-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffstrad

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Is anyone else having the problem of there sale adds disapearing?
I have had to repost my adds two times, I thought that I had fallowed the rules for posting correctly, but this morning I check them again, and there gone, so I PM the members that have had interest in my adds, telling them that the parts are still for sale, I then go back to the classified section, and low and behold, there back!, I don't get it, but it sure is getting to be alot of work.

Jeff, we have a MOD that zelously enforces the rules. You constantly lack location. IF your location is in the ad, this cuts down on constant post that say;

"Dude, where ya located"

Please read the rules so this MOD and you can have a break from the key board.

Originally Posted by superdart340
dude u need a location and price for sure or u are subject to removal and pics are good too.....

HEY, dude, add included, price shipped anywhere in the lower 48, and my location, witch you shoudn't need if it's included in the price,so why the removal?, as far as pictures go, add stated that if you want them, PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send them, I've done this with a dozen other transactions, and no problem, but looking at the classified adds again, I see my adds are gone yet again, This is B.S. and I'm done with this site. Jeffstrad

HEY, dude, add included, price shipped anywhere in the lower 48, and my location, witch you shoudn't need if it's included in the price,so why the removal?, as far as pictures go, add stated that if you want them, PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send them, I've done this with a dozen other transactions, and no problem, but looking at the classified adds again, I see my adds are gone yet again, This is B.S. and I'm done with this site. Jeffstrad

I agree, you have a price includes all and entering a location is really needed.

Hate to see ya go Jeff, but I know this is drivin ya crazy.

I don't understand, "and you didn't post all of my response, why?"

Jeff....you are not the only one....there have been quite a few members who have dealt with the same problem.

and yes there is a MOD who strictly enforces the rules so you have to make sure you filled in everything as the rules state.

HOWEVER if you have done everything by the book and you are still having troubles ....let me mention a possibility to your trouble.

Right now FABO is under going server work and the site is not as reliable as it normally is but it will get better soon enough when everything is all fixed up (fingers crossed lol).

I know its frustrating but take the time to rethink leaving because you will be missing out on alot, because fabo is a great site with alot to offer and allot of great people.... its not all about the classifieds here.

I REALLY don't see what the big deal is about the location on ads. The ONLY person who would be "out" anything is the seller!! If a person is interested in buying something, then they may have to ask the location if not posted. Yes it gets frustrating after a while, but again, the seller is the only person adversely affected. I think this "location police" thing is getting out of hand. This guy was selling something whith shipping included...location was absolutely irrelevant. My 2 cents.

I think location should be important and required. And this rant has nothing to do with Jeff's post.
Often times people on here need big-item stuff, like things that won't fit in a flat rate postal box. I see 8.75 rear ends on here constantly and would buy one (or two) except they are all "back east" or "down south". Really frustrating to try to A. contact the seller to see where he is, and B. find out he doesnt respond to your posts cause he's getting spammed with "dude, where you at" on the board.
I know I have set limits on what I will spend including shipping. If I buy your part for 50 bucks or whatever and i had to wait a couple days for you to update your location, only to find out shipping is another 75 then it may not be cost-effective to purchase. Now I've passed by two or three other deals cause I thought this deal would have gone thru.

Just save us all the hassle and post the location.

Again... this guy was selling something with shipping costs included.

YEA, WELL WHAT ABOUT SHIPPING TO CANADA. Listen carefully I'm only going to say this once. There are more people on this site than just from the "lower 48" ie. other countries. When I go into the for sale section, and I'm sure members from other countries other than the U.S. do the same, I look at the location of said part FIRST and lets say it's in Florida I don't go any further but if it's in Idaho or Montana I might be interested. So yea there's a good reason for location and if it's like a secret then keep the part.:mad:

I always wonder why people with parts just dont follow the rules. Its FREE to begin with. If you just follow the simple steps to posting a good ad we wouldnt have these problems. Ive never had a post deleted. There is way to much bitchin and moaning here lately. The site is free. Some of you act like FABO owes you something when infact if it wasnt for theres rules and moderation it wouldnt exist. If your going to leave just do it don't announce it like someone is going to miss you. Because frankly its getting OLD fast. If you wanna be apart of a website such as this READ the rules and follow them plain and simple.

Then don't buy his stuff!! No need for the "only going to say this once " garbage.

"Here i am" Rules are something that some have always had difficulty in dealing with. It's a request so as to make matters easier to deal with. One comes on this ite and wants to sell a part or even a car but dont have one clue on even how to help himself, but others are suppose to overlook the fact that they are not even able to follow the simplest of request. Myself i am not a stickler on the price issue. That can and will change. It's called dickering. Pictures are not important to me as i have a pretty good clue on what a power steering pump looks like. Now location of the item will not change. If it's close, for instance an engine, shipping is not issue. If it's in England then count me out, but how am i to know? You post the location. Pretty simple. You can bet your but when called out i'll ALWAYS step up to the plate and take all pitches and i aint seen nothin to swing at yet. Even wedgies "Power Trip" comment. Can you spell "RULES"
Small Block

A simple zip code under the avitar would solve this . Make it mandatory when you sign up. Google the zip and you know where they are. My 2 cents.

this guy sounds like a jackass anyway - don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.

You know, I'm all about following the rules but they can always be 'bent' a little as well. I dealt directly with jeffstrad on a purchase from one of his ads and he was straight up about everything. He had some great parts at some great prices and I'm going to be sorry to see him go away. I certainly don't see any need for this type of response.
As far as the location question, how hard is it to check someones personal information and find their zip code? A few seconds and you what part of the country you're going to be dealing with. Besides, as stated in his ad, the freight was covered in his selling price.

My ads say (price) shipped to your door US only......... I dont know if its california or new york......... which cost alot different to ship! and I take paypal which has my address......lol. but you send a pm it will be deleted if no "ship" location....... LOL... Im sucking up the shipping cost regardless where it goes which helps out the buyer! for future reference ANYONE who is interested in buying a part off of me go to cuda-challenger.com and post up if I am a good seller or not OR if i have ever skrewed anyone!.......... Ive sold TONS of stuff there! feel free to post up! I have sold alot overseas as well.... yes I am offended!

Have a nice day! my handle is sledgehammer over there.......... since I have a"0" feedback over here....

You know, I'm all about following the rules but they can always be 'bent' a little as well. I dealt directly with jeffstrad on a purchase from one of his ads and he was straight up about everything. He had some great parts at some great prices and I'm going to be sorry to see him go away. I certainly don't see any need for this type of response.
As far as the location question, how hard is it to check someones personal information and find their zip code? A few seconds and you what part of the country you're going to be dealing with. Besides, as stated in his ad, the freight was covered in his selling price.

I guess I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to just add their location into the ad. Why is that such a problem?

My ads say (price) shipped to your door US only......... I dont know if its california or new york......... which cost alot different to ship! and I take paypal which has my address......lol. but you send a pm it will be deleted if no "ship" location....... LOL... Im sucking up the shipping cost regardless where it goes which helps out the buyer! for future reference ANYONE who is interested in buying a part off of me go to cuda-challenger.com and post up if I am a good seller or not OR if i have ever skrewed anyone!.......... Ive sold TONS of stuff there! feel free to post up! I have sold alot overseas as well.... yes I am offended!

Have a nice day! my handle is sledgehammer over there.......... since I have a"0" feedback over here....

The feedback is brand new, just a few days since being implemented. Most members have '0' feedback right now. So dont take it personal.

The location rules were put into place at the repeated request of many members.

Folks - you have to understand something. The rules were put into place for a reason. There always COULD be exceptions, but at the end of the day we have chosen to have the rules in place and basically only ask that you follow them for your FREE ad. They aren't that complicated.

Give us a price, a location and a decent description. WHAT is so hard about that where we need to worry about 'bending' the rules? I dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back