Direct Connection chin spoiler

-

C500

Reaction score
Is there much demand for these spoilers? Seem to be hard to find. I've had this one 15 years, was attached to one of my b-bodies when I first bought it. Date of manufacture on it is 4/78 and part number P4120359

sp1x.jpg

sp2x.JPG

sp3x.jpg

sp4x.jpg

sp5x.jpg

sp6x.jpg

I've seen ads posted looking for those, so there's some demand.

Looks like it on the cover 1980 DC Catalog on a beaked duster
Dimensions are listed on page 98
nice piece

2nd in line behind Mtrhead if 4 sale (don't know if it will fit on a dart valence)

Last edited:
Is there much demand for these spoilers? Seem to be hard to find. I've had this one 15 years, was attached to one of my b-bodies when I first bought it. Date of manufacture on it is 4/78 and part number P4120359

Please do the Mopar world a solid and send that to RylisPro up in the Bay Area to reproduce. He is the one that makes the AAR and T/A (racecar version) spoilers.

Rylis Productions

I must agree with go-fish
Didn’t know about Rylis Productions, but for your DC Spoiler to get reproduced would be great.
Count me in if there would be a minimum count required.
How yours survived in the condition shown in your pics all these years is beyond me.
Please keep us posted
Thanks. Tom

I can't believe someone hasn't sent there NOS ducktail DC rear spoiler to them...there are a few still around

I can't believe someone hasn't sent there NOS ducktail DC rear spoiler to them...there are a few still around
Do you have any names or leads? I'm about to buy a Showcars one from Canada and try to beef it up and shape it better.

Do you have any names or leads? I'm about to buy a Showcars one from Canada and try to beef it up and shape it better.
There were many past threads on people with them...but don't remember who..

I believe there are at least two other earlier part numbers.

I think P3690878 might be for cars with lower front valences since it's shorter?

From 1978 DC Catalog

IMG_6577.jpeg

Last edited:
From 1982 DC Catalog

Maybe they just went with the shorter more generic version to reduce part numbers (inventory stocking) ? Just a theory.

IMG_6578.jpeg

Last edited:
Please do the Mopar world a solid and send that to RylisPro up in the Bay Area to reproduce. He is the one that makes the AAR and T/A (racecar version) spoilers.

Rylis Productions

I didn’t realize they were looking for one.

I’ve got an original DC ductail spoiler. It’s not NOS, it looks like it was previously mounted but it’s in good condition, more than good enough to pull a mold from. I’d be happy to loan it to them if they want to pull a mold from it

The one from Showcars is actually pretty good. The biggest thing about that one is I think they stopped the mold on the outer edges a bit too soon, so it has a vertical edge on the sides that makes it a bit shorter than the original DC spoilers. You’d have a bit more trunk showing on each end unless you did some work on it. But it wouldn’t take much.

How soon are you looking to get one? I have one from Showcars, but I’m going to be using the MAS one that I found after I bought the Showcars version. I’m a little ways out from my shop being finished and moving a bunch of stuff out of storage. If you’re not in a big hurry we might be able to make a deal on my old Showcars one.

It’s going to be up to us to get the funds together. What I proposed was we would figure out how many people are 100% on board with buying one. He comes up with the cost to produce a mold and initial run + money for his time which we divide that between the group.
Ideally, the ground floor buyers would simply make an online purchase on his web store in the amount of their share.

I’ve never done this before so there might be a smarter way.

BF3D0D92-9DFF-47AF-9338-07A00C26A687.jpeg

4D8E8FA7-3592-48C5-9047-2B13BCB90895.jpeg

135F9E54-86C3-41D9-BDBF-F21AD7F76F2A.jpeg

It’s going to be up to us to get the funds together. What I proposed was we would figure out how many people are 100% on board with buying one. He comes up with the cost to produce a mold and initial run + money for his time which we divide that between the group.
Ideally, the ground floor buyers would simply make an online purchase on his web store in the amount of their share.

View attachment 1716155724

View attachment 1716155725

View attachment 1716155726

Yup, that’s exactly the problem I had before. I have the Challenger spoiler that was going to be copied.

It was put up on one of the E-body forums back in the day. There was a dozen or so people that expressed an interest in the thread, but when it came time to put the money in the numbers fell.

Honestly the best way would probably be to start a “go fund me” or kickstarter account for it and have people contribute, with contributions over a certain dollar amount getting a spoiler when production is run. If the target amount for the mold isn’t reached then the money gets returned.

The advantage to that would be if people wanted to see the spoiler get made, but couldn’t afford the full price of a spoiler, they could pay whatever they wanted. If the spoiler gets made then they could buy it later. Heck there might even be a way to give them some credit for a full purchase later.

Someone here was going to make them too, I don’t remember how many were made but it was very small numbers.

Last edited:
I didnt read any replies after yours, I wanted to warn you asap DONT!! Dont dont buy from Showcars.....what a joke. They are an hour away from me.

View attachment 1716155724

View attachment 1716155725

View attachment 1716155726
I’m 100% in on this shoot me details what we need to do for next steps

How soon are you looking to get one? I have one from Showcars, but I’m going to be using the MAS one that I found after I bought the Showcars version. I’m a little ways out from my shop being finished and moving a bunch of stuff out of storage. If you’re not in a big hurry we might be able to make a deal on my old Showcars one.

I was going to purchase one pretty soon. I met a new Mopar bodyman friend who has a Showcars one on his Duster and he was going to remove his to fix it his way, as it was installed by the PO. I was going to secure one to do at the same time.

PM me a price whenever you want to move it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m 100% in on this shoot me details what we need to do for next steps

I would like to talk the OP of this post into getting in on this. I sent him a PM because he hasn't really popped back in here. Does anyone else out there have an original DC chin spoiler?

As for the Ducktail, I've heard multiple times that the Showcars one can be worked with. If it can be loved on and fixed it would prevent a big new production.

Last edited:
I would like to talk the OP of this post into getting in on this. I sent him a PM because he hasn't really popped back in here. Does anyone else out there have an original DC chin spoiler?

As for the Ducktail, I've heard multiple times that the Showcars one can be worked with. If it can be loved on and fixed it would prevent a big new production.

Out of all the reproductions of the ductail the MAS one is the best, but of course they’re out of business. The CNS one is second though, it’s a good piece for what it is. The ends are really the only thing that need much work, and even that would depend on how original you wanted it to look. It’s really only comparing it to a DC one that you notice some differences. Beyond that I’d say it’s fairly standard fiberglass bodywork, they all need some tweaking if you want them to look nice.

I bought my CNS one through eBay. I’ve heard the horror stories about the business, but eBay gives ways to deal with a bad seller if it comes to that so I took a chance. My transaction was fine, shipping took forever but it was a large item going across the border so all things considered it was fine.

Hi all, apologies for the late reply, its been a hell of a week. Firstly, I have this spoiler down here In New Zealand. The cost to ship it back could be quite expensive, more than what it's worth. I can get a price next week to ship it, if anyones interested. Other option, I could get it 3d scanned, and send a 'point cloud' file to a company that could remanufacture it using that file, rather than having the acutal spoiler in hand. Keen to hear anyones thoughts, not here to waste anyones time either, but understand there is demand for this spoiler.

Hi all, apologies for the late reply, its been a hell of a week. Firstly, I have this spoiler down here In New Zealand. The cost to ship it back could be quite expensive, more than what it's worth. I can get a price next week to ship it, if anyones interested. Other option, I could get it 3d scanned, and send a 'point cloud' file to a company that could remanufacture it using that file, rather than having the acutal spoiler in hand. Keen to hear anyones thoughts, not here to waste anyones time either, but understand there is demand for this spoiler.

I think people saw the California location in your avatar.

-
Back