

-
We have no clue what is in store for us in Missouri but we are super excited for the new beginning ahead of us.

I've done this several times, just up and go to another completely different place to live. It always turned out fine, and it was a fun process exploring the new location. Congrats on the graduation and the big move!

Congrats on the graduation!
Springfield, the "big, small town"! When it is called that, it is a compliment.
You are moving to a wonderful area, with salt of the earth people, and it will be all that you let it be and make it be.
It will take you a lifetime to explore it all!

Replaced my starter relay... thecar started up the best it ever has, only like 1 crank of the starter. the car still has the same problem though. Starts right up, but doesn't want to start again with the key after it warms up. It will start by bumping the relay though.

20210515_080849.jpg

20210515_080840.jpg

Put a volt meter on the trigger post of your relay and have your wife hit the key. It may be poor connection anywhere between the battery - bulkhead - fuse box - ignition switch connector - ignition switch - ignition switch connector - bulkhead - starter relay (including the bulkhead connector at the firewall); or a defective ignition switch. If you don't get the battery volt signal from the switch (at the relay), check the output of the switch (at the switch) when you hit Crank. If still nothing, make sure you have battery voltage going in. A poor connection somewhere between the battery & switch will often show voltage until you hit Crank; at which time the volts will drop to practically zero. Yea, yea, I know, a lot of work; but that's why most folks hate electrical issues.

Put a volt meter on the trigger post of your relay and have your wife hit the key. It may be poor connection anywhere between the battery - bulkhead - fuse box - ignition switch connector - ignition switch - ignition switch connector - bulkhead - starter relay (including the bulkhead connector at the firewall); or a defective ignition switch. If you don't get the battery volt signal from the switch (at the relay), check the output of the switch (at the switch) when you hit Crank. If still nothing, make sure you have battery voltage going in. A poor connection somewhere between the battery & switch will often show voltage until you hit Crank; at which time the volts will drop to practically zero. Yea, yea, I know, a lot of work; but that's why most folks hate electrical issues.

But why would connection only be bad after driving the car and it warming up. Once it's cooled off it starts up with the key just fine...

Could be a vibrational thing, where it settles in to a "connection" state through spring action of the metals. After you start it & shake it around a bit, the spring relaxes (or gets rattled) and doesn't want to make contact any more. Back in the 1980s Ford created their "Wiggle Test", which involved wiggling wires to find intermittent problems. Maybe disconnect the relay, put a volt meter on it (or test light), and have the kids start wiggling wires for you. Do it in a controlled manner, of course. When you meter goes berserk (or the light goes out), find out what was just messed with & go from there. A test light might allow you to do the test by yourself.

Is the chassis grounded to the engine? Heat can cause higher resistance in wiring or connections. Look at bulk head connection again, maybe give the connector pins some dielectric grease. Try and tighten the pins there too.

I'd be looking st the NSS. I've seen them act up in weird ways. Easy to diagnose and change out as needed.

I'd be looking st the NSS. I've seen them act up in weird ways. Easy to diagnose and change out as needed.

you can just bypass the NSS .....on Starter Relay Switch the Terminal G goes to the NSS....run a wire to ground ......bypassed

you can just bypass the NSS .....on Starter Relay Switch the Terminal G goes to the NSS....run a wire to ground ......bypassed

Oh yea, I know how to do that :rofl:

It didn't even start with the key tonight after it sitting for 4 hours... dont worry I brought my screwdriver and it started right up.. I parked right in front of the stadium and everyone walking by loved the car.

I'm officially a Dr (well a dentist) haha

20210515_164816.jpg

FB_IMG_1621139983140.jpg

Hey man, don't sell yourself short, Doc Holiday was a dentist and a good one, also a good gunfighter too!
You are headed to Mo. so don't say anything negative about Jesse and Frank James.

I havent driven the car, still starting issue. I've been to busy to drive the car anyways. Its all packed up and ready to move, I'm only taking needed parts. So ill need to get rid of the 727, it's to big and clunky, I'll buy another one later on if I really need one...

Now I just gotta get a house in Missouri!

20210525_161935.jpg

Fixed the purple beast. Best part is it was a free fix! Just a wire and couple of connectors.

We got our house all squared away in Missouri and moving truck rented for the 19th of June! These next couple weeks are going to go by way to fast!

Oh yea, I also got some more pecans the other day... these are the good pecans.

20210526_162133.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-191742_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210529_140629.jpg

I was in Vegas over the long weekend, I was going to hit you up to see if you wanted help but figured you might be busy with the move. Glad you figured out your
Fixed the purple beast. Best part is it was a free fix! Just a wire and couple of connectors.

We got our house all squared away in Missouri and moving truck rented for the 19th of June! These next couple weeks are going to go by way to fast!

Oh yea, I also got some more pecans the other day... these are the good pecans.

View attachment 1715745535

View attachment 1715745536

View attachment 1715745537
car!

I was in Vegas over the long weekend, I was going to hit you up to see if you wanted help but figured you might be busy with the move. Glad you figured out your

car!

Awe man! I wish you would have hit me up, I'd of been glad to hang out with a fellow mopar guy! I mean my car is "working" for now. Really we have just been packing, dumping junk, selling junk and getting making sure we dont forget to do anything important... like car parts... or Get to see @70aarcuda again before we leave. Then convince his neighbor to sell me his car for a blowjo... I mean money... :lol:

Well when the avalanche play the golden knights in the playoffs... you gotta go to the games! I'll be at Sunday as well. Unfortunately the better team lost but my wife was happy.

20210604_203939.jpg

Well when the avalanche play the golden knights in the playoffs... you gotta go to the games! I'll be at Sunday as well. Unfortunately the better team lost but my wife was happy.

View attachment 1715747149

Gonna be a good series. I’m a Blackhawks fan in blues country. But when you get into Springfield you’ll be happy to see any hockey fans lol.

Gonna be a good series. I’m a Blackhawks fan in blues country. But when you get into Springfield you’ll be happy to see any hockey fans lol.

I'll be at the game tonight as well! I had to make it to the games since it's rd 2 and how many chances will I get to do this. I also got tickets pretty cheap, compared to what they normally would be.

I'll be at the game tonight as well! I had to make it to the games since it's rd 2 and how many chances will I get to do this. I also got tickets pretty cheap, compared to what they normally would be.
Heck yeah man! Have fun. Avs are due for another. Been since Ray Bourque came over lol

Well yesterday I started the car... today I took a picture of it...

I'm selling my green jeep and will daily (?) the dart and my wife's car for a month or so before I buy another daily driver. I want a truck... a big truck... that way I can buy and haul all the old mopars I find sitting in old barns in SW Missouri... lol. Plus I have a 3 car garage in Missouri so I'm going to need another car to put in there...

Oh and today I became an official Licensed Dentist for the State of Missouri!!!

20210614_183015.jpg

-
Back