DING DING DING SOUND THE ALARM!...

-
Was that the universal one or do they offer one for Mopars.

It was the sbc version, i'll measure the offsets and such tomorrow if you are interested in adapting to a mopar. There's a lot of blank space on the wheel to re-drill a good three hole pattern, the other 3 would likely overlap existing holes. I don't see where that would be a problem personally, but could also insert some alum plugs and make all 6 holes good.

Grant

It was the sbc version, i'll measure the offsets and such tomorrow if you are interested in adapting to a mopar. There's a lot of blank space on the wheel to re-drill a good three hole pattern, the other 3 would likely overlap existing holes. I don't see where that would be a problem personally, but could also insert some alum plugs and make all 6 holes good.

Grant

Some of my ATI dampers have a Chevy pattern. Eases choices up sometimes.

Fedex just dropped off my son's intake. We checked it with a gasket and there is very little core shift. It looks good.

Hope you're doing okay

Thanks guys. My 10-12 days of house arrest ended and I was able to go shopping today. Felt great to get out and hopefully hit the shop tomorrow. Did find out some bad news today. I was on Yellowbullet today and someone has a post about losing the sense of taste and smell. Some haven’t recovered it in over 6 months and there’s a chance it may never come back. 11 days and counting for me.

Thanks guys. My 10-12 days of house arrest ended and I was able to go shopping today. Felt great to get out and hopefully hit the shop tomorrow. Did find out some bad news today. I was on Yellowbullet today and someone has a post about losing the sense of taste and smell. Some haven’t recovered it in over 6 months and there’s a chance it may never come back. 11 days and counting for me.

I know several people that lost their taste and smell. Relatively mild cases of illness overall. Took 3-4 weeks to come back to about half, and another week or two to get back close to normal.

Here's some pics of the $125 SM sbc crank trigger...

shopmulecranktrigger1.jpg

7" wheel dia
2.050" rear face of the "L" shaped sensor mount to the center of the sensor hole
2.510" rear face of the arc'd bracket to the center of the sensor hole

shopmulecranktrigger2.jpg

Plenty of meat to drill new mounting holes if needed.
The arc'd bracket has the series of timing dots on the other side as well, so it can be flipped for either left or right side mounting.

Grant

With all the excitement of working on my car I forgot to post this today! I got a package :D

20201210_123638.jpg

Having scorched Speedmaster several times for their horrid handling of my business in the past, it's only fair that I give then an attaboy when they earn it. Against all my better judgment I ordered a set of bare SB heads along with a stud kit. After a week or so they give me a call, making sure there's nothing hinkey going on as I'm shipping to a different address than my billing address. I confirm yes indeed this is me, and the shipping info is correct. The disparity between shipping address and billing address triggered a flag they wanted to check for fraud before processing the order. Thank You, Speedmaster. A day or two later I see the order processed, and another day or two I see the shipping info. The heads arrive on time and in good shape, and look gorgeous. I'll have my machine shop give them a quick look to make sure there's nothing unpleasant going on but the machined surfaces look excellent, the ports look very nice, and so far I'm a happy camper. The MFG dates on them are even the same day, 5-4-20.

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0801.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

After a six day layover near Chicago, according to the tracking history, the connecting rods have arrived.
518C9F82-B8FA-4504-BA35-63D74981B8FD.jpeg

After a six day layover near Chicago, according to the tracking history, the connecting rods have arrived.
View attachment 1715650140

What is marked on the end of the rod bolts.(head) Are you going to have them checked out for things like center to center, out of round, are the weights pretty consistent, pin and rod journal sizing, etc. kinda curious how they check out.

What is marked on the end of the rod bolts.(head) Are you going to have them checked out for things like center to center, out of round, are the weights pretty consistent, pin and rod journal sizing, etc. kinda curious how they check out.

Same. I'm iffy on any of their rotating parts. I bought their balancer, and it's working fine in the balance department, but the large pilot diameter that allows you to get it aligned with the key wasn't machined right, and it requires a non-standard crank pulley (knock off of an original fluidampr).

I will try to get overall weights later today. I don’t have a setup to check big and small end weights. No immediate plans to spend money on inspecting them for dimensions, but will try get some measurements on my own here if I can. Quick check with a cheap dial caliper shows small end of one rod is about .985” so at least it’s correct application for small Chrysler.
Rod bolts appear to be generic; not ARP. See picture below for head stamp.
Edit for small end diameter for measurements today.

F80AEA3E-013B-4DEC-B450-9BBF8BEFEAA7.jpeg

Last edited:
I know several people that lost their taste and smell. Relatively mild cases of illness overall. Took 3-4 weeks to come back to about half, and another week or two to get back close to normal.

according to some doctors, the loss of taste and smell are due to the loss of Zinc in your system because your body throws what little it has at the virus and is then depleted because most people are deficient in zinc. Get GOOD zinc supplement and take it every day along with vitamin c, d3 and magnesium.

according to some doctors, the loss of taste and smell are due to the loss of Zinc in your system because your body throws what little it has at the virus and is then depleted because most people are deficient in zinc. Get GOOD zinc supplement and take it every day along with vitamin c, d3 and magnesium.

Couldn’t find zinc locally so I order some on amazon. I’ve been taking it daily for 10 days or so. 4 plus weeks for me now with very limited change but of all things I tasted Animal Crackers. I’ve been eating them daily now. Did some more research and tried something different today. I’ll update later if it works.

Had a chance to start looking at the Speedmaster connecting rods.
I checked the small end of two rods and using a set of new pins from KB107 pistons I get about .0005”-.0006” clearance, and they seam to be round within .0001” as best as I can measure with telescoping snap gauges and a micrometer.
I checked the big end for roundness but not for size yet. The big end seams to be .0001” or better for roundness with dial bore gauge zeroed.
Center to center length seamed to be 6.125” but this was just using a large digital caliper that usually does not return to zero when closing. It usually reads off by up .001” and I normally only use it for pushrods. So that can’t really be trusted for exact measurements.
The threads on the 8640 bolts supplied with these rods look kind of sharp on the peaks. Maybe cut threads instead of rolled threads, but probably fine for any cheap engine I will end up using these on. The threads definitely need to be cleaned, but instructions say that anyway so it’s not a complaint. They will get a good cleaning and further measurements when I finally use them, but who knows when that will be.

-
Back