Did you drive a a body to school?

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
Did you drive a a body to school if so add a pic. Here is mine. Its also my current swinger.
001.jpg
[/IMG]

Mines in the Sig and I did, although hs was only 4 years ago :)

I drove a 65 barracuda in 68 and 69 no pictures. In 1970 I bought a brand new ralley red AAR cuda sticker was 4200. In 71 I went in air force couldnt keep it so I sold it for 1800 sounds bad but thats all they were worth back then. Hind sight is definatly 20/20. My payments for 120 a month for 36 months. That was a fortune then. They were only 40 monthly on the 65.

I drove a 68 Dart GTS, 383 4spd car back in high school. it was fast and I got kicked out of the school parking lot for my entire senior year. It was worth it though.

I'm going to be a senior this year and I hope I will get to atleast drive the '65 Barracuda to school atleast once. More than likely I will get to drive the '71 Newport to school but that would take up two spots :toothy8:

I would really like to get my Valiant finnished before the end of high school. Do you think thats possiable?

Ah Yes!! The good old days, I'm back in 1974 getting up on that sunny June morning to go to my Senior Skip Day with the rest of my friends. I in my 69 Formula S 340 Red Barracuda my brother in his 69 orange and black 383 roadrunner, Gil in his blue 289 pinto and Dave in his 64 box Nova 350. It was a day to remember!

In 69-70 I drove a 65 Plymouth satellite 426 wedge 4 spd 4.56 gears to school my senior year. I have dreams that I still have that car.I am reliving my youth with my 69 dart,Kevin.:toothy8:

I drove my 68 Newport to tech school and my 78 Aspen to school my senior year of high school.

i has the fastest car at my school! But in a very small country school alot of guys drove big 4x4s. So i was the only one with a fast car O but it wasnt that fast lol

Yes, same car that I'm restoring again now. Here is a picture in 1985. I was 16 and my dad and I fixed it up for me to drive.
jump1.JPG
brakes.JPG

Today, I'm restoring it again (now 42) and love it just as much as I did back then.
pressure_washing.jpg

Of course I'm taking it much farther then we did back then.
studying.jpg

Now I have found a project to restore for my daughter. She will be 14 in October, so I have a little time to get it right.
Jacmustang.jpg

My first car was a Dodge Dart and I drove it to high school all the time:D That was a looong time ago! Last year was our 30th HS reunion!

dart.jpg

me and my brother drove his 67 cuda all year except for winter this past year. got it running so decided to drive it. its notmuch to look at but its a blast to drive.

Attachments

• 584.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 231
My first was a 75 Dart Swinger 2 door with the /6, white vinyl top with the dark green metallic paint. I drove it to school every day. It took a beating that satan himself could be proud of. I specifically remember doing a 55mph revers drop in it. I left a black mark 100 yards long. I could not hurt that thing no matter what I did. On another occasion i did some ludicrous speed in 2nd gear. I want to say 80 or 90, it was so long ago i don't remember exactly.
15 years later I'm starting to build a 70 Dart like I always dreamed of. I doubt i'll beat on it as hard. :)

well i drave a 69 dodge coronet 4 door fun as heck them way the days didnt have to care bout nothing

got me 67 barracuda in april or may of 74, while I was still 15

drove it my junior year of HS and traded it for a 69 roadrunner and had it my senior year, sold it and bought a 70 duster drove it a month or so before graduation, so I had 2 cars for a while while still in school

View attachment N75Cuda.jpg

my 1st car

View attachment 69RR2.jpg

buddy called me a lier when i told him I traded the cuda even for RR

View attachment 78BlizDuster.jpg

6 cylinder, 3 speed on floor, am radio, white wall tires and deluxe wheel covers, that was it, rubber mat, no power anything, but used a lot less gas than the roadrunner

You bet, back in 1987 I had a 68 Dart 270 with a 318, auto, and most important, a suregrip! Smokey burnouts everywhere. It was grey primer, rear quarters were cut like a hemi Dart with Fenton style aluminum slots and big fat bias-ply tires.
I parted it out about two years later, and a bunch of the parts went into the Duster I still have today.

I just got mine a couple years ago, had it my senior year and in our year book, i got best car. lol. dont have a pic of it, ill probably put one on later.

71 340 Demon which I ordered when I was a senior in high school
yes that's when you ordered a car the way YOU wanted it

First, you need to go back to see your english teacher as it should read "who drove (an) a-body to school?"

And yes, I did drive many a-bodies to school, but I don't have any pictures.

My first was a 68 Barracuda fastback 318 car maroon with white interior. I drove it for three years before it rotted out and had to be stripped. Senior year in high school, 1 year at community college, and 1 year at 4 year college (drove it to spring break in Fla and back). However it was not the fastest car at my high school. We had much competition: One guy had a 67 Galaxy 500 with a 428, another with a 66 Impala 396, another with a 70 383 Road Runner. My dad let my older brother drive his Six Pak Superbird to school two or three times (on those days it was the fastest). We always argued over who was better...GM, Ford, Chrysler...

Replaced it with a beat up 67 fastback that was silver (and surface rust) with blue interior and was hit in drivers side door and quarter panel before I bought it. It was a great ghetto cruiser, when someone cut me off, I would honk. After they looked at my car in the rear view mirror, they changed lanes back to get out of my way. It won a "streeters and beaters" car show in college. I won for "best beater". After two years someone cut me off and I had to hit the breaks hard, and the right upper control arm attachments ripped off of the frame. I took it to work and welded them back on, drove it back home and then stripped it.

Then I finally found my dream car. A 68 Barracuda 340 S and drove it back up from Tampa FL. I wanted a 340 S for ten years before finally getting one. I still have it, but it needs to be restored now (original paint). Fire engine red with black interior. Drove it in many Woodward Dream Cruises including the first six years (first three years the cops allowed burnouts!). Then drove it to hospital when my second son was born and did a burnout under the window where he was born before going home that night. Then picked him up and drove him home in it the next day! My first son and I enjoyed racing and beating a Mustang 5.0 one sunday after dream cruise and then doing the same to a 69 Firebird 350 the year after. I picked it up in the summer of 89 and told my wife before we got married that "the cars were here before you and they will be here after you are gone." After 12 years of marriage, she is now my ex and I still have my 340 S... I kept my word. I love my 340 S, my ex wife, not so much anymore...

I drove the "Ruster" from 78-80 then it got traded in on a Little Red Express after graduation. It was a 318 3 spd on the floor, and it would burn the hell out of one tire!!!

71Duster.jpg

Why yes I did! Bought a stone stock '69 340 4-speed Dart Swinger with the 390's for $550. in 1976. It was yellow with the black trunk stripe, but I had it painted gold after my fender bender, quarter panel actualy. It was my 1st lesson of what can go wrong with possi and bald tires. Started screwing it up right away. Put headers, aluminum intake, bigger cam and air shocks with extentions to raise the back up a little. Man did I love that car, GREAT TIMES!

-
Back