Dartin for Divorce

-
^^^ Remember things are cheaper in Mo!! You might have over paid!! lol
AHhhhh Mo. my old home for 37 years!!
Head to Lamberts for some real food and throwed rolls!!

Glad you & your family made the trip safely Doc, enjoy your new home & practice.

Dart looks good. House looks Awesome. Dog looks pissed. LOL Welcome home.

Head to Lamberts for some real food and throwed rolls!!

I agree, make sure you make it to Lamberts!

Only been to Lamberts once, have wanted to go back ever since. Daughter was like 5 years old and put her hand up (to ask a question or something) and got hit in the face with a roll. But she had a good time other than that. Makes me want to take a long road trip.

Congratulations on everything Doc, wow! Glad you all (and the Dart, of course) made it without incident. Nice diggs BTW and a "3 Car"!

Well it's official, I and the dart became official Missourians today! It's is all licensed, and for 2 years!

You are all correct, it's nice having a 3 car garage... to bad we only have 2 cars though.

I have been looking at trucks, but what the heck! They are so over priced right now. 50k for a basic truck, I could buy a bad *** daily driver b body for that kind of money!!! Except... there are no mopars for sale in Missouri lol

Edit- I'd love a diesel, but for the money could only get a 1/2 ton if/when I get one. I'd also like a Ram, but they are more expensive than GM right now, so I'll probably end up with a GMC...

20210702_193830.jpg

DD,
Why buy a new truck, especially if you're considering a diesel. Unless you're willing to have it be worth 10-15k less than you paid the moment you drive off the lot. I could be off since there's a so called limited inventory.
Consider a second generation Dodge Ram Diesel, 94-02, if you can locate one. They're going for anywhere from 13-19k, depending on how they're equipped and condition. I belong to a Dodge Diesel only forum, The Turbo Diesel Register, and just checked the classified section. Example: 2000, 2500, 2wd, 5spd, with only 158k miles, quad cab, 8' bed, well cared for, garaged and the asking is 17k.
These Cummins engines run forever, with regular maintenance and care there's plenty of these old gals out there with well over 500k on them running strong. I got mine in 5/01 with 75k on it, presently @ 258k and never had any engine problems. It's going to be with me till I am no more.
If you'd like I can pm the info on the one I mentioned. Or, not sure if as a non-member, you can peruse the site's classifieds and check out for yourself. Take a chance and look.
Just my opinion I've had a few other manufacturers trucks and like I said earlier, this one's going no where as long as I'm breathing.

I agree, it would be hard for me to ever buy a new pickup even if I had the means. Yea I have a 95 3500 Cummins bought new with 225,000 mi. a few small dings hood and bed could use repaint, $20,000 would not buy it from me!... and I don't even need a diesel any more!
New prices high? Just look at whats on the lots at new car stores????

DD,
Why buy a new truck, especially if you're considering a diesel. Unless you're willing to have it be worth 10-15k less than you paid the moment you drive off the lot. I could be off since there's a so called limited inventory.
Consider a second generation Dodge Ram Diesel, 94-02, if you can locate one. They're going for anywhere from 13-19k, depending on how they're equipped and condition. I belong to a Dodge Diesel only forum, The Turbo Diesel Register, and just checked the classified section. Example: 2000, 2500, 2wd, 5spd, with only 158k miles, quad cab, 8' bed, well cared for, garaged and the asking is 17k.
These Cummins engines run forever, with regular maintenance and care there's plenty of these old gals out there with well over 500k on them running strong. I got mine in 5/01 with 75k on it, presently @ 258k and never had any engine problems. It's going to be with me till I am no more.
If you'd like I can pm the info on the one I mentioned. Or, not sure if as a non-member, you can peruse the site's classifieds and check out for yourself. Take a chance and look.
Just my opinion I've had a few other manufacturers trucks and like I said earlier, this one's going no where as long as I'm breathing.

I'd rather buy used but I can't bring myself to get something with 100k miles or more. I have some time to look for a car and don't have to buy something right away.

I do love the older Cummins trucks, the 90s dodge was my favorite truck when I was younger.

I agree, it would be hard for me to ever buy a new pickup even if I had the means. Yea I have a 95 3500 Cummins bought new with 225,000 mi. a few small dings hood and bed could use repaint, $20,000 would not buy it from me!... and I don't even need a diesel any more!
New prices high? Just look at whats on the lots at new car stores????

Trucks have gone up about 10k in the last 6-8 months which is no good. Have the means, I don't have the means, but I'm going to have to get something at some point haha.

100,000 miles is nothing for those trucks. They go 400,000 + with regular preventative maintenance.

I only put about 10k on my truck a year. I bought it in 2013 with 95,000 and 8 years later I'm at 175,000. It's gasoline and the only major thing I've done is a timing belt (Toyota 4.7). It still runs like a new one.

[QUOTE="barbee6043, post: 1973517453, member: New prices high? Just look at whats on the lots at new car stores????[/QUOTE]
Friend of mine works at a Mopar dealer, stopped in today. He showed me a 2019 totally decked out big horn 3500 Ram dually, Cummins that just came in. Old guy that owned it passed, less than 5k miles, garaged. Wife turned it over to them, where he bought it, owed like 50k on it. They paid off loan, gave her 15k and sold it for....80k. This all happened in 2 days. I'm with you, couldn't buy mine for any price.

I have had 5-6 late 80's early 90s Dodge 1/2 to 1 t, from Cummiss to slants and in between . I have even pulled car trailers loaded with the slant. OK that is a stretch but very true! Those years have soul, maybe a few more raddles too!
Good used pickups are out there, older, newer in between, just have to look. Kinda like women, takes a lot of looking and don't be too quick to buy!!!???:elmer:

I bought this 10 years ago for 3 grand. Regular maintenance is all it's ever needed.....And it works like a dog. Not many left in the wrecking yards anymore though.

kubota hydraulics 001.jpg

DD, sorry for going sideways here a bit. But I think with just the passion shared about these old trucks in the last few posts got the point out. Basically, don't by new and there's some really awesome older ones out there, just got to research.
So, what's happening with the Dart?

DD, sorry for going sideways here a bit. But I think with just the passion shared about these old trucks in the last few posts got the point out. Basically, don't by new and there's some really awesome older ones out there, just got to research.
So, what's happening with the Dart?

The dart is being driven... a lot! I need to get it tuned for out here, it seems to be running a little rich and I know I'm leaving power on the table...

Yesterday took it to Lowes, then the fireworks stand, then to a Sunday gtg with some local people in Springfield. This place is mainly full of chevys and fords... I need to find the honey holes of Mopars to buy, and need to fly Tony out here to help me make my car faster haha.

My neighbor has the teal/brown chevy, the thing scoots pretty good. We were going 75 on the highway. I get a lot of thumbs up and people waving when I drive my car, really I haven't seen any old mopars since I got here. I've seen a lot of old chevys and ford's though.

20210704_090455.jpg

20210704_093914.jpg

20210704_144140.jpg

20210704_123119.jpg

20210704_135052.jpg

20210704_135231.jpg

20210704_135333.jpg

20210704_135701.jpg

The dart is being driven... a lot! I need to get it tuned for out here, it seems to be running a little rich and I know I'm leaving power on the table...

Yesterday took it to Lowes, then the fireworks stand, then to a Sunday gtg with some local people in Springfield. This place is mainly full of chevys and fords... I need to find the honey holes of Mopars to buy, and need to fly Tony out here to help me make my car faster haha.

My neighbor has the teal/brown chevy, the thing scoots pretty good. We were going 75 on the highway. I get a lot of thumbs up and people waving when I drive my car, really I haven't seen any old mopars since I got here. I've seen a lot of old chevys and ford's though.

View attachment 1715760671

View attachment 1715760672

View attachment 1715760673

View attachment 1715760674

View attachment 1715760675

View attachment 1715760676

View attachment 1715760677

View attachment 1715760678
Nice 66 or 67 Fairlane

100,000 miles is nothing for those trucks. They go 400,000 + with regular preventative maintenance.

I only put about 10k on my truck a year. I bought it in 2013 with 95,000 and 8 years later I'm at 175,000. It's gasoline and the only major thing I've done is a timing belt (Toyota 4.7). It still runs like a new one.

I'm to worried about getting a car with to many miles never know what kind of person had it before me and how they were about servicing it.

I'm to worried about getting a car with to many miles never know what kind of person had it before me and how they were about servicing it.
Stop in at a local dealership and talk to a salesman about what your looking for. I've had great luck buying 2 trucks for my business that where 4 years old at the time I bought them. Low mileage and not quite half the " new sticker" price . They were traded in by one of those guys that gets a new truck every 4 years... good luck.

Stop in at a local dealership and talk to a salesman about what your looking for. I've had great luck buying 2 trucks for my business that where 4 years old at the time I bought them. Low mileage and not quite half the " new sticker" price . They were traded in by one of those guys that gets a new truck every 4 years... good luck.

My neighbor up the street with the chevy truck, his son works for the Ford dealership for 26yrs. So I may ask him in a month or two.

Found a daily... kill 2 birds with 1 stone... because my wife says she wants an international scout...

Screenshot_20210706-194242_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-194245_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-194249_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-194305_Facebook.jpg

-
Back