Disc Brakes on Early A's - What solution did you choose and why?

-
I believe the track width issue is from going to the 73-up spindle as those cars have a wider track with. A little research would have informed you of the wider track width.
that being said I did the 73-up spindle with cordoba rotors and the dr diff brackets.
if I were to do it again I would either use the wildwood kit on my 9" spindles or even the 73-up spindles. I would like the smaller bearing hub. that would allow me to use take offs from a modern fwd car.

Okay. Maybe that's why I didn't hear about that problem, because there isn't one with the old spindles.

I do know that the Vectors like to sit wide anyway, so I was pretty much guaranteed to have fitment issues with a narrow A. Hopefully that will be less of a problem with the cop wheels, but I've definitely designed the bodywork to be more accommodating. I will say those brakes are amazing and the instructions were fantastic. All things equal, I'd buy them again. Eventually, I'd like a matching set on the rear as well.

I will say the bearing hub is pretty big. The stock dinky wheels couldn't fit over the cap, not that they would've worked with that setup anyway, but I was curious.

The hub on the 73 up rotors is Huge. I had the opportunity to buy a set of BBS take offs from an Evo the wheel wouldn't even come close to getting over that hub.

-
Back