Derelict

-

wayneswirld2

I need a vacation...
Reaction score
I've just now received a letter from my home Municipal Utility District office that I'm in violation of the Restrictive Covenant; my Valiant is "derelict" and must be stored "out of view". This must be corrected within 10 days. I WISH the car could be "corrected" in 10 days! It would take a back book full of money and Chip Freakin' Foose 10 days to "correct" this car! But she's a work in progress and we love her.....

Now, I don't live in some hoitey toitey neighborhood. I think a neighbor is pissed cuz my wife has been parking in front of HIS house because the Valiant is in the street in front of MY house.

My solution; late nights workin' on the car with buddies, drinkin' Lonestar Beer, listening to Van Halen's first CD on the garage stereo.

Here's to YOU, Mr. Call The M.U.D Office and Complainin'......

Attachments

• Chris and Petunia.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Petunia stuff 025.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Petunia stuff 034.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Petunia stuff 037.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 397
Sorry to here that. Some people are just A holes. I am glad I don't live in the city any more. I hate track homes. People were never ment to live that close together. For the most part people get along but there is always that one peckerhead.

Does it have legal tags on it? Should be able to park it on the treet if it does. My brother had a problem with the city where he lived. He had to move his cars every 72 hours or they were considered inoperable, even when they were legally parked, registered, & tagged. I found a loophole in the local ordinances where I live. If the car is modified for off road competition then it can be parked on your property (i.e. in your yard) & nobody can do anything about it. Maybe you can paint numbers on the sideof your car & take out some of the seats? I'm not complaining, but you should see how many race cars my neighbor gets away with parking in his yard.

I also agree with the late nights working on the car. Check to see what the local noise ordinance allows. Make sure you stop a minute or two before you are reqired to. If you have a compressor with a tank be sure to drain it right before you quit for the night. A nice early morning of working on the car on the weekend never hurt anybody either.

If it suits your tastes you might also try painting EAT ME ala Animal House on the sides of your car until you can afford a real paint job. :-D

Can it be made to run? Does it move? Does it have legal tags? If so, "it isn't a derelect"

i kept dial in and competitor numbers on mine. theres usually a clause for special interest vehicles that cant be tagged. or keep it on a trailer that has current tags.

that sux man hope u get it taken care of, we had to cover my dads duster up cuz of a violation

Oh it runs, quite well in fact. Can burn one tire right down to the rim! Tags are out though. I keep it parked in the driveway all the time with the exception of one night, I'm sure that's when the complaint was filed. Sheriff's office stopped by to make a "courtesy call" yesterday morning while I was home. He was a Mopar guy, so he told me to not worry about it, he wouldn't ticket me or anything. I'm making sure that I'm done for the night BEFORE 10PM, and I'm not being what I'd call loud at all. I just know that I'm irritatin' the hell outta the jackass across the street, and I'm OK with that. He's very nice to me to my face, but will call the HOA at the drop of a hat. Can't wait to install the header on this jewel!!!!!

had an issue with noise with an old neighbor.....when the cops showed up and he came over, I simply asked 'is it any louder than your un-muffled Harley?' Cop asks to hear the bike and my car.....and allowed me to file a complaint:-D Otherwise my neigbhors are pretty tolerant....including the 85 year old couple on the garage side of our place. Have had cars.....shells rather, on stands for over a year, in front of the house before anyone said anything.

I had my neighbor complain about me working on my cars..oh my windows are shaking..I could have a pool party every night if you,d like...No more complaints.LOL

I keep mine in the driveway with a car cover on it. I figure they all look about the same that way whether it's a rusted out Vega or a brand new Viper. Plus is covers the tags so they can't see if it's expired or not! :) Aren't PITA neighbors fun? Got nothing better to do than run other peoples' lives.

There's one of those guys in my neighborhood who's really nice to my face, but I'm sure he's the one who's reported me about 3 times now. Once for "storing" a vehicle in my driveway, once for having a vehicle on jackstands in my driveway (son's drive lost a LCA bolt, so I had it on jackstands for a day and a half waiting for the parts to come in), and had a car towed that was parked on the street with expired tags.

I acutally own an old city bus too, we've been converting it into an RV. Wonder what they'll say when I park THAT in front of my house for a weekend?

Most likely going to put a cover over it, and then start having band practice at MY house for a change.

Wayne
Austin, TX

Just get a rooster, and piss off everyone. Then make a deal with your A hole neighbor.."Which would you like to banish, the car or the rooster?". Then go around and note every code enforcement violation on your street, ie. bush across the street needs trimming out of the gutter, trash cans left in sight after trash day, foliage growing into utility line space, foliage crossing property lines, unpermitted fences, unmaintained lawns... Man, you can make life on your block a nightmare if you want to play hardball.

A rooster?
Hahahahahaha!
That's the greatest idea i've ever heard!
Yeah, do that and bring it home saturday morning.

I acutally own an old city bus too, we've been converting it into an RV. Wonder what they'll say when I park THAT in front of my house for a weekend?

Most likely going to put a cover over it, and then start having band practice at MY house for a change.

Wayne
Austin, TX

lets see some pics of the bus!!
I have a converted 66 GMC 4107 ex greyhound

Attachments

• n1223771257_30098862_6930.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 201
My bus.....now THERE is a sore spot with the wifey! Bought it back in February and have YET to move it from the spot where I bought it! She's chompin' at the bit for me to sell it, and I probably should. Hell, that's where I'll get the doh ray mi to get the Valiant looking good.....

Or maybe a mobile taco stand.......

Wish me luck,
Wayne
Austin, Tx....y'all.

Attachments

• Gillig Phantom 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 192
My suburban neighborhood is also not a homeowner's association, but all of Sacramento County has codes that apply everywhere. One is not allowed to do "major repairs", even behind closed doors in their own garage. I bet the auto repair shops got that one passed. Of course it comes down to whether snoopy neighbors complain. One co-worker is regularly informed on by his retired neighbors, but he always manages to get the engine back in before the inspectors knock. I'll bet the ones calling also rant about individual rights and less government, though they love their welfare programs.

My suburban neighborhood is also not a homeowner's association, but all of Sacramento County has codes that apply everywhere. One is not allowed to do "major repairs", even behind closed doors in their own garage. I bet the auto repair shops got that one passed. Of course it comes down to whether snoopy neighbors complain. One co-worker is regularly informed on by his retired neighbors, but he always manages to get the engine back in before the inspectors knock. I'll bet the ones calling also rant about individual rights and less government, though they love their welfare programs.

I could never live in a place like that, tell me I can't do what the hell I want in my garage:thebirdm: post no trespassing signs, keep the doors shut, then shoot the bastards for trespassing:toothy10:

You have a band AND the tour bus? Dude you are set 8)

You'd think so, right? Well, the band is far from NEEDING a tour bus, for now. And the bus, well, let's just say it's a work in progress.......lotsa work needed and no progress sofar.

Wayne
Austin, TX

-
Back