David Vizard - Which to prioritize - PORT FLOW or PORT VELOCITY?

-
No one arguing there accuracy, but there more useful than your nonsense.
Great let me know how they came to those numbers........Cant wait to look at their methodology and testing procedures and equipment used to verify those conclusions.

Great let me know how they came to those numbers........
That chart looks like if from the Pipe Max software, and pretty sure most of the equation are too.
Cant wait to look at their methodology and testing procedures and equipment used to verify those conclusions.
Go ahead, check it out see if its up to your standards.

Again I'm not making a case for these charts and equation, I'm not trying to prove them correct or not, wasn't the point of the thread.

Yes I know.

Ideally but obviously it ain't as sensitive as some make it out.

People bring velocity a lot especially warn about too little velocity never really hear warnings about too much though (which is a thing), but those that warn seem to have no idea what the right velocity or csa or port volume is but their sure you probably need smaller than your thinking of.

That chart looks like if from the Pipe Max software, and pretty sure most of the equation are too.

Go ahead, check it out see if its up to your standards.

Again I'm not making a case for these charts and equation, I'm not trying to prove them correct or not, wasn't the point of the thread.

The chart is from Pipemax.

Great so where's the scientific testing to back it up.
Heres a start on him

PipeMax Creator Larry Meaux on Race Engine Head Porting​

Meaux Racing Heads
Editor's note:
"Larry Meaux has been quietly porting heads and building championship winning race engines for more than three decades. A long list of winning customers is testament to his porting and engine design skills. He is passionate about race engine performance and leaves no stone unturned when investigating and testing new theories. In this interview he has devoted considerable time to answering our questions and sharing valuable knowledge that will help other racers and engine builders. Be sure to read the entire interview. It's long, but Larry shares some great porting tips that you can apply at home. In our opinion any engine you might contemplate should be modeled in his PipeMax program to determine optimum lengths and cross sections for intake and exhaust flow paths. Get a copy of PipeMax and join the forum on Larry's web site www.maxracesoftware.com for some eye opening information on race engine performance. Larry's years of experience have made him a valuable resource for engine builders seeking to optimize power and torque in racing engines. Now he's willing to share it with you."

PipeMax Creator Larry Meaux on Race Engine Head Porting - Hot Rod Engine Tech

Heres a start on him

PipeMax Creator Larry Meaux on Race Engine Head Porting​

View attachment 1716269562Editor's note:
"Larry Meaux has been quietly porting heads and building championship winning race engines for more than three decades. A long list of winning customers is testament to his porting and engine design skills. He is passionate about race engine performance and leaves no stone unturned when investigating and testing new theories. In this interview he has devoted considerable time to answering our questions and sharing valuable knowledge that will help other racers and engine builders. Be sure to read the entire interview. It's long, but Larry shares some great porting tips that you can apply at home. In our opinion any engine you might contemplate should be modeled in his PipeMax program to determine optimum lengths and cross sections for intake and exhaust flow paths. Get a copy of PipeMax and join the forum on Larry's web site www.maxracesoftware.com for some eye opening information on race engine performance. Larry's years of experience have made him a valuable resource for engine builders seeking to optimize power and torque in racing engines. Now he's willing to share it with you."

PipeMax Creator Larry Meaux on Race Engine Head Porting - Hot Rod Engine Tech

Read that interview very close. Really cool stuff in there.

Multi NHRA and other assorted championships.
I know who Larry is.

Can you tell me what size fuel droplet was found to best follow the intake tract air flow? Here's a hint its in the microns.

What sort of compression ratios is he running in his engine?

Hum I wonder how rod ratio and piston motion affect velocity
Now there's a great question!

It doesn't because my flow bench tells me air flow demand is constant and so is velocity (sarcasm)......

I know who Larry is.

Can you tell me what size fuel droplet was found to best follow the intake tract air flow? Here's a hint its in the microns.
Tell us about the amazing droplet size you were able to conjure up in you highly trick out engine? tell us how you engineered it to the nth degree? must be an amazing journey we all can learn from.

Tell us about the amazing research scientists do with very accurate equipment and carefully controlled variables and rigorous methodologies to verify their findings.
There fixed it for you. Maybe DV could tell you all about his scientific testing?

There fixed it for you. Maybe DV could tell you all about his scientific testing?
1. This thread was in opposition of what DV was saying.

2. Your the one on here being super judgmental, not DV, telling everyone that they need to up their game and build engines like the 1%'er that do highly develop R&D for the perfect combo. Which I'm pretty sure your not living up to the same expectation you judge everyone else by.

Maybe you should call him and tell him how fucked is he is. I’m sure he would appreciate it.
No one said he was fucked you did. All I'm pointing out is those numbers do not account for all the variables in a running engine. If you want to use them go right ahead.

-
Back