David Vizard - Which to prioritize - PORT FLOW or PORT VELOCITY?

-
Pay your money and target what ever velocity you want.

P.s. when was the last time you looked at that pic of your intake manifold with the evidence of reversion?

On my engines? I never see reversion in them.

But of course I use slow, lazy ports and raw fuel to the cylinders so there is that.

Pay your money and target what ever velocity you want.

P.s. when was the last time you looked at that pic of your intake manifold with the evidence of reversion?
You really just like being a troll don't you? this is exactly what you wanted a bunch of people riled up at you. You have zero intentions at an honest conversation, I use to think you where interested in figuring all this out, but obviously not.

You really just like being a troll don't you? this is exactly what you wanted a bunch of people riled up at you. You have zero intentions at an honest conversation, I use to think you where interested in figuring all this out, but obviously not.

You error in your assessment.

He already knows it all. He doesn’t need to figure anything out.

The sad thing is he won’t even lift a finger to type out how we urchins can know as much as he does.

this is exactly what you wanted a bunch of people riled up at you.
That's funny some one else saw the gaping inconsistencies I pointed out.

what causes port velocity to drop off or possibly reverse
And
Hum I wonder how rod ratio and piston motion affect velocity
Maybe I should post the video of Kaase sticking his finger in an intake port in a running engine so you can see the reversion and how far it travels back up the port?

Pay your money and target what ever you want.

But of course I use slow, lazy ports and raw fuel to the cylinders so there is that.
Awsome!
I first saw that before youtube, on a real TV, but now everyone can see how well it works with a click of a button.
Are you using porcelain or wood tank? I like the seperate tanks but their hard to find now - especailly with all the new restrictions on flow.

Just like this thread has gone...

Awsome!
I first saw that before youtube, on a real TV, but now everyone can see how well it works with a click of a button.
Are you using porcelain or wood tank? I like the seperate tanks but their hard to find now - especailly with all the new restrictions on flow.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Awsome!

Been a long time since I've seen that show.

If you go by these formulas for a second (say there in the ballpark) and calculate what's too big for a 318 to make peak power at 5,000 rpms the trick flows come out to be slightly lower than the lowest acceptable velocity. But if you put a set of trick flow on a 318 even with an rv cam it's gonna make peak hp in a higher rpm than 5,000 rpms, probably moving them up to the lowest acceptable velocity.

Now obviously no one is recommending trick flows on a mild 318 but say there even technically fine I don't think people overly have to worry about lesser heads much. Now of course you can debate the validity of the formulas but unless your trying to run trick flows or bigger on a mild 318 I don't think you overly have to worry how accurate the formulas are.

Last edited:
-
Back