Direct Connection - What's Old is New Again

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Check out the announcement on nhra.com...

DC102921.jpg

dodge-hero.jpg

DODGE REVEALS NEW LOOK FOR ITS TEAMS IN VEGAS | Competition Plus

Don't miss the last sentence!

Last edited:
Finally ! Why they ever changed from that iconic label I have no idea.
Almost as big of mistake as Acura dropping the Legend moniker !

Very interesting, especially since "Chrysler" is not "Chrysler" anymore.

Finally ! Why they ever changed from that iconic label I have no idea.
Almost as big of mistake as Acura dropping the Legend moniker !
Did you just compare Mopar to a piece of ****?

I'm hoping maybe they resurrect the performance division. Sorta keep it separate like Ram and Jeep. Of course, I don't see them supporting anything other than the Gen3 Hemi and later, but it'd be something I guess.

I'll eat my hat if they make anything more than valve covers and air cleaners for our older stuff and that would even be a shocker...

I'll eat my hat if they make anything more than valve covers and air cleaners for our older stuff and that would even be a shocker...
Yeah I agree completely. I don't think we'll ever see anything for the older stuff ever again from "Chrysler".

Yeah I agree completely. I don't think we'll ever see anything for the older stuff ever again from "Chrysler".
I know longer even put my older stuff on my car.. like a lot of people I just leave my direct connection stuff at home...

...and who can blame them? The big block's last year was what? 1978? 43 years ago. Ancient history as far as making profit. They'll never do it.

Don't dismiss the Euros when it comes to making performance parts .
How many US companies had full on performance divisions building HP versions of all their models ? Dodge has the SRT badging and Ford has SRT but those are sporadic and only cover a few models. Granted they offer more today but look at BMW M Division or Audi S Line or Mercedes AMG cars. And of course Porsche just mods them all !
Even Volvo ... well lets forget them ..lol
And don't forget Fiat owns Farrari , Alpha Romeo and Maserati .

I hope they surprise us !

You can get a performance hat or t-shirt.. but they're on backorder now,oh did you hear about dodgers new performance parts division it's called direct connection that's really cool man, yes Junior that's really cool man.:rolleyes::wtf:

Very interesting, especially since "Chrysler" is not "Chrysler" anymore.
My take is “Chrysler” Chrysler death walked after 2003 with the cancellation of the B-Series vans and then they “nail in the coffin” died when the Germans came along.

I know longer even put my older stuff on my car.. like a lot of people I just leave my direct connection stuff at home...
Nobody has stolen or tried to steal those nice anodized blue DC valve covers off your engine yet I take it?:eek:

Nobody has stolen or tried to steal those nice anodized blue DC valve covers off your engine yet I take it?:eek:
IMG_20200213_123408.jpg

I just didn't like going to a car show and leaving it alone. It does attract quite a bit of attention... When I had it like this and let's say those pentastar valve cover hold Downs? How many times have you seen those? They just spin right off there's always people with their hands down in their point into their buddies at this or that...
When I called haggerty about those pentastar air cleaner hold down they just told me I need to insure them for what I think they're worth... Do you have one in case someone steals one?... And if you did how much would you want for it?..

Classic Industries has the D.C. scare stickers and chrome valve covers for small block. 150 bucks for the covers.

View attachment 1715812637
I just didn't like going to a car show and leaving it alone. It does attract quite a bit of attention... When I had it like this and let's say those pentastar valve cover hold Downs? How many times have you seen those? They just spin right off there's always people with their hands down in their point into their buddies at this or that...
When I called haggerty about those pentastar air cleaner hold down they just told me I need to insure them for what I think they're worth... Do you have one in case someone steals one?... And if you did how much would you want for it?..

Are these like the ones you have? I have a set of NOS ones, they are cool

89B71417-7C5C-49EE-A3EA-DC9B29231C2E.jpeg

-
Back