Disapearing classified adds ?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
smallblock needs to change his attitude! he is on a powertrip and you can tell this by the PMs he sends you! he needs to look at what he types before he sends it!

You know, I'm all about following the rules but they can always be 'bent' a little as well. I dealt directly with jeffstrad on a purchase from one of his ads and he was straight up about everything. He had some great parts at some great prices and I'm going to be sorry to see him go away. I certainly don't see any need for this type of response.
As far as the location question, how hard is it to check someones personal information and find their zip code? A few seconds and you what part of the country you're going to be dealing with. Besides, as stated in his ad, the freight was covered in his selling price.
The guy's got 30-something posts, DOESN'T follow the board classifieds rules - which are clearly posted, then has sarcastic and arrogant responses to long-term members/moderators that are real contributors to this site. I feel my comment is very appropriate.

Furthermore - for everyone that has commented on the location rule in this thread - this has been discussed ad-nauseum in many threads to this point. The owner of the site was considerate enough to start a thread to encourage and include all members to throw out ideas and suggestions to make things fair and consistant as it relates to classified listings. The BOARD settled on these rules, and it's been accepted as a requirement. If you didn't participate in that discussion, that's too bad for you. we don't need to continually re-hash this debate for newer members just because they don't like it. the Mods aren't Nazis - they're just following through on rules that we, as a community, set, and are clearly outlined in the classified section. No location, the ad is deleted - the rules can't be any clearer.

It's one thing to make a mistake when listing an ad in classifieds - it's another to start a thread accusing the Mods of misdeeds, insinuating they are Nazis, and disregarding board rules that were set by the MEMBERS.

HEY, dude, add included, price shipped anywhere in the lower 48, and my location, witch you shoudn't need if it's included in the price,so why the removal?, as far as pictures go, add stated that if you want them, PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send them, I've done this with a dozen other transactions, and no problem, but looking at the classified adds again, I see my adds are gone yet again, This is B.S. and I'm done with this site. Jeffstrad

Yeah but its FREE. Go to Ebay and pay $10 or so to sell each item.

As for this seller, I did buy a Torque Converter for my 904 trans off him last week. Haven't fired the motor up yet but the T.C. looked good and slip right in the trans. He shipped very fast too. Price was great, a super seller it seemed to me

Well as long as he has good parts and prices, the rules don't apply to him....:angry3:

Hiel, post, delete, anything in your agenda, see,ya,bye!
I find this annnoying, because you assume something.

rumblefish360, Thank You, and Thank You for the part's description you posted on my KB 107 piston. Jeff

Your welcome, I'm only trying to help Jeff.

Hate 2 c anyone go,this is such a great site,challenge anyone 2 find 1 better, it all free,and the ad was reinstated,we are all human and subject to mistakes...no need to beat anyone down....I'd say lets all have a drink and shake hands and lets get back to wheelin n dealin....I've had my run ins with different issues in past but bottom line is fix it and go on just like we do our cars....if my mopar screws up I wont scrap it and u wont c me switchn 2 frauds or chebbies........Mopars rule.........ok I'm done

I'm not all about hammering a dude selling or looking when the rules are not met. A PM is normaly sent to the offender as a reminder. Some have let me know that (As they beileve) my pet peve was my semi famous badgering line "Location location location" posts I used to leave behind.

While not a pet peve, when I was first drafted by AdamR, he told me (In a LOL way) that I should police the classifieds. The one thing I noticed, there was a overkilling amount of "Where are you located" posts. And the answer to the problem seemed so simple if the answer wasn't under the screen name, in which sometimes it was, just add it in. Even a zip is OK thuogh I myself and I'm sure a few of you all would like to see a actual place listed.

This and a few other things have come to light and thus help put forth the "New rules" in which and how things should be listed up for everyone's ease of cruising the classifieds.

The seller should help himself out by posting his location so the potentail purchaser of said items for sale can get on with there search quickly if the item is not close by. Shipping can be a bear on cost on some thing like iron heads and tranny's.

This can limit time and effort for both parties and for surley the seller in time wasted on replies he'll get like, "Nevermind, to far" , "How much to ship" , "Can you cut me a deal" "will ya take less because your far/I'm broke/I have no moey help me I'm a poor sucker" etc....

Small Block is pissed at me for reinstating Jeff's ad's. He seems to think it is a lack of respect. While I did say sorry you feel that way, I also see the overzelous deleation of posts not needed. As Jeff and others mentioned, price included shipping! It's a done deal, get his address and send him money. No one lists there address!

His lack of location, IMO, in this case can be overlooked easy. Actually, I'm sorry, I think it a NO-Brainer!

Again, SmallBlock, sorry. It's just a enforcement of the rules, with zeal you do it in, doesn't allways have to apply. Rules and laws maybe black and white, but enforcement of rules laws etc.... should not be done so.

If my "Attitude" is of one that anybody doesn't like here, you'll can kiss my ***! More can be done here and done not just well, but better if not best with some honey rather than a squrit of lemon juice in the eye!

Strick enforcement is for the Nazi's.

Strick enforcement is for the Nazi's.

Well said rumble:cheers:

I agree rules are needed though.

And I think the least people could do is put there zip code or state or city and state up by there avatar.

I also don't think price should be mandatory....some times you want to put it up for best offer to see how much you can get for something you are not sure what it is worth.

rather than ask $50.00 for for something that is worth $5.00 and look like a tool or asking $50.00 for something that is worth $5.00 and look like a push over.

either way i think this Jeff guy is taking things a little overboard... I think you should wait it out because everyone is willibg to work with you to help you figure the situation out.

Jeff, I think you should stay, you have some nice things to sell that I was interested in. Just let this be a learning experience for everybody...Read the rules, put your location in the ad. I think it's too easy...HOAH!!!!

Now lets all shake hands and "Carry On!"

-James

I don't see the big deal in re posting the ad correctly. Things take time to get done sometimes. I was to get my short block by today but the builder--and me--just noticed a diamond mark indicating a oversize lifter. So now short block won't be done for two more weeks it looks like now and cost $200 more. That is life sometimes.

Well, I surely didn't mean for all this to come about. I simply was trying to post my ads and thought that I'd done so according to the rules. But since, rumblefish360 was good enough to repost my ads. I went back and read them and found that on some of them I did leave the location out. (sorry my fault) Thanks, Jeffstrad

Well. well, well Mr WeDgie. By the sounds of things you have a PM that i for sure would love for you to expose to all of us here. Are you suggesting that i DID PM you about a violation that i'm accused of NEVER doing. Post up or shut up. Dont slander me if ya cant back it up. Rumble would have given you a vacation by now had it been directed toward him.
If i recall correctly the PM's that you and i exchanged Rumble had the title of "Not sure?" Correct me if i'm wrong. There was never a mention of any foul language or four letter words coming from my direction. I think the topic of exchange had to do with respect among moderators and i dont believe there was any mention of my being "Pissed". That's your term. Any apologies that you have expressed or implied have been accepted and any and all of your jestures or actions have been far from offending me. Joey has stated his stance on all the issues without a doubt and that will also be my stance as this site does belong to him. As i mentioned in previous discussion, i will allow you the respect that you were unable to allow me and that is, i WILL back you up on you decision to either Ban a member or delete a thread for a violation. That is what Mods do. Discussion on these matters should be taken up elsewhere and should not be laundered among the general membership as has been done. This issue is done and closed unless someone chooses to re open it.
Small Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back