Deer: Natures A** holes!..... Beware RANT

-

retsud_043

Reaction score
I am geetin' pretty fu#&ing fed up with the Deer around my place.
I am NOT a tree hugger but merely would like my palce closed in.
I have planted around 600 towering poplar trees around my acreage as part of a shelter belt as well as for some privacy.
These piece of $hit deer, first off eat the lead branch(the trunk) so the tree bushes out instead of going up, and now the horny Bucks are scraping the bark off and snapping the branches too:angry7:.
I have contaced the DNR and they told me to encourage all my buddies to come shoot them this hunting season. I guess this bozo doesn't realize that deer move around.......
I don't have or want a dog as some might suggest. My wife was attacked by one when she was little and has around 200 stitches and a chunk taken out of her skull..........not an option.
I've pissed on all the trees that the Bucks scrape on and a guy I work with told me to hang some shiny aluminum pie tins on the trees to deter the deer.
I have already got my Buck for the year and i still have a Doe tag to fill.
FU*K I hate Deer (except to eat=P~)
And for all you animal rights activists:thebirdm:
Where is Uncle Ted (Nugent) when you need him??????
10.jpg
This was last years damage
DSC04419.jpg
This year they "F" it up again
DSC04422.jpg

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

DSC04426.jpg

DSC04427.jpg
If this would only work as a "scare Deer"
Lunch.jpg

10.jpg

DSC04419.jpg

DSC04422.jpg

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

DSC04426.jpg

DSC04427.jpg

Lunch.jpg

Nice rub! Sign of bucks for sure. Heres what I would do.

Create another rub on another tree that you dont care about. Hose it down with deer piss and then contact your hunter buddies. Whack a few and the rest will disappear.

Damn, first thing I was going to suggest was a dog. Sorry to hear about your wife, what a bummer. The owner of that dog should have spent some time in jail.

What about some motion sensing flood lights?

I live in a fairly high density sub division and they're everywhere, way more here than up at the cabin we have in the woods. You can't grow anything without them eating it. My wife started growing her tomatoes and what not up on the deck this year, they marched right up the full flight of steps and ate it all :banghead:

DSC00564.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

I have a creek behind my house in WY. I had to make wire baskets to go around even the pine trees and them bastards even eat the pine needles when it is real cold.

Found the Dogs work best.

Now that my trees are bigger then are good to trim them in the summer, but the boys and racks are the issues you and I have have. You need a dog and get wire fence 5' high and or those tree trunk wraps out of tuff plastic the nursery sells. buddy!

Sorry, I feel your pain!

My wife was told to use moth balls by an old timer so she scattered acouple boxes and it worked very well but you have to repeat after a real hard rain. I have also been told to plant garlic around your place. Check Mother Earth News for other things you can plant that works.

go to the barber shop and get all the cut hair off the floor maby go to a few and get a lot and scatter it all around the trees. i seen it in a movie but havent done it myself. in theory the sent from humans would keep them away good luck tho. maby we could have a fabo vacation up there and us all get some meat lol

Electric fence. Works for my mom in her garden so far.

That's the best way to keep them off of your trees as far as I can think of. I would imagine it would cost a little but your trees would be protected.

I don't know how much acreage you have but you could lease it out to a hunting club. Less deer and money in your pocket. Down here in the south it costs a average of $500 a person to join a hunting club. Up there where you are the deer are bigger so the cost would to me be much more.

I had em eatin my white pines and they had to jump a 4 foot fence to get to them. Here's what I did to get rid of them.
Outside my fence somewhere close by, I put a salt mineral block out with about 20 hard corn cob feed (deer feed) and put them out further.
Blood bait (for fishing) or blood from another deer around base of tree.

They never came inside the fence to eat my pines again.
The block was there all winter & the next summer. Melted into the clay and created a lick. Also, keep feeding the rest of the cobs in the bag (bought from local feed mill) untill they were gone bout 5 - 10 every week.

I haven't put a block out in 4 years now and they only lick that spot and never come into the yard any more!

Oh Yeah!
X2 on the barber hair, It totally works better than blood bait!! Plus the coons won't show up!!
Good Luck!!

I have the same problem with deer. I have had to sweep deer crap off of my front steps before. I don't mind and I actually feed them during the long winters here.

My boss has elk and moose getting in your hay shed all winter eating the alfalfa meant for hia cattle. He has pelted elk in the butt with bird shot at 30 yards and they don't even flinch they just stand there looking at him. He also says a dog works best.

Where were you guys raised? So simple to solve. Tag Smag. Get you a .17 cal rifle and pop the cap on the deer that's eating up your property. Be sure and shoot em in the head and down they'll go. You do eat deer dont you? Will also save on the grocery bill. Ah, but you say the neighbors will pitch a fit. Have your gun sitted in and wait till dark and after everyone (neighbors) is in the house watching TV, have the wife hold the light and shoot one in the eye or behind the ear. Wait an hour and drag that sucker in the garage and make meat out of it. About 4 nights like that and the problem will be solved or close to it.
Small Block

I would be willing to come up and help you out with your deer problem.
Sure I'll even put you up in the guest room
Damn, first thing I was going to suggest was a dog. Sorry to hear about your wife, what a bummer. The owner of that dog should have spent some time in jail.
What about some motion sensing flood lights?
Joe, The owner of the dog was her Dad, and she said after the vet checked out the dog for rabies,he unloaded 2 boxes of .30-06 shells into it.
Michelle says I forgot about the 30 stitches needed to re-construct her ear(they did a damn good job)
I am going to try a radio where they are doing the most damage.

Pet wolves or mountain lion.
I would settle for a jar of piss from either of thoes bad boys:toothy10:

go to the barber shop and get all the cut hair off the floor maby go to a few and get a lot and scatter it all around the trees. i seen it in a movie but havent done it myself. in theory the sent from humans would keep them away good luck tho. maby we could have a fabo vacation up there and us all get some meat lol
I've tried the hair trick in a nylon stocking...the barber tell me that 35 years ago this would have worked for sure.....but people are just too clean today,not enough grease and dandruff to work
I would be up for a FABO White tail hunting camp set up at my place.
That's the best way to keep them off of your trees as far as I can think of. I would imagine it would cost a little but your trees would be protected.

I don't know how much acreage you have but you could lease it out to a hunting club. Less deer and money in your pocket. Down here in the south it costs a average of $500 a person to join a hunting club. Up there where you are the deer are bigger so the cost would to me be much more.
I only have 8.6 acres but I have a ravine beside me and tons of brush behind my place. I went for a walk last evening and saw lots of activity. I may have to look into the outfitting business:-k LOL

I had em eatin my white pines and they had to jump a 4 foot fence to get to them. Here's what I did to get rid of them.
Outside my fence somewhere close by, I put a salt mineral block out with about 20 hard corn cob feed (deer feed) and put them out further.
Blood bait (for fishing) or blood from another deer around base of tree.
They never came inside the fence to eat my pines again.
The block was there all winter & the next summer. Melted into the clay and created a lick. Also, keep feeding the rest of the cobs in the bag (bought from local feed mill) untill they were gone bout 5 - 10 every week..
I haven't put a block out in 4 years now and they only lick that spot and never come into the yard any more!

Oh Yeah!
X2 on the barber hair, It totally works better than blood bait!! Plus the coons won't show up!!
Good Luck!!
I might have to try the salt block method...I've been told crab apples are good feed also.

Thanks all for the great ideas to get rid of these pests.:sad1:

Where were you guys raised? So simple to solve. Tag Smag. Get you a .17 cal rifle and pop the cap on the deer that's eating up your property. Be sure and shoot em in the head and down they'll go. You do eat deer dont you? Will also save on the grocery bill. Ah, but you say the neighbors will pitch a fit. Have your gun sitted in and wait till dark and after everyone (neighbors) is in the house watching TV, have the wife hold the light and shoot one in the eye or behind the ear. Wait an hour and drag that sucker in the garage and make meat out of it. About 4 nights like that and the problem will be solved or close to it.
Small Block

Hey smallblock a .22 mag does the trick also. :snakeman:

Small Block

Ummm around here that would put my *** jail (if I were to get caught).
I know of guys doing that and losing thier hunting privlages for life.

I do agree Small Block, that would slow them down for a while.

Hey Fella's...bring your .17 Cal and .22-250's when you come up here.
There is a Bounty on Coyotes........$20 for 4 paws and you can keep the pelt!
I hate them Bastards too. They **** in my back shop.

Im no tree hugger but you cant really blame the deer. they are doing what they do. They dont know you paid a lot of money for those trees and we keep cutting down there habitat.

Shoot it and eat it.

Hey 43. I forgot to tell ya the key to it all. When you do it dont put up a bill board saying "I killed a deer last night" . There's this word we use here in the Ozarks. STEALTH. Good luck with em. Now i'm off to stuff anothe 160 lbs of deer summer sausage.

-
Back