Deer Season starts.....

-
Man, I can smell some of that cookin'...........

Some fresh boneless cuts, sliced up small like stir fry style, slapped into a hot fryin' pan with fresh butter and some garlic salt.......fryed fast and hot so it's medium rare, and served up with some fresh scrambled eggs and coffee....!!!!

That's GOOOOOOOOD eatin'! Bon apetit' !! Looks like a nice score. 8)
Dang Tom =P~ Sounds like the way my uncles cooked them up :cheers:
Make some gravy with that please :-D
So glad to hear you got some fresh meat from mother nature Vic :cheers:
Save the rattlers will ya please (antlers) 8)

The first 63 lbs came out tonite and we had about 6 folks on hand for a test run. Needless to say it was all a thumbs up. Hell, i even liked it. We have 36 lbs going on tomorrow nite and another 35 lbs the night after. The boy killed his first deer this evening. He's 27 and now he's ready for more after tasting the summer sausage. He went to wally world and bought his farm tags.
Small Block

The first 63 lbs came out tonite and we had about 6 folks on hand for a test run. Needless to say it was all a thumbs up. Hell, i even liked it. We have 36 lbs going on tomorrow nite and another 35 lbs the night after. The boy killed his first deer this evening. He's 27 and now he's ready for more after tasting the summer sausage. He went to wally world and bought his farm tags.
Small Block
That is so cool Bill :cheers: He got him a Deer with dad :happy10: Give him a big congrat's from me please :cheers:

It's even a funny story Mike. He had my .270 and of course we carry guns with out one in the chamber for safety sake. He pulls down on the deer and "CLICK". No shell in the barrel. I hand him my .17. Pulls the trigger and it's "Lights out". Down for the count. Total weight was 94 lbs. Button buck. When that .17 hits em in the head it's "Curtains". There will be more tomorrow. It's raining so we cant work so we'll have to hunt. Life is tough.
Small Block

CLICK 8) That had to be a site Bill :cheers: Yall have a good one tomorrow and enjoy your time with your son, Time to put memike to bed bud :happy10:

The plot thickin's! The brother got one in the same spot! I think we found a honey hole!

Brandons first 10 pointer.jpg

Well guys.. She wasn't no monster buck but here's my 110 pound doe I shot Sunday afternoon. I mean. Its pretty much just meat to me and my hubby. I'm not gonna lie and say a big, nasty, buck wouldn't be sweet to shoot... but she got there first, and I still have bow season to shoot more..

Me on my way to the woods Sunday afternoon.. :)
1114091418.jpg

Pic of my shooting lane.. On the edge of the woods watching a thicket on the other side of a pasture. Best place on our property.. :)
1114091648.jpg

My doe...
IMG_2973.jpg

Me and my doe... I look freakin' fat. I had like 12 layers on.. lol..
IMG_2978.jpg

My Boston, Gus, trying to get my doe when were about to hang her up.. lol
IMG_2983.jpg

Way to go Dartgirl66, meat in the freezer!! Nocely done and a nice gun too by the way. I dig your dog too, very cool!

Thanks! :) Gus is my lil man. Lol. He comes across as prissy, but when I get him outdoors around fishing and hunting and ridin' the horses, he loves it. He always makes me smile. And my gun is just a baby 30-30. Lol. I have a Browning .308 but I'm more comfortable with that 30-30... :)

Thanks! :) Gus is my lil man. Lol. He comes across as prissy, but when I get him outdoors around fishing and hunting and ridin' the horses, he loves it. He always makes me smile. And my gun is just a baby 30-30. Lol. I have a Browning .308 but I'm more comfortable with that 30-30... :)
I know what you mean. I have an old marlin angle eject 30 30 with a 2 power scope and its killed more deer than my 30 06

I'm about ready for it to be over. We've processed 9 deer and it's beginning to get old. Today we ground 160lbs of summer sausage meat and spiced it. Placed it in the frig and tomorrow we will stuff the casings then start cooking and smoking it. Last night we sliced 100 lbs of jerky meat and seasoned it and today we started putting it on the dehydrators. We have 5 of em going full blast around the clock. I've still got to go out tonite at 10 and remove the jerky and load em up again. In all honesty it's fun and i do like the comments from people that appreciate good food.
Small Block

Yeah we're up to 7 now. Mine was the 2nd one killed. And since I was grossed out and butchered mine when I was learning to field dress it. I've found something exciting about it.. Lol. I've skinned and gutted all other 5 of them. One of them was our friends last nite. They called us freakin out cause they shot one and didn't know what to do with it. They didn't have a knife, and even if they did, they hadn't the slightest on what to do with it. So they brought it over and we cleaned it for them. We send all of our meat to the mennonites in Ellsinore. They do a really good job. They'll skin your deer and process all of your meat regardless of how big the deer, for $50. Not bad..

Well, since everyone's updating I'll give the count: so far deer 3, us 0. I had a spike come in on me about 1/2 an hour into the first day, but the only thing he'd give me was his nose to shoot at. Some guys made have made a guestimate as to where his neck was, but I wanted a kill shot. Pop got a shot off on a monster 10-point, but knew he didn't have a very good shot, but one worth taking. Bro-in-law got a shot off on a doe yesterday, but jerked right and missed her. Before the end of the season they'll be down, though.:toothy10:

Yeah we're up to 7 now. Mine was the 2nd one killed. And since I was grossed out and butchered mine when I was learning to field dress it. I've found something exciting about it.. Lol. I've skinned and gutted all other 5 of them. One of them was our friends last nite. They called us freakin out cause they shot one and didn't know what to do with it. They didn't have a knife, and even if they did, they hadn't the slightest on what to do with it. So they brought it over and we cleaned it for them. We send all of our meat to the mennonites in Ellsinore. They do a really good job. They'll skin your deer and process all of your meat regardless of how big the deer, for $50. Not bad..

I am so proud of ya Dartgirl66 :cheers: I am sooo glad I got to meet ya at Small Block :happy10: You are a southern bell fur sure :cheers:
Are you sure we are not family :toothy10:
30-30 is the best hunting gun for me and I would say anyone that hunts in a open draw like you was or in the brush :cheers: 30-30 is the #1 brush gun for me. Congrat's on a good deer season =P~

I thought I would share my buck picture with all of you hunters.
I don't know what Santa will do now

untitled.JPG

I am so proud of ya Dartgirl66 :cheers: I am sooo glad I got to meet ya at Small Block :happy10: You are a southern bell fur sure :cheers:
Are you sure we are not family :toothy10:
30-30 is the best hunting gun for me and I would say anyone that hunts in a open draw like you was or in the brush :cheers: 30-30 is the #1 brush gun for me. Congrat's on a good deer season =P~

Thanks MeMike! :) Like I've said before, It was a pleasure to meet you too! We all ought to get together again! Brad's Duster is coming together slowly but surely! :)

Good to here Brad's duster is moving forward :cheers:
I am heading out to a funeral :-( George Ray passed away and it's time to get ready, Yes we should all meet up again some where:happy10:

-
Back