Deleted

-
see my thread on rebuilding your own and do what I am going to do the next time some aclown quotes me stupid money for a rebuild , if you can't /don't want to try it yourself . buy a complete trans from a rep dealer for 1k and pay for the in and out , still less than 1/2 of 3k .

Isn't this car for sale??

Good eye. The price was lowered to $1800 today but still no pictures.

1973 valiant for sale
slant 6 auto trans
about 97k miles
stockton,ca
$ 2,500
Hi, i have a 73 valiant was supposed to be my first car but the guy screwed me over and dont have money to fix it the car is straight no dents no rust thru or any other than surface rust that i can see i replaced the two front locks and trunk lock because they guy lost the keys for the old ones has newish brakes ,rear end bearings, tuneup , etc trans is slipping and oil leak think it may need new seals car has original radio,wheels,bumpers, jacks,spare tire needs interior work (headliner,front and back bench seats , carpet) missing the handle for the hood release but has the metal bar it attaches to that can be pulled to open hood , the vinyl top is gone and could probably use a paint job also the car is on non op so theres no fees to be paid and obviously no smog needed, if you are seriously intrested i can take pictures and post them. thank you any questions please ask.

Lowered to $1,800

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=195785

A brand new transmission to suit your '73 slant-6 Valiant can be bought for $350 here; the guy's got a warehouse full of them and has been selling them for about four years now.

Thats good intel Lt. Dan.

(Forest Gump style):D

A brand new transmission to suit your '73 slant-6 Valiant can be bought for $350 here; the guy's got a warehouse full of them and has been selling them for about four years now.

Life is like a thread on FABO; you nyever know whatchyer gonna gyit.

redbeard.gif

800.00 here to get a 904 rebuilt includes reman'd converter. Ofcourse that is my removing the trans and take it to them.

2x... mine was 750 to do the trans (race ready) and 500 for the custom verter...

I have a guy in Detroit that will build them with heavy duty clutches and shift kit for $500 if I bring it in. Maybe another $250 for r&r.

Your guy is screwing you.

what engine and trans? costs me 400$ if I do the install and bring the trans to the guy empty of fluid and cleaned on the outside, been doin business with him for 20 years now? ya'll gittin screwed...
Is $3,000 the lowest I can expect to pay I need help.

i dont know how to rebuild these yet im only 17 sorry.

Ok. I was 17 when I rebuilt my first transmission. I had little mechanical knowledge before that. They really are that simple to rebuild.

And your quote of me saying "kinda harsh dude" was not directed to you. It was directed to the other guy that made this snippy comment

Originally Posted by Revhendo
Holy cow! Go buy two more Valiants and drive them till you learn to rebuild your own.

I thought I made that clear by quoting his comment when I said it.

Ok what im getting is that the trans is out on your car so Your going to sell it ... Well wehn i was 18 i did the same thing .. But i sold mine cuz of a cam .. lmao Look i cant redo a trans nether but shoot find one put it in ... Ive done that before its not hard ... If I knew how ez it was to do a cam and lifters . I STILL WOULD HAVE THE CAR LOL dont give up kiddo

Deleting the first post makes the entire thread useless. There may have been advice in here someone else could have used.

Deleting the first post makes the entire thread useless. There may have been advice in here someone else could have used.

He had someone quote him $3 k to rebuild his trans and wanted to know if that was reasonable or outrageous....

-
Back