distributor help

-

silver fox

Reaction score
The duster (73) 340 we got has a 7al msd picked up a new coil blaster 3 the old coil was for racing only now to replace part's in dis. it's an older Chrysler 3690200 I'd like to clean it up with new part's, can any please tell where I can get the part's for this older dis'. better still tell me what I would need .This car was built for speed back then this time capsule
sat since 78 till four year's ago after a week of cleaning carb learning to get it sparking it started and ran great, since then I've learned about reverse valve tran's changed the rear end from 488 to 323 for road ,what a was line lock plus more the body was easy just some cosmetic it's now painted ready for spring I'm not a performance guy I just want a car to go to cruise night's and enjoy please be gentle I can do the body stuff but I'm no engine guy I just want to get up start it and drive hot race thank's for any help

Distributor P3690200 is the MP Race distributor with tach drive....the older ones are cast iron while the newer ones are aluminum I have 1 cast iron and 3 aluminums ones...

you can go to autozone/napa auto parts and order a cap and rotor for them....You are looking for a cap and rotor for a1970 440 6 pac with dual points...just tell them that...it is the same cap and rotor....or Accel 8330 cap for the brass terminals.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Accel/110/8330/10002/-1

the pickup coil and reluctor kit is no longer available from mopar...but..but...what i did to repair one...drill out the pop rivet that hold the pickup coil on the plate....and install are regular pickup coil for the standard electronic distributor...just pop rivet back into place....fixed.

That's a good distributor for racing. Just so you know, you must set timing at 'full advance'. It advances the timing too quick to set it using initial. So, pick an rpm that will be your benchmark for 'full'. 2500 or 3000 rpm will be good. 2000 rpm would be OK too. Try a 'full' advance between 32 and 36 degrees and work from there.

You may notice a very slight increase in advance from 2000 rpm on up. This is why it is good for high rpm power. It is also why you have pick an rpm as a benchmark for setting thr 'full' advance.

-
Back