Disowning Family Members

-
I don't know all of the details as I didn't read the entire thread. But if it was left to him and his sisters why didn't he buy them out? I don't think that they could've forced him to sell but I don't know this as a fact
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Every situation is different and every person will have a different perspective on what happened.
My sister moved away 40 years ago and she has had limited contact with the rest of the family since then. I tried writing to her, and sent gifts when her children were born, but she remained aloof. Her oldest daughter is now about 37 or so, and coincidentally is going to be here for the weekend, primarily to visit my mother who is 91. We hardly know her or my sister's other 2 daughters, largely because my sister hates my mother, something that I only recently learned about from one of my cousins.
As for my asshole brother, he decided about 5 years ago that he no longer considers me to be a part of the family, his choice, and I will not bother trying to change his mind about it. He is very close minded, and believes that he is right about everything, period. Fine with me.
I understand what you're saying, it's sad

Not miserable, yer just a fuckin idiot. I've no patience for idiots.
Go read what you posted goof.
You saying "it's only money" or something like that, lmao, same analogy goes for a car...it's only money poser, go get one.
I never said that anyone had to justify their feelings to me. You must be miserable.

I don't know all of the details as I didn't read the entire thread. But if it was left to him and his sisters why didn't he buy them out? I don't think that they could've forced him to sell but I don't know this as a fact

I don't think that hatred can be justified, even as bad as my first wife did me I don't hate her, I guess I just don't believe in hate
It's not about hatred. It's about respecting the wishes of others.
That's why you make out a will and spell out how things are distributed.
I always say those that love you will accept what you left them. they may not understand why you did it the way you did, and left someone more then you, butthey will still love you. If you left someone who only cared about how much they could get. Never cared about you and never will.
An irrevocably trust is a good way to go.

You saying "it's only money" or something like that, lmao, same analogy goes for a car...it's only money poser, go get one.
Have a nice day

My grandfather was an evil genius.
When he passed, it had the it set up so that:
1. Nothing could be sold as long as my uncle and dad were still alive. They were to collect rent from the property so that they both had some sort of income. (My grandpa lived thru the depression, so he knew absolute poverty).
2. After the two of them die, it would take all 7 of the grand kids to agree on the sale.
Here's where the problem comes in. My uncle passed away before grandpa in a car accident. That left only dad. I have two cousins, a half sister and myself and three siblings.
One of my cousins died of cancer shortly after grandpa died. The other is in prison in California. He's a three striker. He's 7 years into 25 to life. The problem is my half sister. She's decided that since she's a half sister, she deserves 1/2 and me and my siblings get the other half. Not 20%, but 50%. Her argument is that dad left our mother because she was obviously horrible and her mother was the better option. I'm convinced that this is equal parts her and her idiot husbands idea.
Aside from the fact that is a stupid argument, she tends to forget that my dad has been married 8 times. Since he's not dead yet, I won't be surprised if there is a #9 or even #10.
So.......
When dad dies, I and my siblings refuse to agree to our 1/2 sisters plan and I guess we're going into the landlord business.

It's not about hatred. It's about respecting the wishes of others.
That's why you make out a will and spell out how things are distributed.
I always say those that love you will accept what you left them. they may not understand why you did it the way you did, and left someone more then you, butthey will still love you. If you left someone who only cared about how much they could get. Never cared about you and never will.
An irrevocably trust is a good way to go.
^^^^^^^^This, my sister did not speak to my father for 30 years, and he never knew his grandchildren, but when he died, she wasted no time looking for her share of his estate. Granted, he was an abusive alcoholic and we all had a strained relationship with him, but at least my one brother and I made an effort. The other 2 only cared about the money. My asshole brother has also been extremely disrespectful to my wife, which she does not deserve, and I will NOT tolerate.

1711587958594.gif

Just a little levity my good man!:):poke:

^^^^^^^^This, my sister did not speak to my father for 30 years, and he never knew his grandchildren, but when he died, she wasted no time looking for her share of his estate. Granted, he was an abusive alcoholic and we all had a strained relationship with him, but at least my one brother and I made an effort. The other 2 only cared about the money. My asshole brother has also been extremely disrespectful to my wife, which she does not deserve, and I will NOT tolerate.
The only way that you can keep her from getting a dime would be if everything was put pod and tod to you and your brother. I can understand why you feel like you do and I don't blame you

The only way that you can keep her from getting a dime would be if everything was put pod and tod to you and your brother. I can understand why you feel like you do and I don't blame you
Ancient history now, dad died in 2006, his will stated that it was to be divided equally between his 4 kids, and his wishes were respected.
My mom has remarried and her husband has kids as well, who are also very difficult to get along with, so I fully expect more problems then.

Ancient history now, dad died in 2006, his will stated that it was to be divided equally between his 4 kids, and his wishes were respected.
My mom has remarried and her husband has kids as well, who are also very difficult to get along with, so I fully expect more problems then.
I hate that you have to deal with all of this

I sent this to my brother-in-law and sister that tried to take my mom for everything she had while she was on her deathbed.

IMG_7281.jpeg

You can pick your friends
And you can pick your nose
But you can't pick your family

I had a falling out with my mom and didn't talk to her for seven years. Even now, I hear from her 2-3 times a year, mostly. My girlfriend sees that I've done what I can, it's on my mom.

I talk to my dad weekly, but didn't know him until I was in my early thirties.

I've told both of em, take me off the wills. I've got four half siblings and I want nothing to do with the bullshit. I don't have any kids and I'm used to being broke, so as long as I have enough to get casket to grave, I'm good. There's no point in having much more.

Nobody asked you "why" so stfu. Nobody has to justify their feelings to you. I HATE my fn sister and once she's dead I'll have a grave to piss on. And yes my Mom knows I hate her.
lol you on a forum saying nobody asked your opinion.....let that sink in.

Last edited:
That's the true spirit of a will and or trust. RESPECTING THE OWNERS WISHES. A trustee or designated person has a fiduciary responsibility to their mother, fathers or "owners" final wishes and to the beneficiaries. A trustee or person should act as if they were standing in the owner's shoes and act in cooperation with the will or trust documents. BUT some always seem to think it is theirs and act only or at least in part for personal gain. That's when everything goes awry.

Trusts can be set up to specifically avoid most of the situations described here.
Of course, no one can predict every possible situation....

However, despite the one "stakeholder" being in prison as described above, the trust is fulfilling the wishes, and everyone of the heirs is "making money".
The main problem with this kind of scenario is if those in charge of managing the trust run it into the ground.

Nobody asked you "why" so stfu. Nobody has to justify their feelings to you. I HATE my fn sister and once she's dead I'll have a grave to piss on. And yes my Mom knows I hate her.
I've had this yay-hoo on ignored for a while now until he gets a car , does he have one yet??...

Read the bold...and let that sink in...:rolleyes:
lol you on a forum saying nobody asked your opinion.....let that sink in.

From some of the reading I've done on this post I see a lot of hatred and hostility, I can't believe that people would let money or any other material things divide their love one's. I too was ripped off by my siblings, do I hate them, did I disown them, no, why you ask? It’s because I'm not going to lower myself to their standards I'm going to be the better person. Holding a grudge only hurts the person that has it. Do people do these things out of their own inner personal greed or jealously? None of us are perfect as we all make mistakes. Forgiveness is the key to true happiness not material things.

I gotta say there is things beyond greed that can drive you from family and or in my case family and high school friends... Like conduct and character... I distance myself from people who want to abuse my friendship or my relationship..
I'm too old now for loyalty to over ride the way I'm treated..

I gotta say there is things beyond greed that can drive you from family and or in my case family and high school friends... Like conduct and character... I distance myself from people who want to abuse my friendship or my relationship..
I'm too old now for loyalty to over ride the way I'm treated..
Absolutely true.

Dan,
Unfortunately MAJORITY rules. There were 250 acres attached to the farmstead even though the land and farmstead were separated to be sold they were still legally bound to the one estate. Of course I would have bought the 2 rubes out. That was part of my life's work but we would have done it just for the dog...

-
Back