Difference between 67-68 barracuda doors?

-

fstbackfish

SS/AA
Reaction score
Ok I was just told that the doors and door glass are different from 67 to a 68 barracuda? I have never heard this before....has anyone else? That may explain why my glass has never quite fit right in my doors. They may be out of a 67....... Any ideas?

The inside door lock position is different between the 3 years 67-9, so with a different lock position, the rods have to change as well. Im pretty sure that there is a "plastic support" of some kind in the 69's that is near the front of the window. Vdart has a thread on here explaining some of the differences...although his is in a dart. If you want I have 2 pieces of loos front glass and can take pics if need be. Your car is a 68??

The inside door lock position is different between the 3 years 67-9, so with a different lock position, the rods have to change as well. Im pretty sure that there is a "plastic support" of some kind in the 69's that is near the front of the window. Vdart has a thread on here explaining some of the differences...although his is in a dart. If you want I have 2 pieces of loos front glass and can take pics if need be. Your car is a 68??

Yes it is a 68. If you could take a pic for me,I would greatly appreciate it. do you know if there are any differences in the door skins or wing windows?

I dont think the lock button moved before 69, but anyway..
The vent window assemblies are different between 67 and 68. That difference is in the mounting brackets and hardware holding the vent window assembly in the door. How that might effect the larger glass fitment I dont know.
What exactly doesn't fit right about your door glass ?

I dont think the lock button moved before 69, but anyway..
The vent window assemblies are different between 67 and 68. That difference is in the mounting brackets and hardware holding the vent window assembly in the door. How that might effect the larger glass fitment I dont know.
What exactly doesn't fit right about your door glass ?

I have never been able to get the gap between the dorr glass and the quarter glass to line up correctly? and also the top of the wing window frame rubs on the roof of the car, and I cant seem to get it to adjust down?

If you have a chromed phillips head screw through the upper metal part of the door, its 67. In 68 the screw went inside the door and a plastic plug filled the hole.
The vent window assembly will move if all the hardware including the aforementioned screw is loosened. A stud behind a plastic plug in the bottom of the door adjusts the height.
Now I'm going into the tough part... Dont do squat unless the door hindges are like new. You first need to have the door itself aligned and operating properly. Then align the vent wondow and door glass to their seals. Finally you'll adjust the quarter window to the door glass.
If you adjust glasses today and renew the door hindges later, you'll start all over with glass alignment.

Ok, here are some pics...the pic with the door lock is a 69, also the pics of glass in the door is 69..I was wrong earlier the "post/support" is in the back of the glass.
The pics of the pass side is definitely not a 69..there is no support at the back.
There is a pic of drivers side that shows the support/post at the rear of the glass. Hope it helps. I have 2 door shells, but cant get to them till tomorrow as its too dark out. Lemme know if you need more pics.

Attachments

• DSCF9960 (Medium).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCF9964 (Medium).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCF9965 (Medium).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 591
  • DSCF9967 (Medium).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCF9969 (Medium).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 555
Let me guess. Roadkill with Finnegan and Freiburger? They had a 67 cuda that they tried putting 68 glass into and it didn't work.

Let me guess. Roadkill with Finnegan and Freiburger? They had a 67 cuda that they tried putting 68 glass into and it didn't work.

Yepp!!! lol.... What a nighmare.... Thanks for all the pics and info guys. I will look and see what i have tomorrow and most likely be asking more questions. Thanks again :)

ok here are some pics of my doors. I have ruled out them being 69 doors do to the lock position I think.

Here are the pics of the drivers side door.

Attachments

• 100_1628.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 100_1630.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 100_1631.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 100_1633.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 100_1636.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 520
Passenger side

Attachments

• 100_1629.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 100_1634.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 486
  • 100_1635.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 505
And this is the issue I am having with the doors on both sides....

Attachments

• 100_1637.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 505
  • 100_1638.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 505
I just be darned if I know. I guess yours is a fast back. I've never owned a fast back.
A 67 notch back quarter glass has a stainless piece on the forward edge that accepts a weatherstrip. Vert does too. Does the fast back have only a raw glass edge there in any or all year models ? I dont know.
The one screw or plastic plug in the upper door I was looking for didn't appear in any of your pics.

Hey fastback...in the 4th pic of your reply(#12), the pic shows a hole in the glass....is that at the back of the glass/door?? This is only a guess, but if so that may be 69 glass in there...See my earlier pics for reference of the 69 support/post....Im going to dig for my door shells and take pics

Olka....Are those notch back rear windows?? If so do you know the years?? Im asking for reference as I have a rear fastback window and I dont think it looks like those....

Hey fastback...in the 4th pic of your reply(#12), the pic shows a hole in the glass....is that at the back of the glass/door?? This is only a guess, but if so that may be 69 glass in there...See my earlier pics for reference of the 69 support/post....Im going to dig for my door shells and take pics

Olka....Are those notch back rear windows?? If so do you know the years?? Im asking for reference as I have a rear fastback window and I dont think it looks like those....

The 67/68 doors have a vent on the bottom and a flapper on the jam so air can get out when the door is closed with the windows up. Don't think the 69 does.

Didn't know about the glass being different. Will be a headache as I am using some 67 parts on my 68 rebuild. Would just use the 67 door assemblies but there is rot at the bottom.

Yes That is at the back of the window. And my car is also a fast back, but it does not have any metal edge on the quarter windows? The metal pieces with weatherstriping are attached to the door glass? My doors both have vents in the bottom as well...

Yes That is at the back of the window. And my car is also a fast back, but it does not have any metal edge on the quarter windows? The metal pieces with weatherstriping are attached to the door glass? My doors both have vents in the bottom as well...

It is supposed to have the seals on both the door glass and the quarter glass.

The one screw or plastic plug in the upper door I was looking for didn't appear in any of your pics.

I took a few more pics to let you see the whole door. There is a little rubber plug on both doors.

Attachments

• 100_1639.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 478
  • 100_1640.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 472
  • 100_1642.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 100_1641.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 470
It is supposed to have the seals on both the door glass and the quarter glass.

I don't know? I googled image seached for fastback cudas and I didn't see any metal/rubber seals on any of the quarter glass. Just on the door glass itself.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between fastback and notchback wing windows and tracks? I got a set of doors with the car when I bought it because the stock doors were trashed, but I don't know what they came off of......year or body style

-
Back